The NY Jets have no identity.

joewilly12

On 10/12/2016 at 7:58 PM, joewilly12 said:

This team lacks identity in more ways than one follow along add stuff hear me out then comment. 

Jets jerseys arent all that popular neither is no particular player. 

Jets really dont have a superstar that fans from other teams would admire or enjoy watching playing the game. 

Jets players arent popular with kids no players on notebooks,posters,back packs do kids playing youth football pick a jersey # based on who wears that # from the Jets 

Jets dont have players that are top fantasy football players 

Jets stadium MetLife is no great place to visit 

Jets no longer have a team mascot we made him quit. 

We are resilient we are diehards but damn do we suffer being a fan of this team 

Your wrong. The Jets do have an identity. They are the Dog-Ass Jets. Still waiting for the sun to shine on them.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 8:07 PM, SenorGato said:

These guys must search within themselves to find answers. Then and only then will they come together individually and as a team to become the best possible versions of both themselves and the Jets.

And they need to use the force too.

On 10/12/2016 at 8:09 PM, JoeC36 said:

I dont care about any of that stuff. Just win games. Do it with no name players. I dont care. Spread the ball around so no one has great fantasy numbers. I dont care. No one likes us. I dont care. I want more people to hate us because they wish they were us while we're winning games. 

Win games and people will visit MetLife Stadium. 

For the love of god just win f***ing games

I have no idea what you're trying to tell me.

They are the Dog-Ass-Jets. Until they stop chasing their tales, licking their balls,sniffing each others asses and(insert any other dog behavior reference here) just being all around stupid that is what they will be. Maybe the change is coming, maybe it isn't. Its all part of being a Jet Fan. That is the identity. Deal with it.

34 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

They are the Dog-Ass-Jets. Until they stop chasing their tales, licking their balls,sniffing each others asses and(insert any other dog behavior reference here) just being all around stupid that is what they will be. Maybe the change is coming, maybe it isn't. Its all part of being a Jet Fan. That is the identity. Deal with it.

I don't know if you're paying attention, but things have changed with the Jets.  While the Jets search for the elusive Franchise QB and Edge Rusher Supreme, they're quietly building depth and a young football team .  With the release of Fitzpatrick, Mangold, Folk, Gio and Henderson, the Jets now probably have 10 players of importance over the age of 30 and some of them are shaking in their boots this morning .

B.Marshall

E Decker

M Forte

D Revis

D Harris

S McLendon

1 hour ago, Tinstar said:

I don't know if you're paying attention, but things have changed with the Jets.  While the Jets search for the elusive Franchise QB and Edge Rusher Supreme, they're quietly building depth and a young football team .  With the release of Fitzpatrick, Mangold, Folk, Gio and Henderson, the Jets now probably have 10 players of importance over the age of 30 and some of them are shaking in their boots this morning .

B.Marshall

E Decker

M Forte

D Revis

D Harris

S McLendon

I am paying attention. Now release all that dead weight and maybe I will start to believe your claims. If they do that and then do not sign overpriced vets and build with young guys and allow them to grow together and start to build a solid foundation then and only then will I think differently.

1 minute ago, JetFaninMI said:

I am paying attention. Now release all that dead weight and maybe I will start to believe your claims. If they do that and then do not sign overpriced vets and build with young guys and allow them to grow together and start to build a solid foundation then and only then will I think differently.

Maybe you should wait until the start of free agency and see what transpires .  If the Jets can sign a CB, they would be a Legit reason to cut Revis .  If they land a   Minter, they can easily release Harris  . One of Marshall or Decker need to be kept, but Decker's health is clearly an issue presently .  What's going on right now is what's obvious . There's an In house replacement for Mangold and Clady and Folk and Gio. There's no body with the experience of Harris on the roster or who can  help the young receivers reach where they talent can take them or to replace the leadership of Revis .

That is why I believe the Jets will sign a player in free agency at CB and ILB and maybe along the OL .

4 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Maybe you should wait until the start of free agency and see what transpires .  If the Jets can sign a CB, they would be a Legit reason to cut Revis .  If they land a   Minter, they can easily release Harris  . One of Marshall or Decker need to be kept, but Decker's health is clearly an issue presently .  What's going on right now is what's obvious . There's an In house replacement for Mangold and Clady and Folk and Gio. There's no body with the experience of Harris on the roster or who can  help the young receivers reach where they talent can take them or to replace the leadership of Revis .

That is why I believe the Jets will sign a player in free agency at CB and ILB and maybe along the OL .

Based on Mac's track record in FA so far? Come on. The quick fix will not work. They need to make some hard decisions and build through the draft. By all means sign some guys but sign guys with something left in the tank. Don't sign guys based on past performance and throw money at the problem. That formula has not worked in the past and will not work in the future.

1 hour ago, Tinstar said:

B.Marshall

E Decker

M Forte

D Revis

D Harris

S McLendon

Bye-bye to all.  Thanks for your service.  Please help yourself to a team windbreaker and a gift bag of Johnson & Johnson personal care products.

3 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Based on Mac's track record in FA so far? Come on. The quick fix will not work. They need to make some hard decisions and build through the draft. By all means sign some guys but sign guys with something left in the tank. Don't sign guys based on past performance and throw money at the problem. That formula has not worked in the past and will not work in the future.

I think Minter is 26 and played for Bowles which give him insight into the scheme and Johnson is 25 and played under the secondary coach and knows what is expected  from his coach . 

2 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

I think Minter is 26 and played for Bowles which give him insight into the scheme and Johnson is 25 and played under the secondary coach and knows what is expected  from his coach . 

That's all well and good but do you really think Bowles is the guy to go forward with? Bringing "his guys" in will only prolong the agony. What if they sign those guys and Bowles is fired? Then we are back on the crap carousel once again. Stuck with no cap space and overpriced underachievers saddling a new HC with guys he doesn't want.

https://theringer.com/the-four-rules-of-nfl-free-agency-896742242e29#.a7hix2lbc

Rule No. 4: Scout Inside Out, Not Outside In

This phrase comes from the legendary Bill Walsh, and right now, it’s one of the biggest reasons the Patriots compete for Super Bowls every year. The Patriots are terrific at understanding which players fit best in their system — it’s why they keep unearthing a never-ending supply of Chris Hogans, Alan Branches, and Kyle Van Noys. They scout inside out. So many other franchises fail because they keep changing their schemes (and when they do, many of their players might not fit in the new one), or because they don’t understand their own scheme well enough to find and develop the right players for it. They scout outside in.

There’s no better example than Tavon Austin and the Rams. Did you know he’s their highest-paid player? He’s on the books for $15 million this season! That seems a little high for someone who scored 12 offensive touchdowns in four seasons; last year, he averaged 8.8 yards a catch, which would be fine if he was their backup tight end. I keep hearing that the Rams believe new coach Sean McVay will figure out, finally, how to unleash Austin’s talents in the right offense. That’s the Rams front office scouting outside in — they see the playmaking talent, only no consistently productive scheme can highlight that talent. Like Percy Harvin before him, Austin is an expensive accessory — like wearing a Rolex for show even though you can keep track of time on your phone. He can carry a play, not an offense.

Teams that succeed in free agency know exactly what their scheme requires at every position, then find players to fit those requirements. The Giants did it with defensive tackle Damon Harrison. 

2 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

That's all well and good but do you really think Bowles is the guy to go forward with? Bringing "his guys" in will only prolong the agony. What if they sign those guys and Bowles is fired? Then we are back on the crap carousel once again. Stuck with no cap space and overpriced underachievers saddling a new HC with guys he doesn't want.

Since I have no insight into the thought process of Woddy Johnson or Mike Maccagnan, I can't worry about what will be, and can only deal with what is. Bowles is the HC of the Jets for the coming season and me being a fan, want only to see my jets do as well as possible as soon as possible. To that end, I provide this coaching staff with the best possible options so they have the best chance to succeed .  In my opinion, that is the job of a GM, to provide the HC with the best possible talent that would allow said HC to succeed .

26 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

This phrase comes from the legendary Bill Walsh, and right now, it’s one of the biggest reasons the Patriots compete for Super Bowls every year. The Patriots are terrific at understanding which players fit best in their system — it’s why they keep unearthing a never-ending supply of Chris Hogans, Alan Branches, and Kyle Van Noys. They scout inside out. So many other franchises fail because they keep changing their schemes (and when they do, many of their players might not fit in the new one), or because they don’t understand their own scheme well enough to find and develop the right players for it. They scout outside in.

There’s no better example than Tavon Austin and the Rams. Did you know he’s their highest-paid player? He’s on the books for $15 million this season! That seems a little high for someone who scored 12 offensive touchdowns in four seasons; last year, he averaged 8.8 yards a catch, which would be fine if he was their backup tight end. I keep hearing that the Rams believe new coach Sean McVay will figure out, finally, how to unleash Austin’s talents in the right offense. That’s the Rams front office scouting outside in — they see the playmaking talent, only no consistently productive scheme can highlight that talent. Like Percy Harvin before him, Austin is an expensive accessory — like wearing a Rolex for show even though you can keep track of time on your phone. He can carry a play, not an offense.

Teams that succeed in free agency know exactly what their scheme requires at every position, then find players to fit those requirements. The Giants did it with defensive tackle Damon Harrison. 

It's a shame that I can only have 1 opportunity to like this post .

4 hours ago, Tinstar said:

I agree.

4 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

I agree wholeheartedly with this post. The problem is that Bowles appears clueless and has lost the players on his team. If the players don't believe in the scheme or the HC doesn't stick with or have faith in said scheme then what good is it? Unless they revamp the scheme or change the majority of the personnel then we will have the same chicken with its head cut off look on the field of play. How many times were guys wide open or big plays made with players out of position on defense last season? Sure some of those were player mistakes and some could be blamed on injuries but if the replacements were clueless it is the job of the coach and coaching staff to prepare those players. Maybe with the changes in the staff things might be different but preparation and coaching staff selection falls squarely at the foot of the man in charge. I'm thinking that unless progress is made Bowles might be looking for a job after this season. Mac is probably safe but Bowles has to prove he can adjust his scheme based on game situations. That was a major problem with this defense last year.

1 hour ago, JetFaninMI said:

I agree.

I agree wholeheartedly with this post. The problem is that Bowles appears clueless and has lost the players on his team. If the players don't believe in the scheme or the HC doesn't stick with or have faith in said scheme then what good is it? Unless they revamp the scheme or change the majority of the personnel then we will have the same chicken with its head cut off look on the field of play. How many times were guys wide open or big plays made with players out of position on defense last season? Sure some of those were player mistakes and some could be blamed on injuries but if the replacements were clueless it is the job of the coach and coaching staff to prepare those players. Maybe with the changes in the staff things might be different but preparation and coaching staff selection falls squarely at the foot of the man in charge. I'm thinking that unless progress is made Bowles might be looking for a job after this season. Mac is probably safe but Bowles has to prove he can adjust his scheme based on game situations. That was a major problem with this defense last year.

don't be so quick to count bowles out. imo there were a lot of internal team problems that just went above his capacity to control them.  as a matter of opinion i think the bellichicken would've had his hands full with the players on last season's team.  they got fractured and one of the main reasons was because fitz re-signed too late.  he needed to be there from day 1 of the training camps and instead held out and let geno take over.  then when he came back they had two factions and they just didn't learn how to play together.

bowles learned under some pretty decent coaches and he at least deserves a chance to get this team playing right.  that may not mean a playoff berth.  what it does mean is 60 minutes sound football each and every game.  start there and see what happens.

Just now, rangerous said:

don't be so quick to count bowles out. imo there were a lot of internal team problems that just went above his capacity to control them.  as a matter of opinion i think the bellichicken would've had his hands full with the players on last season's team.  they got fractured and one of the main reasons was because fitz re-signed too late.  he needed to be there from day 1 of the training camps and instead held out and let geno take over.  then when he came back they had two factions and they just didn't learn how to play together.

bowles learned under some pretty decent coaches and he at least deserves a chance to get this team playing right.  that may not mean a playoff berth.  what it does mean is 60 minutes sound football each and every game.  start there and see what happens.

LOL you should change your user name to chuckles because you make me laugh LOL 

26 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

LOL you should change your user name to chuckles because you make me laugh LOL 

so i guess you just want to see a revolving door?  i guess you must know some sure fire can't miss coaches out there.  must be hard to be as brilliant as you are.

23 minutes ago, rangerous said:

so i guess you just want to see a revolving door?  i guess you must know some sure fire can't miss coaches out there.  must be hard to be as brilliant as you are.

So far Todd Bowles has shown us NOTHING 

In 2015 the Jets benefitted from the easiest schedule in the NFL in 2016 when they actually had to play the real teams in the NFL they failed miserably,Bowles failed miserably on and off the field. 

10 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

So far Todd Bowles has shown us NOTHING 

In 2015 the Jets benefitted from the easiest schedule in the NFL in 2016 when they actually had to play the real teams in the NFL they failed miserably,Bowles failed miserably on and off the field. 

uh-huh. whatever you say.  i guess the players had nothing to do with nor did the fued between richardson and marshall or mr "coulda been a contenda" geno.

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

uh-huh. whatever you say.  i guess the players had nothing to do with nor did the fued between richardson and marshall or mr "coulda been a contenda" geno.

He lost the players. A strong HC doesn't allow a feud to consume the team. He nips that sh*t in the bud and manages players egos so there is no problem that divides the team. Being utterly clueless as Bowles is allows problems to fester and grow. The team takes its cue from the man in charge. If the man in charge is clueless then so is the team. Just look at the play of the defense which is supposedly Bowles strong point. The inmates were running the asylum last year. Utterly clueless.

On 10/12/2016 at 7:58 PM, joewilly12 said:

This team lacks identity in more ways than one follow along add stuff hear me out then comment. 

Jets jerseys arent all that popular neither is no particular player. 

Jets really dont have a superstar that fans from other teams would admire or enjoy watching playing the game. 

Jets players arent popular with kids no players on notebooks,posters,back packs do kids playing youth football pick a jersey # based on who wears that # from the Jets 

Jets dont have players that are top fantasy football players 

Jets stadium MetLife is no great place to visit 

Jets no longer have a team mascot we made him quit. 

We are resilient we are diehards but damn do we suffer being a fan of this team 

Not that I agree with this, but this may contribute to us drafting Fournette.  He can be the new focus of the offense and new face of the franchise.   Don't think any other player in this draft can fill that role like he can.   If you think about Minnesota, once they drafted Adrian Peterson, he was their identity, not that it won them a superbowl, but it did put fannies in the seat and gave people something to be excited about.

2 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

He lost the players. A strong HC doesn't allow a feud to consume the team. He nips that sh*t in the bud and manages players egos so there is no problem that divides the team. Being utterly clueless as Bowles is allows problems to fester and grow. The team takes its cue from the man in charge. If the man in charge is clueless then so is the team. Just look at the play of the defense which is supposedly Bowles strong point. The inmates were running the asylum last year. Utterly clueless.

okay, i agree the head coach needs to deal with these things but that also doesn't mean that bowles is or will stay clueless as many people say.  this is his third season.  i don't see him as being another kotite or winner or holtz.  he'll learn and be much better.  the great parcells had a 3-13 season with the giants.  the great bellichicken was 5-11 with the patsies.  look at how the bungles went from being contenders to a sub 500 season.  how about the panthers?  it happens.

1 hour ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Not that I agree with this, but this may contribute to us drafting Fournette.  He can be the new focus of the offense and new face of the franchise.   Don't think any other player in this draft can fill that role like he can.   If you think about Minnesota, once they drafted Adrian Peterson, he was their identity, not that it won them a superbowl, but it did put fannies in the seat and gave people something to be excited about.

Since we're doing the comparing game, something I would not rather do, Fournette is compared to AP who has given the Vikes an identity and no title . Some are comparing Cook to Marshal Faulk who was the cog behind the Greatest Show On Turf  on they way to a championship . Me Personally, I want my team to be led by the QB. If that happens, that player can galvanize the offense and defense because of his play on the field, it has the ability to bring a whole team together .

The Steelers are led by Big Ben

The Pats by he whose name I will not utter .

The Pack By Rodgers

The Raiders by Carr

The Giants By Eli

The Jets need a Franchise QB, not a franchise RB or S or any other player.

Just now, Tinstar said:

Since we're doing the comparing game, something I would not rather do, Fournette is compared to AP who has given the Vikes an identity and no title . Some are comparing Cook to Marshal Faulk who was the cog behind the Greatest Show On Turf  on they way to a championship . Me Personally, I want my team to be led by the QB. If that happens, that player can galvanize the offense and defense because of his play on the field, it has the ability to bring a whole team together .

The Steelers are led by Big Ben

The Pats by he whose name I will not utter .

The Pack By Rodgers

The Raiders by Carr

The Giants By Eli

The Jets need a Franchise QB, not a franchise RB or S or any other player.

not just this, the jets don't develop any offensive skill players who are known outside new york.  that's why they keep bringing in veteran rbs/wrs/qbs, they keep drafting defense and have defensive coaches who either don't care about offense or don't know anything about it, or both.  it's been nearly 30 years of offensive cultural fail.

21 hours ago, Tinstar said:

+1 it's a great point.

Trouble is, everyone wants consistency, but you only get that kind of consistency when you're head coach is a Bellichek, or a similar top-level & wins kinda guy.

More, it takes an entire oganization dedicated to that Head Coaches vision to build what he wants.  As we all know, many GM's and Head Coaches don't share that vision.

Example:  Would you want Tannenbaum (GM) and Rex Ryan (HC) to be retained for 10 years to have "Consistency"?

Scouting for the system only works after you HAVE a system you believe in.

We don't, and haven't.

20 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You hiding one in your coat?

If not, who is this Franchise QB we can acquire?

I think that, given (1) how uninspiring this year's QB class is, (2) how young / lacking talent / not ready to compete the Jets roster is, and (3) how the GM kind of just stuck his neck out drafting a 2nd round QB, the most logical course of action is to start Petty or Hackenberg in 2017. When they inevitably fail due to #2 above, our difficult schedule, and said QBs' overall ineptitude, we can totally sell out on a QB in the first round of the 2018 draft, which all the nerds are saying is potentially loaded. Whether it's Maccagnan that's around to make that pick or not, is anyone's guess.

Archived