Geno back on twitter

AFJF

3 minutes ago, UpstateJetsGuru said:

That is a whole lotta bad outlined there Villain, and though Fitz has not been good, what on earth can anybody expect when the whole team collapses around him?! The Decker injury has been huge IMO, and the defense, though they looked better against the Ravens, looks slow and seems constantly out of position against elite teams. Seven sacks against the Bengals then the d-line disappears for five games. All the emphasis on special teams this year, and still one of the worst units in the league. And yes, what happened to that Sefaroan-Jenkins dude? And Bowles?? Talk about regressing as a coach...he seems unsure and lacks firmness.

Schedule lightens up for a while...need to see MUCH better football from these players and coaches, or the future will again look ominous.

The schedule gets easier so we get smoke and mirrors or we see the team improving going to be hard to tell but as easy as it gets it also gets tough near the end of the season.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, UpstateJetsGuru said:

That is a whole lotta bad outlined there Villain, and though Fitz has not been good, what on earth can anybody expect when the whole team collapses around him?! The Decker injury has been huge IMO, and the defense, though they looked better against the Ravens, looks slow and seems constantly out of position against elite teams. Seven sacks against the Bengals then the d-line disappears for five games. All the emphasis on special teams this year, and still one of the worst units in the league. And yes, what happened to that Sefaroan-Jenkins dude? And Bowles?? Talk about regressing as a coach...he seems unsure and lacks firmness.

Schedule lightens up for a while...need to see MUCH better football from these players and coaches, or the future will again look ominous.

I can halfway agree with this here. The defensive performance this year has been very un-jetlike. However, on offense that's mostly on Fitz. Sure, Decker is a huge blow, but as I stated earlier, this is one of the deepest WR groups I've ever seen the Jets field, the problem is not all of these guys have the same skillset as Marsh/Deck, and their skillset Fitz cannot compliment given his now extreme limitations. 

Even yesterday, I know some would say that Fitz completed 65% of his passes, the problem is that he completed his first 7 in a row, then 1 more before the end of the half, then this guy went 1-6 in the 2nd half. I mean really, what is that? Granted, he got through the 2nd half for the first time since the Bills game without throwing a pick, but 1-6??? C'mon, how do we hold 4 QB's on the roster and the "best guy" is going 1-6 in the 2nd half of a football game when he's not throwing pick after pick? 

Fitz is a massive problem. We're not going to win games when Fitz, instead of throwing INT's in the 2nd half decides to go 1-6. It's looking bad out there Guru. 

7 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I can halfway agree with this here. The defensive performance this year has been very un-jetlike. However, on offense that's mostly on Fitz. Sure, Decker is a huge blow, but as I stated earlier, this is one of the deepest WR groups I've ever seen the Jets field, the problem is not all of these guys have the same skillset as Marsh/Deck, and their skillset Fitz cannot compliment given his now extreme limitations. 

Even yesterday, I know some would say that Fitz completed 65% of his passes, the problem is that he completed his first 7 in a row, then 1 more before the end of the half, then this guy went 1-6 in the 2nd half. I mean really, what is that? Granted, he got through the 2nd half for the first time since the Bills game without throwing a pick, but 1-6??? C'mon, how do we hold 4 QB's on the roster and the "best guy" is going 1-6 in the 2nd half of a football game when he's not throwing pick after pick? 

Fitz is a massive problem. We're not going to win games when Fitz, instead of throwing INT's in the 2nd half decides to go 1-6. It's looking bad out there Guru. 

Fitz has been ok in the first halves of games, but very poor in the second half, save for the Buffalo game. He showed in that game that he has it in him and I thought that would be a big turning point and momentum builder. Then, the second half of the Chiefs game happened and he has not recovered since. He played very nervous in the second half yesterday and I think the coaches were nervous to call pass plays! NOT a good formula for success. The only hope is he can regain some confidence over the next couple of games and establish a rapport with these young, but raw, receivers. Fitz is definitely Jekyll and Hyde. When he plays tight, that is generally not good. Hopefully a pissed off Fitz will produce better results!

4 minutes ago, ylekram said:

I think my comment went just a little over your head.it was a joke. have fun in hong kong

This was the best trip to Hong Kong ever.

See, before I left Geno Smith was my starting quarterback. And now that I return he is off the team. 

Christmas in October. 

SAR I

I'm trying to look at this as a positive, like the planets are aligning for Bryce. But I'm a jet fan so I know some how some way we will see Geno again.  It certainly won't be on TV or in radio, but Miami needs a qb, a backup at least.  

I don't understand this love fest for Geno. He's certainly not an ingratiating personality. And his play on the field couldn't have possibly won over fans. But I guess that every player has his fan base. Some people just like a certain player. I never had animosity towards him. I preferred him over Sanchez. But that's about the best thing I can say about him as a player. It's not like the Jets org never gave him a fair chance to play on the field. He got 30 starts. That's a lot and a fair chance to show what he could do. This last time not his fault because he got a serious injury. I really feel sorry for the guy. As for his future, hopefully he fully recovers in time for free agency and gets a deal. He will have to compete for a backup job. If healthy he should make a team. But look at all of the injuries. He will get another chance to play. I kind of doubt that Mac will offer him a contract and it's probably better for him to go to greener (not Jets green) pastures. Marty M is still with the Ravens and only had good things to say about him. He might be able to beat out Mallett. 

4 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I don't understand this love fest for Geno. He's certainly not an ingratiating personality. And his play on the field couldn't have possibly won over fans. But I guess that every player has his fan base. Some people just like a certain player. I never had animosity towards him. I preferred him over Sanchez. But that's about the best thing I can say about him as a player. It's not like the Jets org never gave him a fair chance to play on the field. He got 30 starts. That's a lot and a fair chance to show what he could do. This last time not his fault because he got a serious injury. I really feel sorry for the guy. As for his future, hopefully he fully recovers in time for free agency and gets a deal. He will have to compete for a backup job. If healthy he should make a team. But look at all of the injuries. He will get another chance to play. I kind of doubt that Mac will offer him a contract and it's probably better for him to go to greener (not Jets green) pastures. Marty M is still with the Ravens and only had good things to say about him. He might be able to beat out Mallett. 

Is there really a "love fest" for Geno?

I think the support for Geno had more to do with being tired of watching Fitzpatrick play QB at the lowest level it's ever been played by a Jets quarterback (which is saying a lot) and wanting to see something, anything different. 

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Starting Fitz became insane. The people "rooting" for Geno were really just pointing that out. 

I have no love for Geno Smith. But I would rather see him get a shot than watch Fitz play like hot garbage. Unfortunately we don't have that opportunity now. 

9 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

I think the support for Geno had more to do with being tired of watching Fitzpatrick play QB at the lowest level it's ever been played by a Jets quarterback (which is saying a lot) and wanting to see something, anything different. 

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Starting Fitz became insane. The people "rooting" for Geno were really just pointing that out. 

I have no love for Geno Smith. But I would rather see him get a shot than watch Fitz play like hot garbage. Unfortunately we don't have that opportunity now. 

Fitz wasn't garbage last year. We had our best offense in years. Esp the previous two seasons with Geno Smith as the starting Qb. But Fitz was terrible in one game esp but his biggest problem was not being able to effectively run the offense. We weren't scoring etc even without considering the turnovers. Six of his 11 picks in 7 games were in one game. 5 picks in 6 games isn't good but not so terrible. But I'm talking about months and months of Geno fans declaring he didn't get a fair chance, etc. and he should have been the starting Qb going into the season. Even though now after the fact we can say it didn't work out with Fitz it was the right decision for Mac and the team. The wrong decision was to prolong it and not sign him until the end of July. All of that time he could have been practicing with the team. And it obviously did have an effect on the performance of the offense. Fans tend to brand a player based on something really bad. Mark was known for the butt fumble and Fitz for the six pack. But it was one game for both guys. 

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

11 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Fitz wasn't garbage last year.

Last year is meaningless. Fitz doesn't get a pass for last year. He threw 12 picks in six games.

11 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Last year is meaningless. Fitz doesn't get a pass for last year. He threw 12 picks in six games.

i'm not giving him a pass. He deserved to be benched. But it was the right decision to re-sign him because of last season.  Not every signing works. The smart thing was giving him a one year deal. Just in case something like this happened. We're stuck with him but I think he'll play a lot better. 

4 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Fitz wasn't garbage last year. We had our best offense in years. Esp the previous two seasons with Geno Smith as the starting Qb. But Fitz was terrible in one game esp but his biggest problem was not being able to effectively run the offense. We weren't scoring etc even without considering the turnovers. Six of his 11 picks in 7 games were in one game. 5 picks in 6 games isn't good but not so terrible. But I'm talking about months and months of Geno fans declaring he didn't get a fair chance, etc. and he should have been the starting Qb going into the season. Even though now after the fact we can say it didn't work out with Fitz it was the right decision for Mac and the team. The wrong decision was to prolong it and not sign him until the end of July. All of that time he could have been practicing with the team. And it obviously did have an effect on the performance of the offense. Fans tend to brand a player based on something really bad. Mark was known for the butt fumble and Fitz for the six pack. But it was one game for both guys. 

That "best offense" wasnt due to the QB change. The QB benefited from the revamping of the entire offense and development of current players such as Brian Winters. Put the rookie Winters on this team and you have a glaring hole at the guard position. Add to the fact that we also had the easiest schedule that we seen in years. Change to this season and look at the results with the more competitive competition. 

You havent been as vocal with Fitz was getting his ass handed to him. Sure, you can make excuses for the amount of Picks and how if you look at the amounts of picks in context then you can make the statement that "5 picks in 6 games isnt good but not terrible". However, what is terrible is not producing points whatsoever in the 2nd half and outputting the lowest amount of points per game in the entire league. 

This ^^^^^ is my problem with your position. You talk about months and months of "geno fans" declaring something that was "legit", however, you've been talking for that same amount of time about Fitz....and WTF has he done this season (without cherry-picking in order to not call his performance "not terrible")? Dude was the worst starting QB in the league when you put everything together. 

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

That "best offense" wasnt due to the QB change. The QB benefited from the revamping of the entire offense and development of current players such as Brian Winters. Put the rookie Winters on this team and you have a glaring hole at the guard position. Add to the fact that we also had the easiest schedule that we seen in years. Change to this season and look at the results with the more competitive competition. 

You havent been as vocal with Fitz was getting his ass handed to him. Sure, you can make excuses for the amount of Picks and how if you look at the amounts of picks in context then you can make the statement that "5 picks in 6 games isnt good but not terrible". However, what is terrible is not producing points whatsoever in the 2nd half and outputting the lowest amount of points per game in the entire league. 

This ^^^^^ is my problem with your position. You talk about months and months of "geno fans" declaring something that was "legit", however, you've been talking for that same amount of time about Fitz....and WTF has he done this season (without cherry-picking in order to not call his performance "not terrible")? Dude was the worst starting QB in the league when you put everything together. 

The issue is not just the picks, though they're obviously significant. It's the number of wide open receivers he either doesn't see or that his throws terribly miss. The team wouldn't be good if he was, but it wouldn't seem as bad. Teams have gone to the playoffs and superbowl with bad ground games and bad pass defenses.

In 2011 the Giants had the #32 rushing offense and the #29 pass defense. Also their rush defense wasn't nearly as good as ours, on paper or on the field. When the dust settled, you know what their fans called them? Champions. 

This ****ing franchise. None of us deserve this, except those posters I've banned.

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

The issue is not just the picks, though they're obviously significant. It's the number of wide open receivers he either doesn't see or that his throws terribly miss. The team wouldn't be good if he was, but it wouldn't seem as bad. Teams have gone to the playoffs and superbowl with bad ground games and bad pass defenses.

In 2011 the Giants had the #32 rushing offense and the #29 pass defense. Also their rush defense wasn't nearly as good as ours, on paper or on the field. When the dust settled, you know what their fans called them? Champions. 

This ****ing franchise. None of us deserve this, except those posters I've banned.

This. 

5 hours ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Thankfully the Jets signed Fitz in 2015 and resigned him. He has led the Jets to 12 wins in 22 games

Smith also has 12 wins in the 34 games he has been in.

No.question who the better QB is.

But it is now water under the bridge

In 2017 Bryce starts with Hack and a vet min and a DC TBD on the roster

Thank you for saying this. it is true fitz has been hot garbage this yr but last yr was solid. I doubt geno with his flaws could have done that. His flaws are well known and documented and got hi hurt this yr and threw that interception two weeks ago. If anything is to be thankful for is neither will be playing in NY for the Jets again

Archived