4 straight ws for Rex

kevinc855

29 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

The Bills have won 4 games . They have beaten The Cardinals The Niners The Rams The Patriots . They have lost to the Jets and the ravens. Am I wrong or do all these teams the bills beat still have to play our Jets ?

Your observations are correct.

The Jets are the victims of bad scheduling, we knew this going in, once we get out of Arizona with a hard-fought loss we'll be set for our 6-1 run against lesser competition.  Where the sequencing hurts us is that the losses build up, confidence gets lost, and games we might have won we lose because of the mind games and media pressure.  Our schedule is unfair at the beginning (4 of 6 on the road, 5 playoff teams) and at the end (3 consecutive 8:00 starts) and it's the one thing I'm upset at Woody Johnson about, he never should have accepted this. 

SAR I

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Your observations are correct.

The Jets are the victims of bad scheduling, we knew this going in, once we get out of Arizona with a hard-fought loss we'll be set for our 6-1 run against lesser competition.  Where the sequencing hurts us is that the losses build up, confidence gets lost, and games we might have won we lose because of the mind games and media pressure.  Our schedule is unfair at the beginning (4 of 6 on the road, 5 playoff teams) and at the end (3 consecutive 8:00 starts) and it's the one thing I'm upset at Woody Johnson about, he never should have accepted this. 

SAR I

I dont see where we are winning 6 games.  We will lose Monday, Ravens will beat us on a short week.  Hugh Jackson has Clev playing tough, competetive football.  The Rams are tough and then the Fins on the road.  Honestly, I dont know when we are winning again.

7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I dont see where we are winning 6 games.  We will lose Monday, Ravens will beat us on a short week.  Hugh Jackson has Clev playing tough, competetive football.  The Rams are tough and then the Fins on the road.  Honestly, I dont know when we are winning again.

With any luck, we need to finally suck enough to draft a real game changer.

32 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Well despite the scolding of "better" fans, we're better off losing a dozen or more than merely 8-10 games. This idea that the W/L record results from one season influence the next is a myth. All that follows is that more losses leading to better draft picks and more prominently exposes some otherwise-hidden deficiencies.

Yep, lose out for draft picks!  That's the smart fan/good fan idea!  Surely the guy who built the loser we're watching will change everything with a slightly higher draft pick!

I hear if we do it four years ina  row, we get a bonus pick and a franchise QB to be named later.

Gota love fans who root against their own teams.  Ffs Sperm, seriously.

1 hour ago, Jetdawgg said:

The signing of Fitz for 12MM sent our power running game packing (Ivory) to go along with our non functional QB. Killed the season. Now we have to use young QB's with no running game....Who does that?

That's not even remotely true and you'll find very little support on this board or anywhere else as to signing Chris Ivory to a 32 million dollar contract. Which he signed way in advance of the Fitz deal. You know what deals are prohibiting the Jets from signing players and it certainly isn't the 7 million they're paying Fitz this season. Do you really think Ivory was worth the money he got? Most here considered Forte an upgrade and he was cheaper. It's laughable to look back now and say that Chris Ivory (who has barely played or made an impact in Jacksonville) is the missing piece. It's borderline ridiculous. 

11 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

That's the spirit! 

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

That's not even remotely true and you'll find very little support on this board or anywhere else as to signing Chris Ivory to a 32 million dollar contract. Which he signed way in advance of the Fitz deal. You know what deals are prohibiting the Jets from signing players and it certainly isn't the 7 million they're paying Fitz this season. Do you really think Ivory was worth the money he got? Most here considered Forte an upgrade and he was cheaper. It's laughable to look back now and say that Chris Ivory (who has barely played or made an impact in Jacksonville) is the missing piece. It's borderline ridiculous. 

BTW, Jacksonville is underachieving massively 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Yep, lose out for draft picks!  That's the smart fan/good fan idea!  Surely the guy who built the loser we're watching will change everything with a slightly higher draft pick!

I hear if we do it four years ina  row, we get a bonus pick and a franchise QB to be named later.

Gota love fans who root against their own teams.  Ffs Sperm, seriously.

Get over yourself. The team is not better off finishing with 7 wins which will merely help this HC and GM buy another year or two.

Besides, there's a difference between rooting for losses and acknowledging the team is better off in the long run with a 3-4 win season than a 7-8 win season.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

What if Petty leads us to those 6-7 wins?

Irrelevant.

In a lost season such as this, all that matters is his individual performance. If we win 6-7 games but he plays just meh then what good does it do us? We still are on the outside of the playoffs looking in, and he hasn't played well enough to make a major push for a better QB in the offseason. 

1 minute ago, BurnleyJet said:

Then we have a real QB, and I will be happy.

Not necessarily. We won 10 games last year and didn't have a real QB.

He didn't ask what if we win 6-7 games because of Bryce Petty; only if we won 6-7 games with Petty in as QB. If we won 6-7 games because of Petty, that would be great. 

13 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I doubt if Ivory is getting $32MM. All I am saying is that we have no power running game now that he is gone. That $12MM could have signed Ivory (maybe) or another RB. Without him we are definetly weaker at RB. With him and Forte/Powell we would be better off. Even better for one of our younger QB's who would be playing.

once it turned May and Fitz did not sign the Jets should have turned the page.

1 minute ago, Jetdawgg said:

I doubt if Ivory is getting $32MM. All I am saying is that we have no power running game now that he is gone. That $12MM could have signed Ivory (maybe) or another RB. Without him we are definetly weaker at RB. With him and Forte/Powell we would be better off. Even better for one of our younger QB's who would be playing.

Exactly Fitzpatrick held this team hostage,how sad is that it cost us signing other free agents to improve this team. 

9 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Irrelevant.

In a lost season such as this, all that matters is his individual performance. If we win 6-7 games but he plays just meh then what good does it do us? We still are on the outside of the playoffs looking in, and he hasn't played well enough to make a major push for a better QB in the offseason. 

What is meh to you?

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Not necessarily. We won 10 games last year and didn't have a real QB.

He didn't ask what if we win 6-7 games because of Bryce Petty; only if we won 6-7 games with Petty in as QB. If we won 6-7 games because of Petty, that would be great. 

You seen our team play this year. It's not just QB play, we are fooking awful, worst pass D in the NFL. We can't rush the QB or run the ball,

If Petty wins 6 games with this team he's the real deal.

7 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

You seen our team play this year. It's not just QB play, we are fooking awful, worst pass D in the NFL. We can't rush the QB or run the ball,

If Petty wins 6 games with this team he's the real deal.

Could be. It's also mostly the same team as last year, and the schedule loosens up tremendously (like most of last year). 

If we win a bunch of meaningless games 17-13, 13-10, or even with a higher point total behind a strong game on the ground, that doesn't necessarily mean he's the real deal (as much as that would be my preference).

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

Could be. It's also mostly the same team as last year, and the schedule loosens up tremendously (like most of last year). 

If we win a bunch of meaningless games 17-13, 13-10, or even with a higher point total behind a strong game on the ground, that doesn't necessarily mean he's the real deal (as much as that would be my preference).

Then what is the point of playing him if we can't make a determination?

11 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

What is meh to you?

Putting up some inconsistent numbers, with a healthy amt of the good numbers coming so frequently when his initial read is wide open for an easy toss & catch. 

Eyeball test, not stats. Even Ryan Fitzpatrick can put up some decent stats in just the right circumstances and he's trash.

1 hour ago, PatsFanTX said:

Bills have a very good football team.

They beat the Pats in Buffalo in a couple of weeks, they will be the first team to lead the AFCE this late in the season, other than the Pats, since 2001.

Thats not true. Rex went into Fuxboro and shut out Belicheat and the flats. And he's gonna beat them again in Buffalo and take control of the division. 

15 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

You doubt it? Well doubt no more. Use the google. Here's an article that took three seconds to find: 

http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/jaguars-chris-ivory-signs-with-jaguars/

Chris Ivory has done jack and crap since leaving the Jets for the big money. Take a look at the stats. He's made zero impact and has also missed games. He disappeared at the end of the season last year and helped to cost the Jets a playoff spot. 

Fitz' money and contract wasn't signed until long after the Jets front office had already made up their mind about what they were willing to spend on the running back position. One doesn't have anything to do with the other. To think otherwise is ridiculous. 

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

You doubt it? Well doubt no more. Use the google. Here's an article that took three seconds to find: 

http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/jaguars-chris-ivory-signs-with-jaguars/

Chris Ivory has done jack and crap since leaving the Jets for the big money. Take a look at the stats. He's made zero impact and has also missed games. He disappeared at the end of the season last year and helped to cost the Jets a playoff spot. 

Fitz' money and contract wasn't signed until long after the Jets front office had already made up their mind about what they were willing to spend on the running back position. One doesn't have anything to do with the other. To think otherwise is ridiculous. 

To me it's more that a far better-rounded RB - one that can run, catch, and pick up blitzes - is a better friend to a young QB than a one-dimensional power back like Ivory (whose injury history makes him unreliable anyway). 

4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

To me it's more that a far better-rounded RB - one that can run, catch, and pick up blitzes - is a better friend to a young QB than a one-dimensional power back like Ivory (whose injury history makes him unreliable anyway). 

Definitely. The Jets made an conscious choice to not bring Ivory back. And the contract the Jags gave him just solidified that they weren't even thinking about it. 

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Definitely. The Jets made an conscious choice to not bring Ivory back. And the contract the Jags gave him just solidified that they weren't even thinking about it. 

Ivory was a terrific runner. He was not much of an asset as a receiver or even as a blocker. And that running style, while punishing to defenders, was also punishing to himself.

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Guess firing the OC wasn't a bad idea after all.

4-0 since. That's a quarter of the season out the way.

Sometimes you have to make bold changes like fire the OC or change quarterb... oh nevermind. 

Archived