Could the Jets trade for Drew Brees

gajets

I mean I wouldn't give away the ranch.  We all know the Saints need defensive help really bad and Brees's starts aren't turning into wins for them.  Fitz  is a journeyman qb who Is becoming  a journeyman qb.

I mean can you imagine our offense with Brees throwing to Marshall and Decker.

2 minutes ago, gajets said:

I mean I wouldn't give away the ranch.  We all know the Saints need defensive help really bad and Brees's starts aren't turning into wins for them.  Fitz  is a journeyman qb who Is becoming  a journeyman qb.

No way. Drew Brees, at this stage, is an indoor QB. HE struggled against the Giants up here already this year

Id offer five first rounders for him then flip him and two more firsts to Dallas for Dez Bryant. Suddenly DAL has a glut of qb's and cuts Romo. We sign him then package another couple of firsts and Sheldumb for Demarcus Ware. Offer a high incentive short money deal to Adrian Petersen in the offseason and weve got a winner folks, make it happen Big Macc

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

Id offer five first rounders for him then flip him and two more firsts to Dallas for Dez Bryant. Suddenly DAL has a glut of qb's and cuts Romo. We sign him then package another couple of firsts and Sheldumb for Demarcus Ware. Offer a high incentive short money deal to Adrian Petersen in the offseason and weve got a winner folks, make it happen Big Macc

Not sure if serious...

Jets would still go 7-9.

19 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Would we have enough to trade up for Christian McCaffrey

2 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Sign Glennon

I wonder if Mike Glennon posted anything implying "I told you so" on social media after Jameis had a 4 INT game 2 weeks ago... and if it would be spun the same way, by the same people, as sweet and innocent?

Actually, I don't really wonder at all. 

46 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I think that ship would have sailed. I think you have to grin and bear it then hope Petty or Hackenberg can play a year or two from now.

Yup.  There was a rumor a few years ago about us getting Brees.  Most of us flipped over the possibility.  Now?  He's too old.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Currently, the Jets do not have a ranch. But if they did, they'd trade it for Tony Romo. And then Tony Romo would break his back having sex with your wife.

This is ridiculous, Tom.

He'd break his collarbone.

I would trade for him. I think the Saints may be open to it if they lose a couple more games. I don't think he would garner a 1st rounder, he really is on the verge of retiring.

I don't think he is nec. an 'indoor QB' and doesn't have the arm to throw in the NJ winds. He can still chuck it, and wind won't change that very much. He can be very successful here with the weapons surrounding him and would still be a MAJOR upgrade over Fitz.   

I would trade Petty and a mid round draft pick. If the Saints feel like Petty has a chance to be a good QB, they might bite. But they may also want a higher draft pick, like a 2nd rounder. The Jets would need to figure out how to fit his salary under the cap. That...along with having to give up a high draft pick are the two biggest obstacles in actually making a deal like this happen. 

I also think Brees may just want to retire a Saint, go down with the ship. He has his SB ring. He may not want to be traded and the Saints may just want to honor that, even if they were interested in a deal.   

2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

No way. Drew Brees, at this stage, is an indoor QB. HE struggled against the Giants up here already this year

Competed 66% of his passes, 270 yards and 3 TDs and 1 pick.  I wish our QB struggled that much.  

3 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

I opened this thread for a chuckle thinking someone necro'd a 3/4 year old thread. I didn't realize I'd get a real chuckle that someone actually proposed this 2 hours ago lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still wondering where we get the extra $15m cap room from to fit him in this year.

I think we would need to cut both Mangold and Decker to even have a chance at it. Although if their salaries are already guaranteed that would be no good.

Glennon is probably our best option via trade. FO and CS seem hell bent on keeping Fitz no matter how he plays though. Just my observation. It's not going to happen unless an injury or two occurs. Hopefully Petty will be playing by week 6 so we can see what he's got

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Currently, the Jets do not have a ranch. But if they did, they'd trade it for Tony Romo. And then Tony Romo would break his back having sex with your wife.

I think you have your speculations/assumptions are all over the place. He might have a husband.

1 hour ago, jamesr said:

I'm still wondering where we get the extra $15m cap room from to fit him in this year.

I think we would need to cut both Mangold and Decker to even have a chance at it. Although if their salaries are already guaranteed that would be no good.

Sue Fitz for breach of contract.  We signed him to be an NFL QB, and he's not living up to the deal.

That's 12mil.  Should be easy enough to find the other 3.

Archived