Geno back on twitter

AFJF

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Yet you're paying for Fitz. 

Looks like you're losing

I had the Jets at 7-9  and was ambivalent as to whether our starting quarterback should be Ryan Fitzpatrick or Bryce Petty, I could have gone either way back in July.

What the Jets did, and what many of the Pollyanna fans in this forum thought was best, was calculate that if they stuck with Fitzpatrick there was a moderate chance that they could survive the early part of the schedule and make it into the playoffs where that would not happen with Petty.   The thought being that we were going to have a Top 5 defense and had made some key additions to the offense.  

The reason that Ryan Fitzpatrick is on the roster is because of the first six games and how hard they are.  That was a gamble the Jets made to try to make the playoffs, you can't blame them for trying.

What they did not realize in any of these plans is just how bad the defense would be. Had they known better, like some of us did, they would not have signed Fitzpatrick.

SAR I

12 hours ago, Larz said:

can he cover ?

Can he rush passer ?

Can he catch the football

Can he have a feel for how to game is going and go for it on 4th down down 11 and turn it over to a defense who hasn't made a stop the entire second half ?

Can he block ?

Can he actually run the football for more than 2 yards a carry ?

At this point i don't even care. Put him in, put Petty in, put Hack in, Go get Joe Namath out of retirement. It isn't going to help

14 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

excellent spirit - a backup qb who only tweets when the starter fails.  what a team!  

More interesting is why his tweets are so damn important to anyone he's a bum a rotten QB he's a rotten teammate everyone hates him, who cares what he tweets. Right? 

14 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Good for Geno Smith staying positive and keeping the faith. 

It was a tweet about HIMSELF, not the team, so NOT good for Geno keeping the faith. Once again he shows ZERO leadership skills and you like that?

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Then why are his damn tweets so important to anyone including you? 

Fitzhole is paid $12M to sink the season straight in the stank tank by Halloween and after laying giant turds three weeks straight we get an anti-Geno thread.

Bizarre.  

17 hours ago, phill1c said:

The focus on the BACKUP when the starter just plain sucks seems like so much SOJ Silly Old Jets fans to me.

As opposed to the heavy focus placed on Geno when Fitz was performing well last season?  Come on.  People have been talking about Geno ad nauseum while he's been in the backup role regardless of what's been going on with the team or Fitzpatrick.  Stop acting like Geno and people who want him to start are victims here. 

The backup QB has been the most popular topic on this board for over a decade because we never have a franchise QB the fanbase can believe in, meaning the grass HAS to be greener personified by the guy sitting on the bench.  SEE:  Kellen Clemens, Brett Ratliff, Greg McElroy, etc.

That fault doesn't lie with fans or Ryan Fitzpatrick.  It lies with Woody Johnson and the idiots he's hired over the years to try to find us a QB, and fail at it at evey turn.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

As opposed to the heavy focus placed on Geno when Fitz was performing well last season?  Come on.  People have been talking about Geno ad nauseum while he's been in the backup role regardless of what's been going on with the team or Fitzpatrick.  Stop acting like Geno and people who want him to start are victims here. 

that the same moronic, hateful behavior has occurred persistently doesn't make it reasonable, acceptable, correct.

I'd like him to start. I'm not a victim. the 1-4 Jets are the victims.

1 minute ago, phill1c said:

that the same moronic, hateful behavior has occurred persistently doesn't make it reasonable, acceptable, correct.

I'd like him to start. I'm not a victim. the 1-4 Jets are the victims.

Geno isn't riding in to save the day.  As I stated above, the backup QB is always the most popular player on this team, and has been since about 1999.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Geno isn't riding in to save the day.  As I stated above, the backup QB is always the most popular player on this team. 

You mean like Fitzpatrick didn't ride in the "save" the season last year?

Fitzpatrick sucks. ANY change might light a spark with a team that is clearly underperforming based on its talent. This isn't the 2013 Jets with a brokedown OL and #4 and #5 receivers masquerading as starters.

2 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Fitzpatrick sucks. ANY change might light a spark with a team that is clearly underperforming based on its talent. This isn't the 2013 Jets with a brokedown OL and #4 and #5 receivers masquerading as starters.

You're failing to see the big picture...again.  We've been through this cycle for years and years.  Acquire QB.  QB sucks.  Demand for backup.  Backup sucks.  Bring in new QB.  He sucks.  Demand for backup.  He sucks. 

Fitz, Geno....they both suck.  Petty and Hack....they probably both suck.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You're failing to see the big picture...again.  We've been through this cycle for years and years.  Acquire QB.  QB sucks.  Demand for backup.  Backup sucks.  Bring in new QB.  He sucks.  Demand for backup.  He sucks. 

Fitz, Geno....they both suck.  Petty and Hack....they probably both suck.

)r just maybe all with the exception of Fitz has not been allowed to fail while developing in 1 scheme .  This is the 1st time Geno Smith has spent 2 years in the same scheme under the same coordinator and he's never really played regularly . The same for Petty and half if not more of this board has already given up on him .   

4 minutes ago, phill1c said:

INjuries though

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Fitz, Geno, Petty, Hack.....they all suck. 

Absurd.

You don't know who sucks if they haven't actually played. we KNOW Fitz sucks because we've seen him suck IN A REAL GAME, WITH THE CURRENT CAST. All this other speculation is just negative speculation based on what Fitzpatrick has done and what Smith did with a sub-NFL cast.

Your opinion seems to limit backups to never being good, when, sometimes, they are actually good: Tom Brady for example, 6th round pick, languishing on the bench until they needed to play him.

18 hours ago, Maxman said:

And for the record, if the Jets are offended by Geno being amateurish and decided to cut him, I would fully support it.

I want accountability.

This coach has proven one thing in his 21 games as head coach, and that's that nobody will ever be held accountable for any of their actions that occur on the field. Cromartie did everything in his power to be benched last year, and Bowles kept him out for every snap of every game. The same Antonio Cromartie showed up to Indy this year and Chuck Pagano didn't even find him worthy for the bench, and instead decided to flat out cut him.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is throwing interceptions at a rate not seen in 30 years and our couch openly SCOFFS at the suggestion that he'd even thought about benching him. If anyone on this team deserves to be held accountable and be cut, it's Todd Bowles.

34 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Fitzhole is paid $12M to sink the season straight in the stank tank by Halloween and after laying giant turds three weeks straight we get an anti-Geno thread.

Bizarre.  

The Geno haters are blaming this all on Geno I think his tweets are great. 

1 minute ago, Jack Straw said:

This coach has proven one thing in his 21 games as head coach, and that's that nobody will ever be held accountable for any of their actions that occur on the field. Cromartie did everything in his power to be benched last year, and Bowles kept him out for every snap of every game. The same Antonio Cromartie showed up to Indy this year and Chuck Pagano didn't even find him worthy for the bench, and instead decided to flat out cut him.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is throwing interceptions at a rate not seen in 30 years and our couch openly SCOFFS at the suggestion that he'd even thought about benching him. If anyone on this team deserves to be held accountable and be cut, it's Todd Bowles.

Bench Fitz for who . Petty is hurt, Hack isn't close to being prepared for the NFL and Smith gets booed getting off the bus .  Who should be the QB ?

4 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

FIRE TODD BOWLES 

1 minute ago, Tinstar said:

Bench Fitz for who . Petty is hurt, Hack isn't close to being prepared for the NFL and Smith gets booed getting off the bus .  Who should be the QB ?

Fitzpatrick has been terrible, so he'd be a good first candidate for a benching. 

We're 1-4;  to get to this record there's got to be someone who's not doing what they're supposed to be doing. At this point Bowles need to let everyone know that sub-par performance won't be accepted, even if that means benching a player for someone who might be worse than who they're replacing. In 21 games as Head Coach, has Bowles ever benched a veteran for sub-par play? Nope. Not once, to my knowledge.

That's the sign of a coach who's stubborn enough to get himself fired for not being able to make tough, adult decisions. If he doesn't want to do that then that's fine; he can go back to being a coordinator who everyone loves under Bruce Arians.

7 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

Fitzpatrick has been terrible, so he'd be a good first candidate for a benching. 

We're 1-4;  to get to this record there's got to be someone who's not doing what they're supposed to be doing. At this point Bowles need to let everyone know that sub-par performance won't be accepted, even if that means benching a player for someone who might be worse than who they're replacing. In 21 games as Head Coach, has Bowles ever benched a veteran for sub-par play? Nope. Not once, to my knowledge.

That's the sign of a coach who's stubborn enough to get himself fired for not being able to make tough, adult decisions. If he doesn't want to do that then that's fine; he can go back to being a coordinator who everyone loves under Bruce Arians.

He rode Bruce Arians coat tails and was responsible for nothing.  

23 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Geno owes nothing to this team and fanbase any more.

He has been treated incredibly poorly.  

Poorly?

LOL, millions of dollars to go 4-12 then ride the bench for two years.  Yeah, "poorly".  He's a bust on vacation.  He seems to be enjoying it.

SAR I

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Poorly?

LOL, millions of dollars to go 4-12 then ride the bench for two years.  Yeah, "poorly".  He's a bust on vacation.  He seems to be enjoying it.

SAR I

Fitzpatrick is the one who railroaded the Jets duda duda raise the season ticket prices duda duda to pay Fitzpatrick $12 million all duda day all duda night,

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Fitzpatrick is the one who railroaded the Jets duda duda raise the season ticket prices duda duda to pay Fitzpatrick $12 million all duda day all duda night,

this sh!ts got you speaking in tongues!!! 

Fitz wasnt the "safe" choice this year, he was the only choice.  Especially with Petty hurt.  Could you imagine this place if Geno started the season 1-4 or 0-5?  as far as fans complaining about what we are paying Fitz to be a part of this sh!t show it is irrelevant to me, I dont write the checks.  I get it costs a couple mill on next years cap but nothing egregious.

Archived