The NY Jets have no identity.

joewilly12

This team lacks identity in more ways than one follow along add stuff hear me out then comment. 

Jets jerseys arent all that popular neither is no particular player. 

Jets really dont have a superstar that fans from other teams would admire or enjoy watching playing the game. 

Jets players arent popular with kids no players on notebooks,posters,back packs do kids playing youth football pick a jersey # based on who wears that # from the Jets 

Jets dont have players that are top fantasy football players 

Jets stadium MetLife is no great place to visit 

Jets no longer have a team mascot we made him quit. 

We are resilient we are diehards but damn do we suffer being a fan of this team 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

This team lacks identity in more ways than one follow along add stuff hear me out then comment. 

Jets really dont have a superstar that fans from other teams would admire or enjoy watching playing the game. 

Jets players arent popular with kids no players on notebooks,posters,back packs do kids playing youth football pick a jersey # based on who wears that # from the Jets 

I dont care about any of that stuff. Just win games. Do it with no name players. I dont care. Spread the ball around so no one has great fantasy numbers. I dont care. No one likes us. I dont care. I want more people to hate us because they wish they were us while we're winning games. 

Win games and people will visit MetLife Stadium. 

For the love of god just win f***ing games

25 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

In other news, the world is round. 

SAR I

22 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Jets jerseys arent all that popular neither is no particular player.  YUP

Jets really dont have a superstar that fans from other teams would admire or enjoy watching playing the game. YUP

Jets dont have players that are top fantasy football players  BRANDON

Jets stadium MetLife is no great place to visit YUP

Jets no longer have a team mascot we made him quit. YUP

***    Jets suck that is why.  Just live with it   Endure it cause it ain't getting better soon ***

21 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

These guys must search within themselves to find answers. Then and only then will they come together individually and as a team to become the best possible versions of both themselves and the Jets.

You give these spoiled, overpaid, grossly underachieving players, who by the way could not care less about winning or us fans, way too much credit. The only thing these guys are searching for is their next Bentley & Mansion.

I agree with thread title that this jets team really has no identity, there's nothing they really do well outside of maybe stopping the run. The defense looks really good except for the linebackers and secondary, and the offensive gameplan of running a rookie level single-read spread system built around your prized free agent acquisition -- a $12M QB with an extremely limited skill set but a heart of gold, hasn't been as good as it was advertised. The jets haven't had a strong identity since 09-10 when the jets had 5 pro-bowl OL and a balanced defense featuring a prime darrelle revis. rex's gameplan was to run and play defense and that's exactly what that team was built to do

They aren't the most popular team in their own geographic area. They aren't the most popular team in their own STADIUM. There is no location that lives or dies by the Jets outside the internet and sites like this. It's a very scattered, transient fanbase.

The Browns might suck, but they OWN Cleveland. The people there care about that team. That stadium is packed full of die hards every game. 

Metlife is filled with corporate types there that got the tickets because the Giants aren't playing that day and the Knicks and Yankees are rebuilding. It's a front running crowd and the PSLs might have run off some of the lower income drunks, making the stadium more "fan friendly", but it also drove away your die hard fans that used to pass tickets down through the family. 

It's a Defense minded team in an era that favors the offense. Nationally, nobody cares. 

The Jets, aside from the era of Namath, are basically pointless as a franchise. We make a good schedule filler and foil to the Patriots/Giants/Steelers etc.... but are about as relevant today as the Mayan empire.

This is why everyone loved Rex (at first) but the Circus "identity" got old, the team imploded, Woody hired Idzik so it's the 90's again - we have survived worse and will get through this 

Last year was refreshing and it was fun to watch a competitive team play football again, they just need a few more players and some Pepper on the DC, enjoy the ride...

It's the journey :)

12 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

imagegif
There's our identity, a giant turd sandwich

13 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Losers doesn't count?

25 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

Identity is an overrated concept.

If you're talking about off the field stuff/public perception then I agree, but on the field good teams that have strong identities play their game and force their opponents to try and stop them 

13 minutes ago, cant wait said:

If you're talking about off the field stuff/public perception then I agree, but on the field good teams that have strong identities play their game and force their opponents to try and stop them 

My take on the OP was it was more about the former.  I agree on the latter being relevant.  As you imply, though, the two are NOT the same.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Go do some research see who the top jersey sales are teams and players or the top fatheads purchased cant fathom the truth but cant back up your silly argument against it. 

Go do it for me.  Who cares?  Chrebet was a favorite, did it change your life?  Did him having the top jersey sales make the Jets better?  How about when Tebow jerseys topped out?  Did it make you feel better about the team and its chances of winning? 

You want to talk about silly arguments?  That you get wrapped up in this nonsense after be a football fan for 50+ years, think it means something

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Go do it for me.  Who cares?  Chrebet was a favorite, did it change your life?  Did him having the top jersey sales make the Jets better?  How about when Tebow jerseys topped out?  Did it make you feel better about the team and its chances of winning? 

You want to talk about silly arguments?  That you get wrapped up in this nonsense after be a football fan for 50+ years, think it means something

So you agree no identity since Chrebet or Tebow?  See you get it just dont want to admit it. Identity on and off the field we have none.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So you agree no identity since Chrebet or Tebow?  See you get it just dont want to admit it. Identity on and off the field we have none.

Rex gave us an identity, first time since BP and first time since Namath before that.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Where did I say that?  Convenient of you to leave off the part where I asked how it helped win games? 

Archived