2016-17 New York Rangers thread

shawn306

3 hours ago, shawn306 said:

I think it has been a bit of both.

Lundqvist has not been the Lundqvist that we saw against Montreal.but three times now in the playoffs the Rangers have given up the game tying goal with the goalie pulled and they have lost all three games. So to me something is not getting through to the players in how to defend that and it seem like each time is has happened Staal and Holden have been on the ice.

Being down 3-2 doesn't really bother me though. They were down 3-2 against Ottawa in 2012 came back, 3-2 to the Caps in 2013 and came back. 3-1 to the Penguins; came back in 2014, 3-1 to the Caps in 2015 and came back. So this is not uncharted territory for the Rangers. I expect them to win tonight.

Now Thursday.....that is a different story. They have had the Senators dead to right in game 2 and game 5 and let them off the mat and basically steal those games. There is no room for error now. EVERYONE needs to step up.

As far as Pittsburgh and Washington go. I hope they go about 4 or 5 OT's tommorow night and beat each other to death. :) 

Pittsburgh made a big mistake letting the Caps off the mat.

I agree on all accounts.  I wouldn't be at all surprised if Rangers win in 7.  But Hank MUST be better.  At the end of the day he's still given up 11 goals in 2 games and that can't happen if the team wants to win.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, SMC said:

I agree on all accounts.  I wouldn't be at all surprised if Rangers win in 7.  But Hank MUST be better.  At the end of the day he's still given up 11 goals in 2 games and that can't happen if the team wants to win.

Not looking good right now

1 hour ago, shawn306 said:

Not looking good right now

This should all fall on Hank IMO.  He's a HOF goalie, no question, but he's not a championship one.  He's been awful in 3 games this series, including the series losing game.  Giving up 2 goals in the 1st on 6 shots?  Inexcusable.  The Rangers were better than Ottawa, except at goalie and it killed them.

This was the worst season of Hank's career and he's getting older.  Rangers need to seriously consider making a goalie move next year.

3 minutes ago, Bombdirt said:

I'm going to be long since dead before any of my Goddamn teams win a championship. Good Lord what a letdown. 

Hank finally got old.  At least we fans have a longer shelf-life than the players.

9 hours ago, SMC said:

This should all fall on Hank IMO.  He's a HOF goalie, no question, but he's not a championship one.  He's been awful in 3 games this series, including the series losing game.  Giving up 2 goals in the 1st on 6 shots?  Inexcusable.  The Rangers were better than Ottawa, except at goalie and it killed them.

This was the worst season of Hank's career and he's getting older.  Rangers need to seriously consider making a goalie move next year.

I won't argue it. Hank was not the Lundqvist that we know and love but there is virtually no chance the Rangers will ever move him.

This group (Lundqvist, Staal, Girardi, Stepan) will most likely join the great Rangers teams of the early 70's as being a really really good team that just couldn't get over the hump. I can see all of them getting moved (except Lundqvist) next year, along with Nash, and Kevin Klein.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the expansion draft. I expect Raanta will be be selected , possibly even Fast.

Krieder to me is going to the most interesting. Last night was Kreider's career in a nutshell. He played in a fog for most of the post season but in the 3rd period last night he looked like the best player in the NHL. I don't know if the Rangers should trade him or try and find a center that can get the best out of him.

I don't think they would have beaten the Caps or the Pens in the next series but man this is probably the worst playoff series loss that I can remember in a really really long time. 

Well I don't feel so bad now after watching Washington lose AGAIN in the second round.

Talk about torturing a fanbase. The Caps will NEVER get out of the second round.

Gonna root for Nashville now. Their fanbase cracks me up with all their chants.

Well Washington proved once again to have the best record in the league means nothing in hockey especially them-hah

Really sad because we should have won this series reminds me of LA series where we lost in excruiting games and fashion. Henri is not the  same playoff time t=you can not give up 5 or 6 goals even though he can not take all the blame. Nash would be hard to move for salary reasons

Hank is done.  He has been done for at least the last year and a half.  The Montreal series was a tease. 

With all of that said I was most annoyed by Chris Kreider who spent the first 11 2/3 games of the playoffs being totally and completely invisible and the last period playing like a world-beater "man among boys".  I thought he was a injured now I just think he has no motor.

Archived