**The Official Jets @ Cardinals Game thread** - In Honor of Dennis Byrd [merged]

whodeawhodat

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

We learn something either way. His entire career shouldn't be determined by half a season of his first live action, but he gets some live reps when we don't have to worry about "wasting" games with the season already in the toilet.

There is nothing to be lost by playing Petty and Hackenberg the rest of the way. You either discover you have a quarterback or your sh*t season goes further down the tubes to the #1 overall. Win/win.

Just now, Pac said:

So your saying Geno would have gotten 0 points with a full week of reps with the 1's?  Cause that's the only thing worse than we just witnessed with Fitzpatrick.

You guys are nuts.

If only we had some cache of data that showed us how Geno Smith performs when he gets a full week of reps with the 1's.

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Disgusting as it is to watch, Smith fumbling and throwing a pick - after another crappy Fitz outing - is a best case scenario (once one gets past the idea that we were ever serious playoff contenders):

• Fitz is out. Fans & team & HC all got what they wanted and it was a huge failure.
  • Geno is out, or should be, without a prolonged additional tryout. Really the worst thing that could happen is him coming in & staying in for 3 starts as he pads numbers against weak defenses like Fitz a year earlier.
  • Get Petty in as soon as possible. He's the only one under contract who has any business near the field. See a bit of what he is and what he isn't. If he's Kellen Clemens II then we've at least learned something. If he looks really good we get more than 3 games to guess if he just had a couple of good outings in some (potentially) favorable situations, or if he's actually a good QB.

Not all medicine tastes good. In the end it makes you better. Does no one any good to stay sick while we keep trying remedies that don't work. (OK I'm done with this forced metaphor lol).

Who is even making the decisions on this team - Bowles or Mac?   

i can't believe we all thought this team would be competitive this year.   This year is shaping up to look an awful lot like the Bollywood season (pretty sure it was Herm's last year).   Would be a total wasted year if we don't even get a glimpse of Petty.   

Just now, T0mShane said:

If only we had some cache of data that showed us how Geno Smith performs when he gets a full week of reps with the 1's.

naw you guys are funnin'...

that's the only thing that makes sense after watching that disgraceful Fitzy performance.

Good one!

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

You just can't help but embarrass yourself huh? If you want to interject on a conversation, please know the subject matter. Enjoy your evening. 

Embarrassed myself?  For knowing the deal you have no clue about?   But instead of saying you're right, you'll argue I don't know what.

I should have known who was posting and ignored. 

We are a completely uncompetitive embarrassment of a franchise right now.

Worst Defense I've seen in ages.  Worst Offense I've seen in years.  Worst Coaching since Rex's worst.

1-5, year is over.  Let the vultures squabble over the scraps and root for loses and draft position now.

5 minutes ago, paulyjet said:

HOW IS AN INT NOT A HORRIBLE THROW!!???!?? LOL It was a nice spiral... lol pffft

Listen man, I want Petty playing. I'm just saying Peake comes back to the ball/extends his hands, it's a catch. That int was nowhere near as horrible as what Fitz has been throwing out there. Honey Badger made a nice play, I'm not killing Geno for it. Doesn't mean I think he's a good QB though. 

3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

There is nothing to be lost by playing Petty and Hackenberg the rest of the way. You either discover you have a quarterback or your sh*t season goes further down the tubes to the #1 overall. Win/win.

This is my point. I just like it better when I use 18x the words to say it.

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Embarrassed myself?  For knowing the deal you have no clue about?   But instead of saying you're right, you'll argue I don't know what.

I should have known who was posting and ignored. 

Ugh. You're such a pain. Go back to the original point of this conversation. What your saying is true and I understand it but it's not a 17 million dollar deal. Can you get that into your skull?

1 minute ago, ausman said:

If Bryce Petty's shoulder is healed, start him.  Simplify the game and start over on both sides of the ball.  Nothing's working.  Absolutely nothing.  Need to go back to square one.

It's not going to happen.  Geno is our starter now.

We'll be lucky to see Petty at all this year.  

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

Ugh. You're such a pain. Go back to the original point of this conversation. What your saying is true and I understand it but it's not a 17 million dollar deal. Can you get that into your skull?

yes, we all understand that.   it's 12M cash this year and 5M dead money next season.   like herpes...the gift that keeps on giving.  

11 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Here come all the Geno fans, they will be making excuses for days.  

He sucks, just like Fitz. 

Excuses for what?  He came in down 25 halfway into the 4th.

The important thing was some game action to get ready for next Sunday on a short week.

If is finally GENO TIME!!!

shiteatinggrin.jpeg

(sh*t eating grin.)

3 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

Who is even making the decisions on this team - Bowles or Mac?   

i can't believe we all thought this team would be competitive this year.   This year is shaping up to look an awful lot like the Bollywood season (pretty sure it was Herm's last year).   Would be a total wasted year if we don't even get a glimpse of Petty.   

Well "we" all didn't think we'd be competitive, except against bad/struggling/injured teams.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

It's not going to happen.  Geno is our starter now.

We'll be lucky to see Petty at all this year.  

Makes no sense to start Geno.  He's not the future, he's nor getting signed beyond this year.  So why use him at all?

Archived