People Are Being Unfair To Geno

PCP63

24 minutes ago, j4jets said:

I swear I apologized to her before she reported my posts. Is she still crying? 

You should be banned for this thread. Just walk away. Integrity I don't think has ever reported a post here, not that I can remember.

Two others reported it, not big time posters, but people who like to read this site minus the childish nonsense.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, PCP63 said:

4 hours ago, PCP63 said:

If all you can do is post OLD footage, you have no leg to stand on. Anyone denying that he looks much improved is not being honest with themselves.

He did almost the same thing last night on his Strip Sack (from the front side, fir gods sake). He dropped back, never saw the pressure from the outside, but dropped back a few more steps. Never stepped up in the pocket (which was solid), and got blindsided from his front side somehow. LOL. And was that before or after sliding down 2 yards short of the first down marker? And then threw a beautiful, tight spiral that looked magnificent - right to the Honey Badger.

Are you telling me Petty would be worse than that? LOL

If people are going to forgive Geno for that ill fated forced throw in desperate times then they are undoubtably forgiving Fitzpatrick for his 6 or 7 of the exact same ints late in games with us behind.  A bad throw and a pick is just that and if you are going to forgive geno for something he often does then pat fitz on the head for trying.

Actually the more Genoesque play was not the pick but the I am unaware of pressure strip sack, his specialty.

10 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

He did almost the same thing last night on his Strip Sack (from the front side, fir gods sake). He dropped back, never saw the pressure from the outside, but dropped back a few more steps. Never stepped up in the pocket (which was solid), and got blindsided from his front side somehow. LOL. And was that before or after sliding down 2 yards short of the first down marker? And then threw a beautiful, tight spiral that looked magnificent - right to the Honey Badger.

Are you telling me Petty would be worse than that? LOL

Never said he was perfect. I agree with the fumble and the sliding. The throw was not a bad throw, though. Not every INT is a bad throw, not every catch is a good throw. Why can't people just be objective about these things?

Both Fitz and Geno suck. All I'm saying is that people act like it was the "same old Geno". No, it wasn't. He still sucks, I would assume, but that drive was much better than what we'd been getting. And not even just from Geno. You could see an instant boost in team morale. First time all season I've actually seen players give effort.

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

4th and long down by 25 points all WR's covered he had no choice but to force the ball to someone. 

COME ON MAN 

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

So he should have stayed in the pocket,  taken the sack and settled for a punt on 5th down? 

I'm just commenting on Geno's mechanics and ability to read defenses.  He still looks like a rookie making the same first year mistakes.  In other words: A bum.  

Oh, and did you notice the fumble?  Dolt still holds the ball out too far, which is why he often gets stripped.  And yeah, he did have a choice.  Instead of making a dopey read and throw for a pick, do something positive.  Something to build on even though it might have been an incomplete.  Right now, because of that INT, most of us out here continue to see Geno as a "turnover machine" as Chucky called him last night.

Geno last night looked exactly like the Geno we saw for two full years.

As a #2, he is required to be ready to play.  Entering a blowout, he faced a semi-prevent Defense, and absolutely no pressure to win the game.

He still played like Geno.  Poorly, and with turnovers aplenty.

Given Fitz's play, I hope we see Geno play Sunday.  After that, he too should be gone, and Petty started.

Petty was out best QB in preseason, is out current best hope for a home-grown starter in 2017, and we have nothing to lose playing him and evaluating him.

At best, he's our 2017 starter.  At worst, he too is cut, and Hack will have two new QB teammates in 2017 ahead of him.

5 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I'm just commenting on Geno's mechanics and ability to read defenses.  He still looks like a rookie making the same first year mistakes.  In other words: A bum.  

Oh, and did you notice the fumble?  Dolt still holds the ball out too far, which is why he often gets stripped.  And yeah, he did have a choice.  Instead of making a dopey read and throw for a pick, do something positive.  Something to build on even though it might have been an incomplete.  Right now, because of that INT, most of us out here continue to see Geno as a "turnover machine" as Chucky called him last night.

Please , If he threw short of the 1st down or an incomplete he still would have been blasted here by the haters. Even if he drove the team down the field and scored a TD the rhetoric would have been the Cards were playing prevent - big deal. Just admit it there are factions here that will still hate Geno regardless of what he does on the field. 

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

Please , If he threw short of the 1st down or an incomplete he still would have been blasted here by the haters. Even if he drove the team down the field and scored a TD the rhetoric would have been the Cards were playing prevent - big deal. Just admit it there are factions here that will still hate Geno regardless of what he does on the field. 

I hear you.  I don't like Geno, but would get on board if he could show us some growth at QB.  For me personally, I just can't look at more Geno INTs. 

15 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

His cursing and mild temper tantrum on the sideline, along with his tweets, are unprofessional and unbecoming of an NFL QB.  His maturity level is that of a teenager. 

Sounds like Cam Newton a complete superstar in this league who went to a superbowl lol ...although I despise that punk.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Personal attacks are weak and show the type of person you are because you dont agree with posts you revolt to a personal attack. 

Sad feel sorry for you actually. 

And your obsessive - compulsive behavior and apparent echolalia might be signs/symptoms of an undiagnosed condition. 

Good luck!

6 hours ago, PCP63 said:

I should preface this post by saying that I absolutely hate Geno, and have never made excuses for him or been a fan of him (I want Hack). 

But wow, he's getting way too much crap today. People calling him a crybaby and stuff. C'mon, let's stop acting like we're all mentally superior to him.

Would not you be pissed off if a QB literally threw like 9 4th-quarter INTs in just a few games, and the coach still wouldn't even THINK of giving you a chance? From his perspective, he probably felt like no matter what, he'd NEVER get a chance. I'd be pissed too.

Not only did Geno outplay Fitz before his injury last season, but he actually didn't play too bad last night. People will say things like it was garbage time, and they were playing prevent. First off, the game was still within reach, even if very unlikely to comeback. The Cardinals were still playing fast, and with tight coverage. The team clearly wants Geno, as you could IMMEDIATELY see the team playing with MUCH more fire. His passes were all on-point, even the interception.

On 4th and 11 (?), under pressure, he had to make that throw. And it was pretty much right on the money. The CB just made a good play, and Peake simply should have fought harder to catch it. 

I still want Hack to start, but Geno actually changed my perspective last night. He very well may have improved his game.

Except he separates himself from the team... He doesn't prepare for games... As shown in Oakland last year... He has talent but nothing between the ears.

Why should they even entertain starting him when he proves the doubters right with every sneer he makes. If he wanted it he would have been a good soldier. He hasn't earned a single snap... Put in Petty in a couple weeks (Cleveland) and be done with it.

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

When you have a journeyman starting qb that is 1-5 and playing terrible you MUST go to your younger backup.  I'd prefer petty or hack but I'll settle for Geno on the 1 in a million shot he plays well.  And even if he is worse,  we land a better draft pick. 

At this point fitz is useless to this franchise.  There is no way Geno can score less than fitz has these last few weeks.  

4 hours ago, munchmemory said:

So he is right on par with Ryan Fitzpatrick? I agree he is no better, and impossible to be worse than fitz.. why Mac really didn't care if fitz came back or not.. 

9 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Nah, I'm not into the double-standard. If people here can't acknowledge Fitz's interceptions when they happen in the context of playing catchup after the defense lays down all game, then there's no reason to excuse INTs from Geno in the same context. I also don't subscribe to the "he needs a week of prep" nonsense. He's been lobbying to take the job publicly, showing up the org on social media. So, if he's going to do that, then he damn-well better be ready as ready gets when the opportunity arises. 

No, what we saw in his brief action yesterday is a microcosm of Geno. I still prefer the idea of him starting next week, as a bridge to Petty for the back half of the season, but I'm not down with the delusional folks here that want to make excuses for him. He's a bad ******* QB... let him play a couple games, hope he does okay, and then trade him before the season ends so we get something for him. Don't resign him. He's never going to be the guy. 

Please, Fitz ints put the Jets behind.  He threw how many, 3 ? In KC, in ended zone down 2 scores? With time.  Threw the pick vs Seattle down what 14 or 17-10?  And his pick against Cincy, the game was close.  He hasn't put up a TD in the 2nd halfs of any games, he's to blame, not the scores.

No one anywhere thinks MNF was a fair assessment of Geno.  No matter what you don't subscribe to.  You need to stop calling people delusional when you're selling this nonsense.  You sound like sar.

Hate to say it I agree with geno this week only because petty just returned to practice. Saying that geno will play as he always plays. It's obvious he can't read defenses. His completions were short throws that defense gave him. When he had to complete meaningful pass he threw int. I don't want to hear sh*t about him having to throw pass. He locked onto receiver. 1
possession 1 int, he was stripped fumbled ball! 1 more thing he has absolutely no pocket presence & last in college he had great receivers & he would throw short passes turned into long gains! Petty showed the ability to look off receivers, courage to takes hits in pocket & complete passes. Also loves to throw ball downfield. He's a gunslinger. Jets will run ball Sunday, on passes it'll be short easy passes for the dummy. Also I think Bowles wanted to start Fitz maybe 1 more week then go to kid qb. It's obvious he was forced to start Gena Smith.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

On 10/18/2016 at 7:44 PM, Integrity28 said:

Nah, I'm not into the double-standard. If people here can't acknowledge Fitz's interceptions when they happen in the context of playing catchup after the defense lays down all game, then there's no reason to excuse INTs from Geno in the same context. I also don't subscribe to the "he needs a week of prep" nonsense. He's been lobbying to take the job publicly, showing up the org on social media. So, if he's going to do that, then he damn-well better be ready as ready gets when the opportunity arises. 

No, what we saw in his brief action yesterday is a microcosm of Geno. I still prefer the idea of him starting next week, as a bridge to Petty for the back half of the season, but I'm not down with the delusional folks here that want to make excuses for him. He's a bad ******* QB... let him play a couple games, hope he does okay, and then trade him before the season ends so we get something for him. Don't resign him. He's never going to be the guy. 

So if this was a brief microcosm of Geno's game, which I'm not going to argue, shouldn't jets fans be hella pissed giving Fitz 12 million though we have a macrocosm which is Fitz entire career?

That's the problem I have here. Your first paragraph is an honest one based on your perspective, but that statement has not in anyway whatsoever been used when dealing with Fitz.

This is why/how Geno has been imo treated unfairly. If we can ignore Fitz macrocosm, then a microcosm leaves room for potential...something being completely dismissed because of people's infatuation with social media and TMZ soap opera gossip.

That's wrong.

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

So if this was a brief microcosm of Geno's game, which I'm not going to argue, shouldn't jets fans be hella pissed giving Fitz 12 million though we have a macrocosm which is Fitz entire career?

That's the problem I have here. Your first paragraph is an honest one based on your perspective, but that statement has not in anyway whatsoever been used when dealing with Fitz.

This is why/how Geno has been imo treated unfairly. If we can ignore Fitz macrocosm, then a microcosm leaves room for potential...something being completely dismissed because of people's infatuation with social media and TMZ soap opera gossip.

That's wrong.

I never once ignored Fitz's history. Fact is, I referenced his play in Houston as what to be hopeful for in year 1 with us. Acknowledging full well the years before that as risk. After he kept trending up last year, he appeared to have a higher floor than in the pre-Houston years. 

So, you're projecting the ignorance of other pro-Fitz arguments onto me. You can stop.

Archived