Geno Smith to start on Sunday vs the Ravens

Maxman

Ok one I'm happy genocide is starting I really am, I was a supporter of Fitz before the season but he can't be our. qb. I expect nothing from genocide but he will be better than Fitz.  

My complaint about this is how this should have been done after Mondays game and not Wednesday. This is just bowels caving in to the media. I don't want a coach who just does what everybody wants. Would belichek ever do this? No. He would have either made the call Sunday or at least said we will discuss this week or stuck with his guy. Bowles has done a complete 180! I'm glad he did but he just made himself look like a fool

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Maxman said:

You have to sit Fitz. I don't care if Geno is the long term answer or not, still have to make this move.

Accountability. You don't perform, you sit. End of story.

This Smells of Woody Johnson... nothing more... The coaches didn't make this decision, the owner did...

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

This is as embarrassing as it gets as a fan. Just plain embarrassing. Coach defends QB after loss then gets undercut by moron owner because he's afraid fans will boo on Sunday. What a ******* joke of a franchise.

I agree... this is a Woody Johnson move all the way... Woody can't watch another inept lackluster game

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

^^^ Couldn't ignore me if he tried. 

I'm rooting for Bryce Petty to get the nod in 2-3 weeks.  I will not apologize for supporting a QB who actually put together a solid season for this franchise.  He is exactly what he is.  A QB good enough to win games given good circumstances, terrible when circumstances go south.  If Geno is still the hill you wish to die on, however, then have at it.

I told you that I took you off ignore a few weeks ago.  You were a beaten man and had retreated to the lounge for a hiatus.  I respect that you didn't continue lobbying for your fallen hero and acknowledged your gross miscalculations.

All that's left for a full recovery is that you apologize.  

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

This is as embarrassing as it gets as a fan. Just plain embarrassing. Coach defends QB after loss then gets undercut by moron owner because he's afraid fans will boo on Sunday. What a ******* joke of a franchise.

Stop making scenarios up where it wasn't the right move.  

3 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

This Smells of Woody Johnson... nothing more... The coaches didn't make this decision, the owner did...

Well if it was (which I highly doubt) then KUDOS to Woodrow.  Thank God someone stepped in with an intervention.

Just now, Pac said:

Well if it was (which I highly doubt) then KUDOS to Woodrow.  Thank God someone stepped in with an intervention.

Its bad ... Undercutting your coaches is just bad... and Geno doesn't deserve to start with all his hissy fits... he acts like he is 10 years old

16 minutes ago, drsamuel84 said:

Kind of surprised, was under the impression Bowles's hands were tied until Petty was ready...Maybe the CS has actually seen improvement in his play and fought for one last shot before he's a FA?  Could be interesting to see how the rest of this season progresses with the young QB's....Do they get to the point where maybe they release Fitz to get Petty and Hack more reps????  Hmmmmmm

Huh? What do you mean his hands were tied. Geno is the backup. He was named the backup going into the season. If they were never planning on using him as the #2 they would not have carried 4 QBs into the season. There was going to be no other #2 QB option other than Geno this year, I thought that was clear. Bowles, being an old school coach, has just been giving Fitz a ton of chances (a very long leash, if you will). Which is why Geno was pissed. And I don't blame him. I think Geno embarrassed the coaching staff -particularly Bowles- with his reaction in Arizona, and rightly so. You simply cannot keep a QB who is playing the way Fitz was playing in as starter to the detriment of the team. Geno should have gotten a shot after the Chiefs debacle.  

12 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Not sure what all the negative repping is about on this one...You're absolutely correct.

This was a Woody call and it was because of the media and fan base.  

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

Geno Smith is back starting for the Jets and Tim Tebow is like 0-7k in the Mets' minor league system. The Knicks are propping up a guy that's about to be found guilty of gang rape and Rutgers is having one of the most embarrassing seasons in college football history. 2016 is a cruel mistress.

He got a hit yesterday

Everyone assuming this is a Woody Johnson move is stupid.  There's no way Bowles could trot Fitzpatrick out there again even if he did say Fitz was the starter right after the game.  Who cares honestly?  The season is lost.  Give Geno 2 or 3 games and if he fails then go with Petty and Hack for the rest of the season.

There's absolutely no reason why Fitz should ever play QB for the Jets again!

Well, I'm not excited about Geno, but there is at least the "hope" that he has progressed since he hasn't started in two years.  I don't count the Raiders game because he didn't get first team reps at practice for the week.    But I cannot take Fitz anymore and frankly hope they cut him to get Petty and Hack more practice reps.  I don't know the cap well enough to tell if that is feasible.   Hopefully, Petty will come in later in the season to start once he is fully healed.   My fear is Geno will be just as awful, and so will Petty.

1 minute ago, PepPep said:

Huh? What do you mean his hands were tied. Geno is the backup. He was named the backup going into the season. If they were never planning on using him as the #2 they would not have carried 4 QBs into the season. There was going to be no other #2 QB option other than Geno this year, I thought that was clear. Bowles, being an old school coach, has just been giving Fitz a ton of chances (a very long leash, if you will). Which is why Geno was pissed. And I don't blame him. I think Geno embarrassed the coaching staff -particularly Bowles- with his reaction in Arizona, and rightly so. You simply cannot keep a QB who is playing the way Fitz was playing in as starter to the detriment of the team. Geno should have gotten a shot after the Chiefs debacle.  

Because I think they planned on releasing Geno until Petty got hurt.  Meaning they really never wanted to play Geno.  At the same time, Fitz has been so bad the move had to be made.

Just now, PepPep said:

Geno doesn't deserve to play with the way he acts... Better teams would have cut his whining ass a while ago... I think they thought he would mature this year and he has proven otherwise. Sure he is sour... but his reactions are why they won't give him a chance... Grow up and show maturity.  Woody sucks! We are not going to win anything with him as an owner.

22 minutes ago, Maxman said:

You have to sit Fitz. I don't care if Geno is the long term answer or not, still have to make this move.

Accountability. You don't perform, you sit. End of story.

Give Geno 2 starts.  If he shlts the bed..cut him. On the spot.   Dont even let him in the locker room.   UPS his personal belongings to his house.

BUT, IMO, the kid deserves 2 full starts to showcase his ability or lack thereof.

Now that I think of it, this is the NEXT STEP to that MASTER PLAN as to WHY we have been carrying 4 QBs on the active Roster with NO FULLBACKS when every other team has 2 QBs and 1 Fullback!

The FO and CS have been secretive and have stated that as the season progresses it will become evident WHY they decided to carry 4 QBs, WE'RE ALMOST THERE!!!!:rolleyes::lol:B)

1 minute ago, BallinPB said:

Everyone assuming this is a Woody Johnson move is stupid.  There's no way Bowles could trot Fitzpatrick out there again even if he did say Fitz was the starter right after the game.  Who cares honestly?  The season is lost.  Give Geno 2 or 3 games and if he fails then go with Petty and Hack for the rest of the season.

There's absolutely no reason why Fitz should ever play QB for the Jets again!

Bowles said as much... now he is changing his tune... this is absolutely a woody move.

30 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Who knocked some sense into them this quick?

Does this mean we get to do our "victory lap"? Truth be told, we haven't had a  moment of victory lap in weeks here so its quite refreshing. 

Archived