****The Official Jets VS Steelers Game thread****®©™

BP

1 hour ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

well, it's safe to say that this season is probably over regarding making the playoffs. That doesn't mean that this team should fold up their tents and go home. 

Indeed,. This team was slated as a "  win now" team. But after 5 games, it's clear that this team has too many holes to cover up.  From playing 2 rookie line backers, a questionable secondary ( thus asking Revis to still play  as if he was 25), an offence  made up aging stars (that have always been suspect to numerous injuries), a journeyman QB that's always been hot or cold, a questionable offensive line, an inexperienced head coach, and last but most importantly A DEFENSIVE LINE THAT'S FAILED TO DOMINATE.

it'll be a long year, let's hope that they finish some sense of direction and respect.

Sorry but it's really the coaching.  All the other things you listed are linked to poor coaching up and down the line.  Poor game prep, poor mid game adjustments, poor player accountability, poor clock management, poor use of time outs and challenges, the list goes on and on.        

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

But atleast we would have a damn good draft pick. Not only does Fitz demoralize your team, but he wins just enough to keep you out of the playoffs but to provide you with the 20th pick in the draft. 

Just as long as he gives us performances like week 5, he will keep his job and he'll ride that to a 4-12 record. 

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

He played average. The defense played below average. The offensive line was below average. The running game was below average. The special teams were below average. When you have an average QB, everything else has to be above average. It hasn't been close to any of that for any game. In fact, the only game the Jets won is when Fitz played above average because the defense was putrid again. 

If you think Sixpatrick's play was average today then you are delusional.  I didn't see one pass that was "on the money".  He underthrows, overthrows, telegraphs, and looks to me like he knows his not able to cut it.  He had one good game this year and in the rest his accuracy was/is atrocious.  Average is pretty far off the mark.  Try, stat wise, that he's the worst starting QB in the league.     

9 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

If you think Sixpatrick's play was average today then you are delusional.  I didn't see one pass that was "on the money".  He underthrows, overthrows, telegraphs, and looks to me like he knows his not able to cut it.  He had one good game this year and in the rest his accuracy was/is atrocious.  Average is pretty far off the mark.  Try, stat wise, that he's the worst starting QB in the league.     

He was exactly average. There's no use in splitting hairs. If you think the Jets lost today because of QB play, I've got nothing else to offer you. 

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

He was exactly average. There's no use in splitting hairs. If you think the Jets lost today because of QB play, I've got nothing else to offer you. 

The TD pass to Marshall should have been an INT if it werent for Marshall wrestling the ball away from the defender granted he didnt thrown any INTs but he didnt do anything that would help a team win either. 

Wake up Carl you've got sh*tzpatrick in your eyes. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

The TD pass to Marshall should have been an INT if it werent for Marshall wrestling the ball away from the defender granted he didnt thrown any INTs but he didnt do anything that would help a team win either. 

Wake up Carl you've got sh*tzpatrick in your eyes. 

I said he was average. He was. The game plan and play calling was atrocious. Again, the problems are more deeply rooted than a QB. You have to look beyond Fitz. We all know his limitations. No point in talking about it anymore. 

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I said he was average. He was. The game plan and play calling was atrocious. Again, the problems are more deeply rooted than a QB. You have to look beyond Fitz. We all know his limitations. No point in talking about it anymore. 

The NY Jets arent winning consistently and arent making the playoffs as long as Ryan Fitzpatrick is the QB. 

32 minutes ago, BP said:

I don't think it would have mattered. Remember your "if we're 2-2 thread"? How did that work out?

Spoken like a true jinx.

What was my game thread record last year? Before another jinx came along calling for a change at the game thread starter position.

Punting and JetNation game threads were the only two strengths for this team. You guys took one of them away.

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

That should actually be like three separate sentences, but yeah. I'm done here. This has been repeated as nauseum and I'm not wasting anymore time trying to educate you. 

Obviously you get the point and you dont like it that or truth. Goodbye 

7 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Spoken like a true jinx.

What was my game thread record last year? Before another jinx came along calling for a change at the game thread starter position.

Punting and JetNation game threads were the only two strengths for this team. You guys took one of them away.

You blew it by not making the game thread promptly then. It's all your fault then. Thank you

2 minutes ago, BP said:

You blew it by not making the game thread promptly then. It's all your fault then. Thank you

You have no authority here.

You lost that the day I fired you you resigned from being a moderator.

13 minutes ago, Maxman said:

You have no authority here.

You lost that the day I fired you you resigned from being a moderator.

This is all your fault the Jets lost. No need to be bitter about it, Glen, I mean Ham.

This whole day just pisses me off.  First, was supposed to head out on the boat with my son.  Had enough of the damn Jets, plan was to listen to the game on the radio while we bailed blackfish for dinner.  The blow kept us at the dock, so we decided to watch the game on TV.  Same as last week, competitive 1st half, actually showed glimpses of a real NFL team.  Then came the second half.  The first glimpse of the brain dead, spaced out Bowles at the beginning of the 3rd quarter, I knew we were screwed.  I knew that zero adjustments had been made.  I switched over to red zone, already knowing how we'd fare in the second half.  I really hope we get the number 1 pick.  Somehow we'll win 6 games and screw that up.  I'm going to go to the home games.  Always fun to tailgate and whatnot, but can't watch them on tv anymore.

28 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

This whole day just pisses me off.  First, was supposed to head out on the boat with my son.  Had enough of the damn Jets, plan was to listen to the game on the radio while we bailed blackfish for dinner.  The blow kept us at the dock, so we decided to watch the game on TV.  Same as last week, competitive 1st half, actually showed glimpses of a real NFL team.  Then came the second half.  The first glimpse of the brain dead, spaced out Bowles at the beginning of the 3rd quarter, I knew we were screwed.  I knew that zero adjustments had been made.  I switched over to red zone, already knowing how we'd fare in the second half.  I really hope we get the number 1 pick.  Somehow we'll win 6 games and screw that up.  I'm going to go to the home games.  Always fun to tailgate and whatnot, but can't watch them on tv anymore.

No Tautog fishing in CT waters till tomorrow 

1 minute ago, BP said:

Where do we go from here, Sooth?

If history is any guide, I change your password. Read your PMs to see if you are privately bad mouthing me. Then I check with the Jets to see what they think of you as a poster. If you pass all that I wait for your email telling me you can't log in. Then I proclaim that there was a "glitch", I reset your password and email it to you.

Just now, Maxman said:

If history is any guide, I change your password. Read your PMs to see if you are privately bad mouthing me. Then I check with the Jets to see what they think of you as a poster. If you pass all that I wait for your email telling me you can't log in. Then I proclaim that there was a "glitch", I reset your password and email it to you.

Thanks, Sean. I knew I could always rely on you :) 

• 2 months later...

Archived