Palmer came out publicly in support of Fitzpatrick during his protracted contract stalemate with the Jets,essentially telling team management to pay the man what he wants. The Jets paid him $12 million for one year, expecting a playoff run. With the team 1-4, no one is talking playoffs.

"I know Ryan as well as anybody does, and we do not want to let him get going," said Palmer, who will return after missing one game with a concussion. "He can rip off a bunch of touchdown passes and take off and run for first downs and get completions and throw the ball from a bunch of different angles accurately. He can fire the ball in on back-shoulder throws.

"He’s been such a great player and, unfortunately, he’s had a couple bumps in the road early in the year like I have. But he and I have the same kind of mindset. You know you’re going to bounce back, it just depends on if it’s this week or next week. We don’t want him to bounce back against us because, if he does, our secondary is in for a long day."

>        http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/63926/struggling-jets-qb-ryan-fitzpatrick-has-friend-supporter-in-carson-palmer