Partial Tear For Decker

JetNation

Eric Decker has flourished in Gailey's system along with Brandon Marshall.

The Jets got some bad news today regarding Eric Decker’s injured shoulder. Head coach Todd Bowles announced that an MRI revealed Eric Decker has a partially torn rotator cuff. He is out this week and is being officially listed as week to week. It sounds like they are trying to avoid season ending surgery if possible.

You can read more about this injury and see fan reaction in our NY Jets forum.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
BG6WqT5rCOc

Click here to read the full story...

Time for Anderson, Ross and Peake to step up and fill in the void left by Decker and J.Marshall. 

Decker has not played well the past 2 games, and it now looks like the injury is what limited him. Would love to see Anderson and Peake prove that they belong and Ross continue to make an impact on special teams. 

NEXT MAN UP! 

3 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Time for Anderson, Ross and Peake to step up and fill in the void left by Decker and J.Marshall. 

Decker has not played well the past 2 games, and it now looks like the injury is what limited him. Would love to see Anderson and Peake prove that they belong and Ross continue to make an impact on special teams. 

NEXT MAN UP! 

He put up 126 yards against the Bills.  

Unfortunate, but there is no shortage of depth at WR.  The big question is can Fitzpatrick utilize
the speedy WR's that are going to get more reps?

Enunwa
Anderson
Peake
Ross
Smith

Can he reach them or will they have to slow down for his passes?

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

NEXT MAN UP! 

Last two games?  

Wrong

1 hour ago, KRL said:

Unfortunate, but there is no shortage of depth at WR.  The big question is can Fitzpatrick utilize
the speedy WR's that are going to get more reps?

Enunwa
Anderson
Peake
Ross
Smith

Can he reach them or will they have to slow down for his passes?

Good point. Fitz will have to hit them early so that we can sell draw plays

I've had this injury before.  It's really, really annoying.  You lose like 95% of your arm strength and deal with consistently annoying nagging pain.  Basically Decker will never be able to win a jump ball with the injury as he's going to have difficulty lifting his arm above his head.  You can do some physical therapy to retrain the muscles of the shoulder to overcome some of the problem (get ilke maybe 60% back after a few months), but only surgery ever gets everything back fully.  Its actually about a year recovery after the surgery, so the longer he delays the less available he'll be for the following year..

In a month or so, he can be effective in the slot maybe, but don't expect him to run deep sideline or post routes.

7 hours ago, Hael said:

I've had this injury before.  It's really, really annoying.  You lose like 95% of your arm strength and deal with consistently annoying nagging pain.  Basically Decker will never be able to win a jump ball with the injury as he's going to have difficulty lifting his arm above his head.  You can do some physical therapy to retrain the muscles of the shoulder to overcome some of the problem (get ilke maybe 60% back after a few months), but only surgery ever gets everything back fully.  Its actually about a year recovery after the surgery, so the longer he delays the less available he'll be for the following year..

In a month or so, he can be effective in the slot maybe, but don't expect him to run deep sideline or post routes.

I know what your talking about I had this injury and didn't know about it.  I was benching 220 at the gym and had no spotter all of a sudden the bar came down and I couldn't push up luckily I managed to wiggle out before it could crush me

Archived