2016-17 New York Rangers thread

shawn306

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well rangers bounce back still every team has games in hand on them really could be in 4th position in the division Columbus is just insane what they have done but every hockey fan knows it all means nothing come April

Big game with Columbus coming up.  That streak was ridiculous.  They didn't lose in December.  Still, even with that streak the Rangers and Pens are right behind them (even with Rangers playing more games).  I think the division is still between the Pens and Rangers.

Really nice job tonight. Rangers are emerging from a mid-season case of the blahs and a win like this will really give them a boost.

Early goals are still a concern and of course getting back healthy again but I think this is really setting up nicely for the rest of the season.

I suspect that John Tortorella is burning out yet another team by running them on overdrive in order to win a mostly meaningless regular season. Someone should tell Columbus that he did that here with us and that when the playoffs rolled around and every other team stepped it up a gear that we had no higher gear to go to.

On 1/7/2017 at 9:48 PM, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

WOW WOW WOW

Rangers down 2 0 early

4 2 end of 2

WOW WOW WOW

And a great 3 goal comeback with Grabner breakaway scoring the gamewinner with 16 seconds in regulation

WOW WOW WOW

Great win!!!!!!

Easily their best win of the year and a great way to go into their break.

Love this team.

I don't know what the hell is going on but since the Columbus game the Rangers D has gone completely in the tank and Lundqvist might be in the worst slump of his career. I mean seriously a 7-6 loss to the Stars last night, 3 goals in under 60 seconds against Montreal on Saturday. Just awful.

Great to see the Iranian kid back (2 goals after breaking his leg!) but the Rangers have a serious Hank issue.  They talked about poor D in postgame, but that is really a cover.  A professional goalie should give up 7 goals in 2 periods even with crappy D in front of him.

8 hours ago, SMC said:

Great to see the Iranian kid back (2 goals after breaking his leg!) but the Rangers have a serious Hank issue.  They talked about poor D in postgame, but that is really a cover.  A professional goalie should give up 7 goals in 2 periods even with crappy D in front of him.

It was bad. 

But some of the D help was as bad. Clendening's head was way up his ass and he should've gotten assists on two of Dallas' goals for lack of presence. 

I haven't been checking in on this thread as much as I should be, but I've been keeping tabs on the team as always. The second half is going to be huge, but I'm happy the team has stayed in striking distance. It's given me something to focus on besides the Jets. 

We are 31-17-1; the Caps are atop the East at 33-10-6. We're in a good spot, but the division is crazy good again this year. And who saw the Jackets coming? They've been great. 

Anybody watch the All-Star Game? I had it on so I could check out McDonagh (and because there was nothing else on). McDonagh made a sweet (and very timely) block off his skate. 

Also of note, the group that was supposed to sing the US national anthem (Fifth Harmony) before the game dropped out at the last second (one of their members got sick), so they called a girl from the Kings' ice crew to fill in with like 15 minutes notice. She went out there and slayed it. I thought she was a pro. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Good game yesterday; I'm glad I got to see it--even though Detroit kind of sucks ass. Raanta looked good though, so I'm not terribly concerned about Henry being out just yet. What will be interesting is to see how the team plays over the next several games. Tonight marks the start of four straight back-to-backs. 

• 4 weeks later...

Seems like the Caps spent the entire game tonight in the Rangers' zone. NY just looked really flat and couldn't get an separation for quality shots. That said, I don't think they were trying too hard with the postseason looming. 

Oh, well. It's playoff time. Looks like we're going to get the Canadiens, which is probably the most promising matchup the Rangers could have gotten. They're just not ready to hang with the top teams in the Metro right now. 

I don't see it as a promising match up at all. The Rangers are 0-3 this year against them.

The Bell Centre has generally been a house of horrors for Lundqvist even on his best day. What we are seeing now is not the best Lundqvist.

I hate to say this but I think this team is one and done again this year. They are not winning at home. There is no grit on this team. no grinders, and nobody (other than maybe Klein an Glass) that will stand up to a bigger more physical team and their best player (Lundqvist) is not even close IMHO to being the Lundqvist that we have seen in the past.

I honestly hope I am wrong. I just don't this team making a run this year.

Hard to see how they get past a bigger physical Habs team with Lundqvist not near his best. Don't like how this team plays at all. Offense shuts down for long stretches,; if their breakout doesn't create a shot, sooner rather than later they get pushed to the side or lose the puck. Playoffs is always a more grind it out game, and AV's teams  don't do that. 

19 hours ago, faba said:

Not a good first round matchup for Rangers-Lundquist needs to get his game up rediscovered

I agree on Hank, but all things considering, I think this is the best first round matchup for the Rangers.

I didn't want them anywhere near the Penguins or Columbus with this stupid new playoff format.  Yes, the Rangers got swept in season series but Montreal is always suspect in the playoffs and I'd rather the Rangers face them than have to play high scoring games to compete with the other Metro division playoff teams.

What a limp effort by the Rangers at home. Too many turnovers, no power play goals (again) and our speed has been negated by half-assed puck play. Lundqvist can only do so much before the responsibility is on the front three to quit sloppydicking around and take control of the game. 

That lost lead in Game 2 is already biting us in the ass. F*cking Eastern Conference. 

That game was an absolute disgrace from puck drop to final horn.

Cooper came up with the blueprint for shutting this team down at home back in the 2015 ECF and AV has never adjusted to it and TWO F'ing years later !!!!!

When your best players through 3 games is basically your 4th line, Girardi and Lunqvist something is very wrong.

Did Price even have to break a sweat last night ?

They have to start getting some traffic in front of Price (That is if they get even get into the Montreal zone without turning the damn puck over) and start hammering away.

Kreider, Stepan, Miller, don't even get me started on Zibana-whatever. Hayes, I mean c'mon guys show a little heart out there. Hit somebody please ?

As well as they played in game 1 and parts of game 2 they have totally fallen off the cliff.

Archived