People Are Being Unfair To Geno

PCP63

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

I never once ignored Fitz's history. Fact is, I referenced his play in Houston as what to be hopeful for in year 1 with us. Acknowledging full well the years before that as risk. After he kept trending up last year, he appeared to have a higher floor than in the pre-Houston years. 

So, you're projecting the ignorance of other pro-Fitz arguments onto me. You can stop.

My goodness 28, I never said "YOU DID"...Generally speaking brother. You've been on the site as much as I have. 

It's like you take things so personally. I generalized in that entire statement (shouldn't jets fans?????)

C'mon bro. 

On 10/18/2016 at 10:18 AM, PCP63 said:

I should preface this post by saying that I absolutely hate Geno, and have never made excuses for him or been a fan of him (I want Hack). 

But wow, he's getting way too much crap today. People calling him a crybaby and stuff. C'mon, let's stop acting like we're all mentally superior to him.

Would not you be pissed off if a QB literally threw like 9 4th-quarter INTs in just a few games, and the coach still wouldn't even THINK of giving you a chance? From his perspective, he probably felt like no matter what, he'd NEVER get a chance. I'd be pissed too.

Not only did Geno outplay Fitz before his injury last season, but he actually didn't play too bad last night. People will say things like it was garbage time, and they were playing prevent. First off, the game was still within reach, even if very unlikely to comeback. The Cardinals were still playing fast, and with tight coverage. The team clearly wants Geno, as you could IMMEDIATELY see the team playing with MUCH more fire. His passes were all on-point, even the interception.

On 4th and 11 (?), under pressure, he had to make that throw. And it was pretty much right on the money. The CB just made a good play, and Peake simply should have fought harder to catch it. 

I still want Hack to start, but Geno actually changed my perspective last night. He very well may have improved his game.

Obviously Geno is mentally superior to you.

On 10/18/2016 at 1:12 PM, Jet Life said:

Life isn't fair. Geno Smith sucks and will never be a good NFL QB 

Why are there so many guys on this site who can't simply accept this fact when the evidence is OVERWHELMING that the kid will never be an NFL starter?

WTF has Geno Smith EVER done, at any level of football, to gain a cult following?

24 minutes ago, glenn31 said:

Why are there so many guys on this site who can't simply accept this fact when the evidence is OVERWHELMING that the kid will never be an NFL starter?

WTF has Geno Smith EVER done, at any level of football, to gain a cult following?

I guess there's never been any person that has been crappy at their job, worked hard, and then improved. People talk about having "it", having the intangibles, but you never really know what goes on inside a guy's head. For all we know, Geno DOES have the "it" factor we need. DO I believe he does? No. Do I want him to start? No. But if he is going to start, why not at least see if he's improved?

While it's a small sample size, look at how Bradford is doing this season. Or hell, look at Fitz last season.

1 hour ago, glenn31 said:

Its kind of amazing, the longer Geno sat, the larger his legend became. He is now a rocket armed QB, with pinpoint accuracy, who can scan the entire field while being chased by a 325lb monster, throws guys open who are covered tightly and can look off every DB and safety with his eyes on every throw.

2 minutes ago, Cap'nObvious said:

Its kind of amazing, the longer Geno sat, the larger his legend became. He is now a rocket armed QB, with pinpoint accuracy, who can scan the entire field while being chased by a 325lb monster, throws guys open who are covered tightly and can look off every DB and safety with his eyes on every throw.

Find one post where anyone has said this Cap'nMakingItUp

2 hours ago, glenn31 said:

Why are there so many guy on this site who just cant sit back to see if Geno has learned anything sitting.  If hes improved.  Why do they have no problem with playing the given, Fitz who totally sucks and is what he is after all these years to give someone who just may have improved a shot?  Why does this get their vaginas twisted with plots, subplots and made up nonsense.  If he sucks, if he hasnt changed off to the next QB up, Petty, when hes ready

33 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Why are there so many guy on this site who just cant sit back to see if Geno has learned anything sitting.  If hes improved.  Why do they have no problem with playing the given, Fitz who totally sucks and is what he is after all these years to give someone who just may have improved a shot?  Why does this get their vaginas twisted with plots, subplots and made up nonsense.  If he sucks, if he hasnt changed off to the next QB up, Petty, when hes ready

My honest opinion of this is Geno is a complete enigma, and a high risk to set the franchise back, much like Fitzpatrick was. Both of them are fools gold, but Geno even more because he throws such a nice ball. Much like guys like Cutler, when someone throws a nice ball, they fool so many people into thinking they can play QB. They will occasionally have fantastic games, and their bad games even fool people to say, man, if he only did not do that, he would have been perfect. With Fitzpatrick, his arm sucks so bad that when everything is not going right, it becomes painfully obvious how bad he is, but with Geno, I think there is of course a very small chance he can dramatically improve and become the franchise guy, but the risk of being enamored with him and him never amounting to anything is far greater, and not worth the risk.  

5 minutes ago, Cap'nObvious said:

My honest opinion of this is Geno is a complete enigma, and a high risk to set the franchise back, much like Fitzpatrick was. Both of them are fools gold, but Geno even more because he throws such a nice ball. Much like guys like Cutler, when someone throws a nice ball, they fool so many people into thinking they can play QB. They will occasionally have fantastic games, and their bad games even fool people to say, man, if he only did not do that, he would have been perfect. With Fitzpatrick, his arm sucks so bad that when everything is not going right, it becomes painfully obvious how bad he is, but with Geno, I think there is of course a very small chance he can dramatically improve and become the franchise guy, but the risk of being enamored with him and him never amounting to anything is far greater, and not worth the risk.  

Now, this I agree with.  

4 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

My goodness 28, I never said "YOU DID"...Generally speaking brother. You've been on the site as much as I have. 

It's like you take things so personally. I generalized in that entire statement (shouldn't jets fans?????)

C'mon bro. 

I only make points on my own behalf. I know you're generalizing, the intent of my reply is to identify where I differ from the majority.

19 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I only make points on my own behalf. I know you're generalizing, the intent of my reply is to identify where I differ from the majority.

lol No you didnt. The fact that you had to end with your typical "So, you're projecting the ignorance of other pro-Fitz arguments onto me. You can stop" lets me know that not only did you think I was talking about you specifically, it also shows your ability to moonwalk to try to get out of it! lol. 

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Because it's very simple. Geno Smith is going to improve and become a franchise guy the same way Browning Nagle was going to, the way Glenn Foley was going to, the way Kellen Clemens was going to, the way Mark Sanchez was going to. At least if you listen to the woefully delusional that is. And where did I ever say anything about sticking with Fitz? It's painfully obvious his days as a marginally effective NFL QB are all but over, but that doesn't mean I want to be stuck with watching 10 weeks of failure I'm already familiar with repeat itself over and over again with #7. I couldn't care less if Hack is ready or not, but I'd rather watch his baby legs get chopped out from under him than watch this dope do anything in a Jet uniform ever again. Nope, sorry, I love the game and love rooting for the Jets but there's only so many times you can blow smoke up another's backside with promises of Christmas presents only to wake up to nothing under the tree every December 25. After 2014 I saw all I had to see of this guy, and if there is a silver lining, it's that my Sundays are now freed up to do anything but watch this team commit the inevitable with another proven-crap QB this organization is so fond of collecting.

I understand some of you need something, anything to grasp on to keep your wits about this season, but praying for miracles when the evidence is so blaring is something I left behind in elementary school when i tried to convince classmates the Walton Jets were just as good as Parcells' Giants and that Kenny O was a top tier QB, to much derison. I'd hope my assessment of these guys has improved since I was 10. And if anyone is trying to convince themselves that a repeat of 2002 is a possibility, just remember a healthy Pennington more than belonged on an NFL field. A healthy Geno belongs in the concessions stands.

1 hour ago, glenn31 said:

Because it's very simple. Geno Smith is going to improve and become a franchise guy the same way Browning Nagle was going to, the way Glenn Foley was going to, the way Kellen Clemens was going to, the way Mark Sanchez was going to. At least if you listen to the woefully delusional that is. And where did I ever say anything about sticking with Fitz? It's painfully obvious his days as a marginally effective NFL QB are all but over, but that doesn't mean I want to be stuck with watching 10 weeks of failure I'm already familiar with repeat itself over and over again with #7. I couldn't care less if Hack is ready or not, but I'd rather watch his baby legs get chopped out from under him than watch this dope do anything in a Jet uniform ever again. Nope, sorry, I love the game and love rooting for the Jets but there's only so many times you can blow smoke up another's backside with promises of Christmas presents only to wake up to nothing under the tree every December 25. After 2014 I saw all I had to see of this guy, and if there is a silver lining, it's that my Sundays are now freed up to do anything but watch this team commit the inevitable with another proven-crap QB this organization is so fond of collecting.

I understand some of you need something, anything to grasp on to keep your wits about this season, but praying for miracles when the evidence is so blaring is something I left behind in elementary school when i tried to convince classmates the Walton Jets were just as good as Parcells' Giants and that Kenny O was a top tier QB, to much derison. I'd hope my assessment of these guys has improved since I was 10. And if anyone is trying to convince themselves that a repeat of 2002 is a possibility, just remember a healthy Pennington more than belonged on an NFL field. A healthy Geno belongs in the concessions stands.

First off, who said franchise QB?  There's a whole lot of room between franchise QB and the worst QB play ever that Fitz was giving us.  So not getting the point, or naming a list of QBs all who played better than Fitz in 2016.

You'd rather throw an unprepared, unready Hack out there because?  Because you hate Geno so much you dont give a shlt that Hack could be worse or that you could ruin him just to peak your curiosity?  It makes no sense to play a QB not ready to play.  

All because you cant believe or cant envision a scenario where Geno isnt the same QB as 2014 or dont believe that actually playing with talent effects your QB.  But hey, he really belongs in the concession stands.  

Hopefully youre just clueless and he proves you wrong.  Either way its not sweat off your ass if he still sucks, dont see given 1-5 why playing him is this much of a problem to some.

On 10/18/2016 at 10:26 AM, PepPep said:

He worked on his weaknesses, he said all the right things, etc. I would be FURIOUS if I was watching my team lose game after game and the starting QB flounder in the second half EVERY game. ZERO TDs, 9 INTs I think was the stat for Fitz in the third quarter?

Geno Smith has NEVER said the right things. He is a total immature thug who thinks he is better than he is. He stinks and putting him in there does NOT improve the Jets chances of winning. I agree with the the move, because it HAD to be made. 1-5 is bad and Fitz has been really bad. I give Geno until the bye and then Petty or Hackenberg will finish the season.

3 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

Geno Smith has NEVER said the right things. He is a total immature thug who thinks he is better than he is. He stinks and putting him in there does NOT improve the Jets chances of winning. I agree with the the move, because it HAD to be made. 1-5 is bad and Fitz has been really bad. I give Geno until the bye and then Petty or Hackenberg will finish the season.

You should have caught the post game interview.  He said all the right things. As he did yesterday after practice.  Unlike Fitz who talked about keeping his job because of confidence in him, in the huddle and the lockerroom liking him.  

He has sucked, needs to produce but his interview since IK have all been said in the right way

1 minute ago, Ex-Rex said:

You are contradicting yourself though. If he is a "total immature thug who thinks he is better than he is. He stinks and putting him in there does NOT improve the Jets chances of winning." then why put him in at all? Why is that a move that HAS to be made? Why aren't you ranting and raving against the team ownership and CS that decided to keep him even though they have 2 young promising QBs and a vet, at the cost of another roster spot, no less. 

So you give Geno until the bye. And what if he wins all 4 games? Rams, Dolphins, Ravens, Browns...its not a stretch to think the Jets can win all 4 with Geno. You pull him because he's an immature thug? Why play him at all then? It makes no sense.  

4 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

lol No you didnt. The fact that you had to end with your typical "So, you're projecting the ignorance of other pro-Fitz arguments onto me. You can stop" lets me know that not only did you think I was talking about you specifically, it also shows your ability to moonwalk to try to get out of it! lol. 

giphy.gif

I really wish you didnt 'fancy yourself a debater. It's sad. 

I don't care enough to read this.

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

I'll take that "W" thank you very much! 

I buried someone today. I'm shot. Sorry for the non-effort. You cry to mgmt when I whip you, so it seems pointless. Your posts are ******* retarded. So a pat on the head is the most compliant thing to do.

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I buried someone today. I'm shot. Sorry for the non-effort. You cry to mgmt when I whip you, so it seems pointless. Your posts are ******* retarded. So a pat on the head is the most compliant thing to do.

Sorry for your loss brother (talking specifically to you). 

My posts however only seem to be ******* retarded because you feel the need to defend yourself everytime I make general statements, then when corrected you make these moves. 

giphy.gif

Then in your inability to admit a fault you then proclaim not to care enough to "read this"

9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I really wish you didnt 'fancy yourself a debater. It's sad. 

I don't care enough to read this.

While then intensely responding to what you dont care enough to read. 

Please, just take this "L". 

But again, sorry for the how the day ended up. 

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

You are contradicting yourself though. If he is a "total immature thug who thinks he is better than he is. He stinks and putting him in there does NOT improve the Jets chances of winning." then why put him in at all? Why is that a move that HAS to be made? Why aren't you ranting and raving against the team ownership and CS that decided to keep him even though they have 2 young promising QBs and a vet, at the cost of another roster spot, no less. 

So you give Geno until the bye. And what if he wins all 4 games? Rams, Dolphins, Ravens, Browns...its not a stretch to think the Jets can win all 4 with Geno. You pull him because he's an immature thug? Why play him at all then? It makes no sense.  

I'm glad someone admits why geno haters are so scared to see him in there. If the jets win and he does decent ( which decent is twice as good as fitz ) he isn't coming out.. Bowles will say the jets finished strong, that we had a good team all along just didn't have the right guy behind center. Their jobs will be safe, and they offer geno a new deal next yr. This is geno haters absolute worst nightmare ?

Just now, Jetsplayer21 said:

I'm glad someone admits why geno haters are so scared to see him in there. If the jets win and he does decent ( which decent is twice as good as fitz ) he isn't coming out.. Bowles will say the jets finished strong, that we had a good team all along just didn't have the right guy behind center. Their jobs will be safe, and they offer geno a new deal next yr. This is geno haters absolute worst nightmare ?

I don't particularly hate Geno, but that is a nightmare.  Extending him without him doing a ******* sh*tload better than "decent" and we ****ed up.  Again.

48 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Sorry for your loss brother (talking specifically to you). 

My posts however only seem to be ******* retarded because you feel the need to defend yourself everytime I make general statements, then when corrected you make these moves. 

giphy.gif

Then in your inability to admit a fault you then proclaim not to care enough to "read this"

While then intensely responding to what you dont care enough to read. 

Please, just take this "L". 

But again, sorry for the how the day ended up. 

Going to assume this is petty, with some self-righteous sentiment mixed in. Not caring. If I apply myself, you cry to ownership. 

How about GFY?

Archived