2016-17 New York Rangers thread

shawn306

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, shawn306 said:

Thankfully we have the Rangers to help us forget about the Jets.

Another nice win coming back from 2-0 in Pittsburgh to beat the Champs.

Need to reinforce up the result with a win on Wednesday night

2 hours ago, EM31 said:

Need to reinforce up the result with a win on Wednesday night

I would love to see it.

The superlatives thrown at the Rangers so far has been mind boggling. Never would have thought they would have gotten off to this kind of a start. Gotta give Groton credit bringing in a guy like Grabner on the cheap, Dealing a fan favorite for Zibanejad, signing Veasy, Kevin Hayes coming in 20 pounds lighter. Great job all around so far.

With the Jets being so bad and the Knicks being the Knicks there isn't much for me to look forward to till pitchers and catchers. As long as I have the Rangers though I'll survive. 

2 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

I would love to see it.

The superlatives thrown at the Rangers so far has been mind boggling. Never would have thought they would have gotten off to this kind of a start. Gotta give Groton credit bringing in a guy like Grabner on the cheap, Dealing a fan favorite for Zibanejad, signing Veasy, Kevin Hayes coming in 20 pounds lighter. Great job all around so far.

With the Jets being so bad and the Knicks being the Knicks there isn't much for me to look forward to till pitchers and catchers. As long as I have the Rangers though I'll survive. 

Agree on all of those guys but lost in the sexy offensive explosion of speed has been the across the board improvement at the Blue line.  Holden and Skjei especially have been WAY better than I expected.  Holden is much more than just blue line depth and Skjei has come so far so fast I am expecting him to come down to earth a bit.   Even Dan Giradi and Mark Staal have been better (except on Monday during the first period where both wet the bed more than once).  Old man Klein just keeps rolling along.  In short the blue line is a source of strength this year which is a massive change from last year.

If only we had the Hank of five years ago.

Agree on all of those guys but lost in the sexy offensive explosion of speed has been the across the board improvement at the Blue line.  Holden and Skjei especially have been WAY better than I expected.  Holden is much more than just blue line depth and Skjei has come so far so fast I am expecting him to come down to earth a bit.   Even Dan Giradi and Mark Staal have been better (except on Monday during the first period where both wet the bed more than once).  Old man Klein just keeps rolling along.  In short the blue line is a source of strength this year which is a massive change from last year.
If only we had the Hank of five years ago.

Rangers from October to May or later. Mets from April to October.

No need to even have to watch the incompetent officials ruin NFL games anymore.

And next year I start the season ahead 1700 bucks and no longer saddled with a Bernie Madoff quality INVESTMENT GOLD psl

12 hours ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Rangers from October to May or later. Mets from April to October or later.

No need to even have to watch the incompetent officials ruin NFL games anymore.

And next year I start the season ahead 1700 bucks and no longer saddled with a Bernie Madoff quality INVESTMENT GOLD psl

Perfect. Btw, fify :)

And Nash scores A POWER PLAY GOAL!!

• 3 weeks later...

Last night was a real eye-opener for me.  It proves AV has the power within the organization to do something that I did not think he had the power to do. I.e. Sit down Hank and go with the hot hand.

This gives me hope that we will have options at the end of the year if Hank does not pick up his game.

I know they were missing guys too and there is no bigger name than Jonathan Toews but the Rangers winning back to back games on the road with the injuries they currently have is a really good sign.

Plus, I don't think we have seen anything yet this year from Zuc or Stepan so there is upside there as well.

3 hours ago, faba said:

The division is really competitive this year 5 teams bunched up you could go from 1 to 5th with a couple of losses Rangers also played more games so far than anyone

What the heck is with the Bluejackets and having played FIVE fewer games than the Rangers.... Strange

Archived