Geno back on twitter

AFJF

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SAR I said:

You cannot believe this is true. Todd Bowles is so in love with Ryan Fitzpatrick that he is compromising his career by keeping a superior talent like Geno Smith on the bench?

Please consider the obvious. Geno Smith is a bust.  All evidence supports this. His performances in '13, '14, and '15.  The drafting of not one but two quarterbacks by his new GM.  The lack of support by his teammates. His inability to take the job away from his replacement for two years. 

If Petty wasn't hurt Geno would have been cut in August.  We'd be better off.

SAR I

I don't care if they play Lachlan Edwards at QB. They need someone who can stretch the field, Fitz is not that player. Your the one that's hung up on the fact that the next person up might just be Geno. 

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Say what you want about his game and abilities, but you can't sit there and say the man doesn't care. That couldn't be further from the truth. 

"What defines me is not what I do on the field or who I am as a football player. What defines me is my five beautiful kids, my wife, who I am off the field. A lot is made of that [on-field] stuff, but I'm defined, at least in my own mind, as much more than just an NFL quarterback." 

3 minutes ago, cant wait said:

"What defines me is not what I do on the field or who I am as a football player. What defines me is my five beautiful kids, my wife, who I am off the field. A lot is made of that [on-field] stuff, but I'm defined, at least in my own mind, as much more than just an NFL quarterback." 

Imagine if one of our other Qb's said that :lol:.

20 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Not on the strength of Ryan Fitzpatrick being a great quarterback but on the fear of the alternative.  Millions of Jets fans would have walked (raises hand) if Geno Smith were announced as our starter. 

Fitzpatrick has no fans; Geno has millions of haters.  He did this to himself by his on field play and his off field immaturity.

SAR I

Of all the silly things you have ever said, this one is the bet.

There are 75,000 people at the stadium on a Sunday. If 3 million people walked, that would be enough to fill the stadium 40 times. That is comical.

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Of all the silly things you have ever said, this one is the bet.

There are 75,000 people at the stadium on a Sunday. If 3 million people walked, that would be enough to fill the stadium 40 times. That is comical.

There are 20.3 million people in the NY Metro area. Surely more than 10% of the populations of New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut are avid Jets fans. 

11.2 million people watched the Jets/Seahawks game.

SAR I

57 minutes ago, SAR I said:

There are 20.3 million people in the NY Metro area. Surely more than 10% of the populations of New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut are avid Jets fans. 

11.2 million people watched the Jets/Seahawks game.

SAR I

And yet millions of them would not have "walked" if Geno was the starter.

My opponent is a story teller. He dazzles you with figures and stories of his wealth. I have one goal tonight, and that is to win the vote of the fine readers of this site. With honesty. Geno Smith isn't perfect. Geno Smith wasn't my choice. But as a leader I know we have to stand firm on accountability. So whatever decision we make on the QB position we have to sit Fitz. I am willing to reach across the aisle and work on a solution here.

My opponent would prefer to purchase Fitz a new BMW and let him start all season. I would prefer to purchase him a train ticket out of town. A train that was made in this country because I am all about American jobs. The RV I just purchased has a Ford Chassis. The servers we read this site from are U.S. based. The programmers we hire are U.S. based.

That is what I am about. My track record proves it. My opponent imports brie for his wine and cheese party.

Vote for Max.

2 hours ago, phill1c said:

The focus on the BACKUP when the starter just plain sucks seems like so much SOJ Silly Old Jets fans to me.

The amount of time you spend fetishing a franchise quarterback bust when the defensive line, secondary, offensive line, running backs, special teams, and coaching staff are in a shambles makes you just as selfish as your Twitter hero, Geno Smith.

SAR I

6 minutes ago, Maxman said:

My opponent is a story teller. He dazzles you with figures and stories of his wealth. I have one goal tonight, and that is to win the vote of the fine readers of this site. With honesty. Geno Smith isn't perfect. Geno Smith wasn't my choice. But as a leader I know we have to stand firm on accountability. So whatever decision we make on the QB position we have to sit Fitz. I am willing to reach across the aisle and work on a solution here.

My opponent would prefer to purchase Fitz a new BMW and let him start all season. I would prefer to purchase him a train ticket out of town. A train that was made in this country because I am all about American jobs. The RV I just purchased has a Ford Chassis. The servers we read this site from are U.S. based. The programmers we hire are U.S. based.

That is what I am about. My track record proves it. My opponent imports brie for his wine and cheese party.

Vote for Max.

Imported brie is delicious, but you have my vote anyway.

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Vote for Max.

And what about the 80,000 deleted posts, lyin' Max?  How your wife met with the FBI and used her influence to get them to back off so you didn't face prosecution?  And what about Ben Ghazi, that fifth round draft pick that you hung out to dry and got cut off the team along with four of his staff? 

You cannot sell your story to the Jet Nation public because your story involves Geno Smith, a quarterback so bad, so disliked, so despised that the mere mention of his name sends fans by the millions to cancel their season tickets, turn off their televisions, unsubscribe to discussion forums.  We've seen his tired act before, remember?  Oh, he'll promise "patience" and "change" but he was in office back in 2014 and 2013 when all of our disruption occurred, he's the one who created all the chaos.  So how are we to trust him now?  He'll promise you that he "will be good" and he will "win games" but we've heard that story before, he's a liar, lyin' Geno.

Vote for SAR

They just don't want Geno.

They will say anything, however inane, however untrue, however vile and hateful.

Personally, I would respect it more if they just said "I don't want Geno and there's really no reason I want to cite."

Because the performance arguments are so absurd, given the performance of Fitzpatrick, which has no parallel in Jets annals.

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

Were you counting your money all offseason?

There was a huge sentiment with the fan base to bring Fitz back.

And they were wrong.  I and many others knew it was a mistake to bring back Fitz. Of course we got shouted down by all the geniuses on this board.   Instead of letting Geno and Petty battle it out and SEE if either of them improved enough to lead the team, we took the "safe" route and signed this 12 year journeyman with the pop gun arm.   It should have been obvious to everyone that teams had film on him with the Jets and would make adjustments (see Buffalo game in week 17) to dare Fitz to beat them deep and force the team to march down the field on every drive.  They also saw a propensity to lock in on his first read (often Marshall), as well as habit of throwing back shoulder or 50-50 balls and hoping his big receivers could out fight the dbs for the ball.  

Some keep talking about how the CS and FO had all season to observe Geno and still decided to bring Fitz back.   As a Jet fan we have seen plenty of stupid or ill advised decisions by any number of Jet regimes over the years so that argument doesn't hold water for me.  

Bowles being as stubborn and conservative as he is, will keep trotting Fitz out there until we are officially eliminated or he gets injured.  To all those fans who wanted him back, I hope you are happy.   As you are all so fond of saying "at least he ain't Geno", while our entire season implodes with the 12 million dollar man stinking up the joint. 

3 hours ago, King P said:

If it was a certain type of QB, we'd be saying how he's showing his fierce passion and can't wait to get in and help the team.

But instead we'll just say how he's a distraction, a cancer, and not a team player

A certain kind?  Like a talented kind of QB?  A smart type of QB probably wouldn't have tweeted that out today buy hey, we all know he is a dumb ass anyway even before this.

8 minutes ago, NYPaperAirplanes said:

A fanbase that mostly hates your guts and a team that is not starting you even though the starter is playing horrible. Geno shouldn't even have to give a f**k anymore if you ask me.

Couldn't agree more.  This team is so dysfunctional, I would be counting the days until my contract was up. 

31 minutes ago, phill1c said:

They just don't want Geno.

They will say anything, however inane, however untrue, however vile and hateful.

Personally, I would respect it more if they just said "I don't want Geno and there's really no reason I want to cite."

Because the performance arguments are so absurd, given the performance of Fitzpatrick, which has no parallel in Jets annals.

Especially since his last starts had shown improvement and he has had over a season to observe and watch (something Hack is getting the benefit of).  As horrible as everyone wants to say he has been, he still managed to win 8 games as a rookie.   Meanwhile a 12 year vet finally managed to win more than 6 games last year against one of the weakest schedules in memory and with an offense a lot better then anything Geno had to work with.   

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

The backup QB having a victory lap on twitter isnt "saying dumb things" it's a freakin embarrassment.

Honestly, I was embarrassed by the 9 picks in 2 games, the 5 fumbles and averaging 11 ppg over the last 3 games while leading the league in picks, fumbles and on pace to throw 40 picks on the season. 

That's f'ing embarrassing.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

And what about the 80,000 deleted posts, lyin' Max?  How your wife met with the FBI and used her influence to get them to back off so you didn't face prosecution?  And what about Ben Ghazi, that fifth round draft pick that you hung out to dry and got cut off the team along with four of his staff? 

You cannot sell your story to the Jet Nation public because your story involves Geno Smith, a quarterback so bad, so disliked, so despised that the mere mention of his name sends fans by the millions to cancel their season tickets, turn off their televisions, unsubscribe to discussion forums.  We've seen his tired act before, remember?  Oh, he'll promise "patience" and "change" but he was in office back in 2014 and 2013 when all of our disruption occurred, he's the one who created all the chaos.  So how are we to trust him now?  He'll promise you that he "will be good" and he will "win games" but we've heard that story before, he's a liar, lyin' Geno.

Vote for SAR

Yeah so I was going for subtle. Thinking we could have like 5 or 6 subtle posts at this without getting the thread locked. You went right for IBTL.

33 minutes ago, SpartanJet said:

A certain kind?  Like a talented kind of QB?  A smart type of QB probably wouldn't have tweeted that out today buy hey, we all know he is a dumb ass anyway even before this.

Smart QB with 49 wondersuck score has been a blessing in disguise...for our opposition. In fact, there's been no disguise. 

On a second thought, you said "talented" so I'm actually not sure which QB you are referring to here. 

Archived