Geno back on twitter

AFJF

Just now, Matt39 said:

The optics would be poor, but 100% get rid of him tonight. Flat out embarrassing.

Tomorrow's optics are going to be awful anyway. The punt gave Francesa and Mehta the silver bullet they need to go in on the Jets, and I think the media wants to push Bowles anyway. Cut Geno, plant a rumor that they're looking to trade Sheldon, grab Cimini and tell him that Hack looks great behind the scenes. They need to get control of the narrative immediately or they're all doomed.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The backup QB having a victory lap on twitter isnt "saying dumb things" it's a freakin embarrassment.

I am good with cutting him. Let's start Hack this week. Petty can be the # 3 and Fitz # 2.

Let's go.

2 minutes ago, BP said:

Once Petty is healthy you start him and don't look back. The Jets qb position needs a good douching.

Since that is an area of strength for you, maybe you should give them instructions.

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

And for the record, if the Jets are offended by Geno being amateurish and decided to cut him, I would fully support it.

I want accountability.

LOL

You want accountability solely for Geno Smith. The non-Geno Smiths of the team aren't ever held accountable.

Because I'm sure Fitzpatrick was sympathetic to Geno when he showed up at the last minute and pulled the rug from under him. After taking the 1st team reps. I'm pretty sure when Fitzpatrick came here he didn't lowkey want Geno's starting job. Bottomline is they're not friends and Geno wants that job back especially seeing Fitzpatrick struggle. 

Just now, T0mShane said:

Tomorrow's optics are going to be awful anyway. The punt gave Francesa and Mehta the silver bullet they need to go in on the Jets, and I think the media wants to push Bowles anyway. Cut Geno, plant a rumor that they're looking to trade Sheldon, grab Cimini and tell him that Hack looks great behind the scenes. They need to get control of the narrative immediately or they're all doomed.

Mike's been pretty hands off with this regime. 

1 minute ago, phill1c said:

LOL

You want accountability solely for Geno Smith. The non-Geno Smiths of the team aren't ever held accountable.

I don't want Geno Smith to be cut, calm down.

I started another thread saying to start Geno and bench Fitz.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

It was telling how many Jets players were tweeting happy sh*t like they didn't just get blown out two weeks in a row

Seriously? So losing is acceptable again I suppose. No wonder why we punted.

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

And for the record, as to what I want right now.

Not much, we are at 3,055 posts for the day. All I wanted was to break 3,000. So I won't want anything else until tomorrow. :)

I'm on my iPad. But can somebody post the heat Mizer video from Santa Claus is coming to town please?

20 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Geno says dumb things. Fitz throws dumb interceptions.

Let's rule Fitz out today. Give Geno 2 losses over the next 5 games and if he hits 2, rule him out. 

Then move on to Petty and Hack if needed.

RINSE AND REPEAT.

I like you Maxman. I really do. Don't make me change my opinion of you. 

13 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

At least he didn't ask for 12m to ruin the season.

We overpaid a lousy journeyman because Geno Smith is a bad quarterback.  You understand this, yes?

There was no outcry to resign Fitzpatrick.  Fans were indifferent.  Our GM and Head Coach saw Geno Smith all Spring and didn't like what they saw.  Period.  The $12M and the quarterback play you're mad about is Geno's fault, he wasn't prepared or talented enough to win the job.

SAR I

45 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

+1

I doubt it makes a difference, but some Parcellsian sh*t certainly can't hurt.

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

We overpaid a lousy journeyman because Geno Smith is a bad quarterback.  You understand this, yes?

There was no outcry to resign Fitzpatrick.  Fans were indifferent.  Our GM and Head Coach saw Geno Smith all Spring and didn't like what they saw.  Period.  The $12M and the quarterback play you're mad about is Geno's fault, he wasn't prepared or talented enough to win the job.

SAR I

The front office was fooled by a 10 win performance , they named Fitz the starter before he even had a contract. They hitched their wagons to Fitzmagic with the support of the media , the majority of the fan base and his buddy teammates. The coach didn't have the nutsack to go back on his word just like he doesn't have the nutsack in game day situations. Geno has nothing to do with the ineptitude of Fitz , and he has nothing to do with Bowles not benching him, Todd is handing that ineptly all by himself. 

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Were you counting your money all offseason?

There was a huge sentiment with the fan base to bring Fitz back.

2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

The front office was fooled by a 10 win performance , they named Fitz the starter before he even had a contract. They hitched their wagons to Fitzmagic with the support of the media , the majority of the fan base and his buddy teammates. The coach didn't have the nutsack to go back on his word just like he doesn't have the nutsack in game day situations. Geno has nothing to do with the ineptitude of Fitz , and he has nothing to do with Bowles not benching him, Todd is handing that ineptly all by himself. 

There is no controversy here, there is no conspiracy to keep the great talent that is Geno Smith on the bench, good Lord.  Are you trying to make us laugh or something?

How about he is just not good.  These things happen.  Young quarterbacks bust all the time.  

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

There is no controversy here, there is no conspiracy to keep the great talent that is Geno Smith on the bench, good Lord.  Are you trying to make us laugh or something?

How about he is just not good.  These things happen.  Young quarterbacks bust all the time.  

SAR I

No , but there's a conspiracy to keep the great Fitzpatrick the chosen one in the lineup, so that Bowles saves face with his team.  Problem is , Fitz is even worse than some of us predicted  and now Bowles is backing himself into a corner Rex Ryan style. 

8 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Were you counting your money all offseason?

There was a huge sentiment with the fan base to bring Fitz back.

Not on the strength of Ryan Fitzpatrick being a great quarterback but on the fear of the alternative.  Millions of Jets fans would have walked (raises hand) if Geno Smith were announced as our starter. 

Fitzpatrick has no fans; Geno has millions of haters.  He did this to himself by his on field play and his off field immaturity.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

No , but there's a conspiracy to keep the great Fitzpatrick the chosen one in the lineup, so that Bowles saves face with his team.  Problem is , Fitz is even worse than some of us predicted  and now Bowles is backing himself into a corner Rex Ryan style. 

You cannot believe this is true. Todd Bowles is so in love with Ryan Fitzpatrick that he is compromising his career by keeping a superior talent like Geno Smith on the bench?

Please consider the obvious. Geno Smith is a bust.  All evidence supports this. His performances in '13, '14, and '15.  The drafting of not one but two quarterbacks by his new GM.  The lack of support by his teammates. His inability to take the job away from his replacement for two years. 

If Petty wasn't hurt Geno would have been cut in August.  We'd be better off.

SAR I

Archived