Could the Jets trade for Drew Brees

gajets

5 hours ago, gajets said:

I mean I wouldn't give away the ranch.  We all know the Saints need defensive help really bad and Brees's starts aren't turning into wins for them.  Fitz  is a journeyman qb who Is becoming  a journeyman qb.

I mean can you imagine our offense with Brees throwing to Marshall and Decker.

So let me see if i can understand your logic. You want to trade for Brees who isn't winning games for the Saints because we have Fitz who isnt winning games for us? I love Drew as a QB and i am sure he would love throwing to Marshall and Decker but he doesn't play well outside a dome i think he would have alot of trouble playing at Metlife with the wind. Honestly i think (and i know i am going to get some dislikes for this) Fitz is a better fit for us right now.

6 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

10 years ago when he left SD I would've been for this.  Now, hell no.  If you think Brees is showing signs of age in that dome wait'll you put him in the Meadowlands.  No thanks.

Again, played at Met Life, had no problems.

At all, he's much better than Fitz.  Don't know if Id want him but he's  better player.  Not even close

36 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Again, played at Met Life, had no problems.

At all, he's much better than Fitz.  Don't know if Id want him but he's  better player.  Not even close

How about that November game in 2013 when the typical late-season winds started to show up?  Wanna take up $15-18 million in cap space for that?

Bryce Petty is the future IMO and we should be focusing on see if he can get it done

38 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

How about that November game in 2013 when the typical late-season winds started to show up?  Wanna take up $15-18 million in cap space for that?

Bryce Petty is the future IMO and we should be focusing on see if he can get it done

Off of one game?  Where the typical late-season winds held him to 30 of 51, 382 yards, 2 TDs?  

And again, I clearly said I dont know if I would want him, committing to age and dollars, but he's a million times better than Fitz today. 

9 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Yup.  There was a rumor a few years ago about us getting Brees.  Most of us flipped over the possibility.  Now?  He's too old.

There was a rumor that Geno was the future. But that was in the past and was a rumor. So much for the validity of rumors.

With the remnants of the last regime-Mangold, Marshall, Harris, etc., giving a low round pick for Brees to not pay Fitz while Petty and Hack continue to warm the bench is not a crazy strategy.

i don't want to see Drew Bress taking over. I want to see people admit that the existing strategy is working an deeds more time.

I expect the Jets will continue to be the Division Champion of mediocrity with the Bills coming a close second.  If you folks keep grasping for straws, a straw outcome is what you will get.  Remember how Darryl Revis was the answer? Wildly flaying for quick solutions does not a solid organization make. Perhaps mimicking a successful organization will provide the underpinning to start.

14 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

His team is much worse.

Youre not seriously arguing that Fitz is better than Brees are you?   Jets would be 3-0 with Brees right now.

No one is arguing that

Brees is not the same player on grass in the elements never has been plus his cap number will be insane like $25 million

Neither player should be in a jet uniform next year

2 hours ago, drdetroit said:

No one is arguing that

Brees is not the same player on grass in the elements never has been plus his cap number will be insane like $25 million

Neither player should be in a jet uniform next year

Except his numbers say something different.  Again, dont want to trade for him, dont want to pay for a 1 or 2 year QB making his money,

36 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

You do realize that the Jets are paying $12MM for Fitz?

I hate paying him that money but its about half of what Brees cap number is.   As bad as that is, twice as much would be worse for a guy who probably is a 2 year player at best and who doesnt want to leave NO

Archived