Flacco Not practicing

drsamuel84

20 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Beating Baltimore is not a good break.  It is an unfortunate one. Best thing that can happen to the Jets is to discover that Petty can actually play and they continue to lose.  A top 3 draft pick and selecting a QB to compete with Petty next summer.

Winning is not good!

What about Hackenberg? 

20 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Geno:  Two pick 6s and a strip sack by halftime.

If you are joking, it's possibly the most played out joke I've heard in a while. Try harder. 

If you are serious, I will bet you $500 that will not happen.

2 hours ago, PepPep said:

What about Hackenberg? 

He has no business taking a snap in '16.  Nothing good will come from it IMO.

I presume to know that he is so far from playing NFL QB, it can only shatter his already fragile confidence.  And that the team knows he shouldn't be playing... bad combination.

3 hours ago, munchmemory said:

At a brisk pace, walk into a wall.  Rub your head.  Then repeat.  Much obliged.

No, but seriously, the joke suggesting that Geno is gonna throw X amount of INTs and fumble X amount of times in a half or a game is no longer original or funny. And frankly, has not been for some time.

If you are serious, which I assume you are not, then put your money where your mouth is or STFU. 

Cheers.   

2 hours ago, RoadFan said:

He has no business taking a snap in '16.  Nothing good will come from it IMO.

I presume to know that he is so far from playing NFL QB, it can only shatter his already fragile confidence.  And that the team knows he shouldn't be playing... bad combination.

I mean, I agree. But you have to consider Hack in the Jets 2017-18 season QB plans. We shouldn't assume he can't make that jump to starter just because he isn't ready now per the coach's analysis.

So the question becomes, do the Jets draft a QB and go with Petty, rookie and Hack (no veteran). Or do they NOT draft a QB and sign a vet as insurance. Or do they carry 4 QBs once again? To be honest I really don't know. But I'm gonna assume Geno and Fitz are no longer on the team in next season. 

A also think his confidence is fine and he probably wants to get out there and show what he can do. That's one thing I was looking for in the few snaps he got in pre-season -is he shell-shocked after playing behind that awful O-line at Penn State- and he wasn't. He stood in the pocket and went through his reads, he didn't fold under pressure. He looked like a confident QB, even if he made some mistakes and threw the ball with inconsistent accuracy. 

On 10/19/2016 at 11:33 AM, Beerfish said:

It will make no difference at all, Flacco is not all that great to begin with, whoever his back up is will shred the hell out of our defense.  lol just looked Ryan Mallet.....that would be the epitome of a kick in the balls if that guy brutalizes our all world defense.

How is it possible to brutalize this team according to you?  Its devoid of talent, poorly coached, poorly run and shouldn't ever win?

2 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I mean, I agree. But you have to consider Hack in the Jets 2017-18 season QB plans. We shouldn't assume he can't make that jump to starter just because he isn't ready now per the coach's analysis.

So the question becomes, do the Jets draft a QB and go with Petty, rookie and Hack (no veteran). Or do they NOT draft a QB and sign a vet as insurance. Or do they carry 4 QBs once again? To be honest I really don't know. But I'm gonna assume Geno and Fitz are no longer on the team in next season. 

A also think his confidence is fine and he probably wants to get out there and show what he can do. That's one thing I was looking for in the few snaps he got in pre-season -is he shell-shocked after playing behind that awful O-line at Penn State- and he wasn't. He stood in the pocket and went through his reads, he didn't fold under pressure. He looked like a confident QB, even if he made some mistakes and threw the ball with inconsistent accuracy. 

If the Jets have a top 3 pick, they should draft a QB. Period.  if Petty plays well, I highly doubt it will be soooo well that he looks like a star.  if he looks competent or even good, you still draft one.  Teams get precious few chances to do this.  You don't pass it up for a "maybe" already on the roster.

1 minute ago, RoadFan said:

If the Jets have a top 3 pick, they should draft a QB. Period.  if Petty plays well, I highly doubt it will be soooo well that he looks like a star.  if he looks competent or even good, you still draft one.  Teams get precious few chances to do this.  You don't pass it up for a "maybe" already on the roster.

Well, thats fine by me. You're just taking a chance going into the season with Petty, Hack and a rookie. I also doubt the Jets get a top 3 pick. But they might. Right now they are at the bottom record-wise. But there's 10 games left to play. 

1 minute ago, drdetroit said:

His team is doing better than we are and I would take him over any of our qb's in a heartbeat

He threw for 4K yards as a rookie and is passing for more yards per game than a year ago.  His comp % is basically the same.  He has 9 TDs, only drop is he has 8 INTS.  

I would kill for this kind of trash

2 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

He and his team is doing better than we are and I would take him over any of our qb's in a heartbeat

I just thought I'd toss that in there since your specialty is trashing QBs  (And now pulling a nyjuc by using one metric to prove a point that you poo pooed for other QBs.)

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He threw for 4K yards as a rookie and is passing for more yards per game than a year ago.  His comp % is basically the same.  He has 9 TDs, only drop is he has 8 INTS.  

I would kill for this kind of trash

Plus he beat the Falcons at Atlanta

Archived