At 2 and 2 the season looks a lot different

Maxman

Find a way to beat Seattle. They have to just find a way to not turn the ball over and play a complete game on defense. The list of things Fitz has to do? Yeah that is long right now but just look like the QB that beat the Bills and forget last week.

Because at 2 and 2 things look a whole lot differently. Then it is the:

Steelers - Cardinals - Ravens 

It is a tough stretch no doubt, especially with the first two of those games on the road.

If they pull off a miracle and even start 4 and 3 then things will be a lot of fun:

Browns - Dolphins - Rams

That is the kind of stretch that lets you get hot in a hurry.  Yeah one game at a time. That is for the players.

I want 7 and 3 when they play the Patriots. Impossible? Probably. But what the hell all we can do is root for good things. But if they don't get to 2 and 2 on Sunday then it might start getting late, very early this season.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Find a way to beat Seattle. They have to just find a way to not turn the ball over and play a complete game on defense. The list of things Fitz has to do? Yeah that is long right now but just look like the QB that beat the Bills and forget last week.

Because at 2 and 2 things look a whole lot differently. Then it is the:

Steelers - Cardinals - Ravens 

It is a tough stretch no doubt, especially with the first two of those games on the road.

If they pull off a miracle and even start 4 and 3 then things will be a lot of fun:

Browns - Dolphins - Rams

That is the kind of stretch that lets you get hot in a hurry.  Yeah one game at a time. That is for the players.

I want 7 and 3 when they play the Patriots. Impossible? Probably. But what the hell all we can do is root for good things. But if they don't get to 2 and 2 on Sunday then it might start getting late, very early this season.

I've been told by Fitz supporters that we are a 6-7 win team max n that the loss to KC was no big deal. However, they fail to mention why we are a 6-7 win team. So 7-3 seems like a pipe dream. But it is possible. Likely? No. Very unlikely? No. Cards been taking a beating. Steelers looked like a rotten toast. And Ravens are overrated imo. Seattle got off to a shaky start n Wilson won't have his legs to support his play. As we've always been saying, the pig is ripe, but the pig may just be us. 

2 minutes ago, j4jets said:

I've been told by Fitz supporters that we are a 6-7 win team max n that the loss to KC was no big deal. However, they fail to mention why we are a 6-7 win team. So 7-3 seems like a pipe dream. But it is possible. Likely? No. Very unlikely? No. Cards been taking a beating. Steelers looked like a rotten toast. And Ravens are overrated imo. Seattle got off to a shaky start n Wilson won't have his legs to support his play. As we've always been saying, the pig is ripe, but the pig may just be us

I SMELL BACON!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd say, at 1-3 the season looks a lot different.

Meaning as of now, I expect to win vs a very average Seattle team (average because Wilson is limited).  

Should be 2-2 heading into the Pitt game.  Some will then believe we have a shot, but as usual, we'll lose to the better than average team.

Arizona?  No darn clue.  They're all over the place.  

Beating Seattle will just continue the same pattern.

If the Jets lose to Seattle, that may change things pretty drastically and the season will look very different imo.  Or at least it should.  It'd mean we can't even beat the average teams anymore.

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

I'd say, at 1-3 the season looks a lot different.

Meaning as of now, I expect to win vs a very average Seattle team (average because Wilson is limited).  

Should be 2-2 heading into the Pitt game.  Some will then believe we have a shot, but as usual, we'll lose to the better than average team.

Arizona?  No darn clue.  They're all over the place.  

Beating Seattle will just continue the same pattern.

If the Jets lose to Seattle, that may change things pretty drastically and the season will look very different imo.  Or at least it should.  It'd mean we can't even beat the average teams anymore.

Arizona is so damn hard to figure out. I would feel better if that game was at home though.

8 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Arizona is so damn hard to figure out. I would feel better if that game was at home though.

Most definitely.  Though if the Jets can rebound vs Seattle, regardless of what happens in Pitt, think I like our chances in Arizona.  Bowles will really want that game.

3 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Most definitely.  Though if the Jets can rebound vs Seattle, regardless of what happens in Pitt, think I like our chances in Arizona.  Bowles will really want that game.

True, it will be his Snoopy Bowl. :)

Seattle is a big game. If we win maybe we can correct this ship on the right path for atleast a week. Things wont be so gloomy if we are 2-2 going on to steelers. However, if we lose sunday, i think it all goes to sh*t. 1-3 is ugly. This team needs a win in the worst way this sunday. Even though its an nfc game, we need to get spirits up. Way too early in season to be feelin like its over already. Losing decker is going to hurt. Need a win to bring spirits up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phish are already 1-3, Bills will likely join them which would mean the Patsies are 4-0.

Someone has to at least make the Patsies work for the division this year. Looks like that's up to us this year.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Yeah, Sixpatctick v.s. a good secondary really inspires me with confidence.  I am pissed at how our 12m dollar QB has been playing this year...regressing to the mean sux.  This season is starting to feel like Geno's rookie year, one good game, one bad game.  We are so stacked with skilled players that I'm at a loss to understand this.  Fuk Sixp'.  I'm pissed.

Oh, and Go Jets!         

At 2-2, the season doesnt look any different.  This is an inconsistant football team.  Win one week, look terrible the next.  It hasnt changed at all.  Same issues on both sides of the ball.

beating Seattle then pitt doesnt change anything because they will then lose the next 2 after that.  That is what this team does.

"This team has great talent". Go Time this week. 

D-Line needs to step up this week and make a statement. Not sure if Bowles will be blitzing with Wilson but he is dampened with the bum knee. Line needs to look like week 1. Bring pressure and lots of it. They like to run alot of boot plays. LB's and DE's need to stay home and seal. I don't see Wilson running much this week though.

Secondary has yet to make a statement. If they are gonna do that, this would be a good week to start. 

The Offense needs to put some early points on the board and must be successful in the red zone. Fitz is not a good come from behind QB...duh. Offense must finish inside the 20!! Marshall has been almost non-existant. He needs a big game as does Forte.

If this team can't put it all together and fast it's gonna be one of those seasons we're all too used to. 

1-3 is the start of a potentially large hole.

2-2 ... we're hanging in there.

Go JETS!

I'll say this - because I'm realistic.

If the Jets are under .500 after 8 games, this might be a good season to let Bryce Petty take over at QB so we can see what we really have in him - Geno Smith can sit there and hold the clipboard, we have already seen 2 seasons of his mediocre play.

If we are over .500 after 8 games, I'll be shocked quite honestly, particularly after the egg the Jets laid last week.

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

The secret to figuring out why Arizona is so confusing is that the coach is good, the players are good, but the QB is a detached, semi-interested and soft couchboy who would rather be a pro golfer.

1 minute ago, ARodJetsFan said:

I'll say this - because I'm realistic.

If the Jets are under .500 after 8 games, this might be a good season to let Bryce Petty take over at QB so we can see what we really have in him.

If we're under .500 after 4 games, Petty or whoever is most ready should take over.

Basically win or sit for Fitz this week.

Re-signing Mo at a reasonable deal was the highlight of this season. Signing Fitzpatrick and gifting him the starting job doomed this, and likely next, season. For all the positives that Maccagnan seems to display, his handling of the QB position is alarming, to say the least. If your plan is to give Fitzpatrick $12 mil to serve as a bridge to Christian Hackenberg, the probability of that plan bearing fruit is so slim as to be nonsensical. And if he doubles down on this bet by passing on one of the QBs next year (assuming the team is drafting in that 12-16 area), then you're probably setting out on the path toward everyone getting fired. The unforeseen variables in all of this that could salvage them would be:

1. Hackenberg doesn't suck: hard to see how this works out, IMO.
  2. Bryce Petty becomes Blake Bortles-ish, at least.
  3. Theres a future, ill-advised trade for Romo or Brees.

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Re-signing Mo at a reasonable deal was the highlight of this season. Signing Fitzpatrick and gifting him the starting job doomed this, and likely next, season. For all the positives that Maccagnan seems to display, his handling of the QB position is alarming, to say the least. If your plan is to give Fitzpatrick $12 mil to serve as a bridge to Christian Hackenberg, the probability of that plan bearing fruit is so slim as to be nonsensical. And if he doubles down on this bet by passing on one of the QBs next year (assuming the team is drafting in that 12-16 area), then you're probably setting out on the path toward everyone getting fired. The unforeseen variables in all of this that could salvage them would be:

Dont forget Jay Cutler 

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

4.  Geno is resurrected.

I am not confident in Fitz pulling out wins against Seattle's D and out doing Pitt especially without BM and the state of our secondary. It definitely helps Wilson is some what hobbled and they lost their starting RB, but their D is what concerns me along with Jimmy Graham if he plays.

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Did you cover everything?  I want to make sure all our paths are clearly defined before I take a sh*t this morning otherwise it wont come out.

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Well, yeah, but I think that has even less of a shot than Hackenberg being good.

Hey, maybe none of the options are needed.  Maybe after 11 years (or however long Fitz has been trying to be an NFL QB) and 3 games, Fitz finally has his eureka moment.  Meaning as of now, we have a legitimately good QB starting.

The above scenario seems to be the least likely scenario of all.  (Except the Cutler option.)

9 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Hey, maybe none of the options are needed.  Maybe after 11 years (or however long Fitz has been trying to be an NFL QB) and 3 games, Fitz finally has his eureka moment.  As of now, we have a legitimately good QB.

The above scenario seems to be the least likely scenario of all.  (Except the Cutler option.)

What's funny is that I thought the Buffalo game was a turning point for Fitz and Gailey in that they discovered the best way to mediate Fitz's arm was to have him throw consistently 15-20 yards down the field, as opposed to throwing short all day in an attempt to set up a pathetic deep ball that never connected. Warner and Gannon didn't have great arms, but they killed people in the intermediate areas, and I thought Gailey was onto something. Then Kansas City happened, and cemented everything the entire league knows about Fitzpatrick, and why he received zero interest as a free agent.

19 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

Did you cover everything?  I want to make sure all our paths are clearly defined before I take a sh*t this morning otherwise it wont come out.

Just for this, I'm going to list a new bullet point every hour for a week until you're hospitalized with septic shock.

Archived