Marshall "Geno Really punched adversity in the face"

j4jets

The suck-up is in full swing...

"It's been amazing to see this guy grow and really punch adversity in the face," Marshall told reporters.

And..

GLENDALE, Ariz. — After the Jets lost 28-3 on Monday night at the Cardinals, Jets wide receiver Brandon Marshall weighed in on backup quarterback Geno Smith telling ESPN before the game that he was "getting antsy" about not playing. Smith wound up replacing Ryan Fitzpatrick with 8:20 left in Monday's loss, but the Jets are sticking with Fitzpatrick (for now) as their starter. 

"If he didn't, then that's not the guy I would want to play with. You saw when he got in there [Monday], he threw the ball really well. He had control of the huddle. He did a tremendous job. Guys tried to rally around him. But unfortunately, there wasn't enough time." "Yeah, I mean, he should get antsy," Marshall said. "He's a competitor. He's a hell of a football player. We all understand the situation surrounding our team last year and this year. He wants to be in there. He should want to be in there.

Fitzpatrick was asked after the game what he thought about Smith's "antsy" comment. Fitzpatrick simply shrugged and said, "I don't know." 

Smith on Monday completed 4 of 6 passes for 31 yards and one interception. He played just one possession, and then the Cardinals ran out the clock. 

Marshall was asked why the 1-5 Jets — who have lost four straight games and destroyed their playoff chances — should stick with Fitzpatrick

"We can't waste our time on those type of what-ifs," Marshall said. "We can't point the finger at anyone. This is our problem, not one guy's problem."

Can the "victory lap" start already? But seriously, good riddance Fitz. 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Supporting the QB you're going to play with in the next couple of games is apparently "sucking up".

Players aren't allowed to like more than one player on their team. It is impossible to believe that he could have respect for both Geno and fitz.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

He doesn't sound too complementary. Gives him a back handed compliment references when he got decked, and then says generic next man up type stuff.

There is a reason no one in the locker room wants Geno to play.

Sent from mTalk

23 minutes ago, funaz said:

He doesn't sound too complementary. Gives him a back handed compliment references when he got decked, and then says generic next man up type stuff.

There is a reason no one in the locker room wants Geno to play.

Sent from mTalk

Can you substantiate this claim?   Link?  

30 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Marshall in two weeks, "Bryce Petty is the best QB I've ever played with from Baylor. He's ready. Heckuva football player. I played him in madden. I know!"

Look at you, already hoping for a crash n burn era. 

3 minutes ago, j4jets said:

If we're looking at the same games, I'd say that era is in full bloom. Also, considering last time this program absolutely crashed and burned it served as a major wake-up call and netted us our first (and probably only) real Head Coach since Walt Michaels, that's probably exactly what we need.

12 minutes ago, j4jets said:

I don't know if you've noticed but the season has already crashed and burned. The only thing that might save the people on board is if Bryce Petty can get some real game experience and if he can play well enough that the Jets have some hope in 2017. 

34 minutes ago, glenn31 said:

If we're looking at the same games, I'd say that era is in full bloom. Also, considering last time this program absolutely crashed and burned it served as a major wake-up call and netted us our first (and probably only) real Head Coach since Walt Michaels, that's probably exactly what we need.

Curious to know which HC you're calling a "real HC". 

28 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I don't know if you've noticed but the season has already crashed and burned. The only thing that might save the people on board is if Bryce Petty can get some real game experience and if he can play well enough that the Jets have some hope in 2017. 

I wasn't referring to the past, I was referring to the Geno era. 

Archived