Will you actually develop respect for Woody if...

drdetroit

Just now, SAR I said:

NO MORE ROOKIE HEAD COACHES

I've been saying this since Herm Edwards.  The only success this franchise has ever had in its history was when we got Week Eubank away from the NFL and got Bill Parcells away from the Patriots.

Woody is turning 70.  This is the year that owners start to see the end of the road and get antsy.  Offer Bill Belichick the largest contract in sports history and 5% of the team, take the tampering penalty, and go get our man.

SAR I

Bill Belechick will never leave NE he will retire there. 

Money doesn't buy everyone. 

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, slats said:

It's a huge deal. It's the most important position on the field, and resigning Fitz has set back the development of the only QBs who will still be on the roster next year. It was a massively stupid contract. Revis may not be up to speed, but he's still the Jets' best CB. 

Fitz only gets on the field again this year if Geno gets hurt soon. Otherwise, it's Geno then Petty. 

Just be thankful he didn't take the initial 3 yr deal for 24 mil.. Ugh that would be horrible having that scrub around 2 more years.. Sure he regrets that now. He will be lucky to be offered the vet min next yr..

1 minute ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Just be thankful he didn't take the initial 3 yr deal for 24 mil.. Ugh that would be horrible having that scrub around 2 more years.. Sure he regrets that now. He will be lucky to be offered the vet min next yr..

He's done in the NFL this year next year the year after that. 

1 minute ago, slats said:

It's a huge deal. It's the most important position on the field, and resigning Fitz has set back the development of the only QBs who will still be on the roster next year. It was a massively stupid contract. Revis may not be up to speed, but he's still the Jets' best CB. 

Fitz only gets on the field again this year if Geno gets hurt soon. Otherwise, it's Geno then Petty. 

5 million cap hit is nothing esp for a Qb. And neither is 12 mil on a one year deal. It's not just below average for a starter it's out of the ballpark low. You had to pay that if you wanted to sign him and they did. So it's a bad deal (because he hasn't played well) but a good deal (because it didn't cost much and was way under market).The Revis deal from day 1 was a bad deal. And that deal for a lot more money is the contract killer on this team. 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick had you all fooled even you SAR I you bragged about his 2015 season and all the Jets passing records he broke. 

Do me a favor Sunday stand up and cheer for Dennis Byrd and Geno Smith, 

Ryan Fitzpatrick didn't fool me, friend.  You forget my "Jets Must Open 2-0 Or The Season Is Over" thread from back in August methinks.

2015 did happen and it was the best quarterback play we'd seen in decades.  I was ambivalent on resigning Fitz or going with Petty, but I can't blame the Jets brass for thinking our best chance of getting out of the gate with this brutal schedule at 3-3 was with the veteran who looked comfortable in Gailey's system last November and December and threw more TD's than any QB in our history in what was 6 consecutive elimination weeks.  Can you?

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick didn't fool me, friend.  You forget my "Jets Must Open 2-0 Or The Season Is Over" thread from back in August methinks.

2015 did happen and it was the best quarterback play we'd seen in decades.  I was ambivalent on resigning Fitz or going with Petty, but I can't blame the Jets brass for thinking our best chance of getting out of the gate with this brutal schedule at 3-3 was with the veteran who looked comfortable in Gailey's system last November and December and threw more TD's than any QB in our history in what was 6 consecutive elimination weeks.  Can you?

SAR I

I was against the Ryan Fitzpatrick signing as a knowledgable football fan I knew he played the easiest schedule in the NFL in 2015 and failed us when we needed him most. 

Ryan Fitzpatricks history is and was he's a failure and a choker I never lost sight of that. 

I was prepared for today how about you. 

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Woody is turning 70.  This is the year that owners start to see the end of the road and get antsy.  SAR I

Woody should sell the team then, and give Jets fans some hope for the future

13 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

5 million cap hit is nothing esp for a Qb. And neither is 12 mil on a one year deal. It's not just below average for a starter it's out of the ballpark low. You had to pay that if you wanted to sign him and they did. So it's a bad deal (because he hasn't played well) but a good deal (because it didn't cost much and was way under market).The Revis deal from day 1 was a bad deal. And that deal for a lot more money is the contract killer on this team. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't a starting QB. 

19 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I was against the Ryan Fitzpatrick signing as a knowledgable football fan I knew he played the easiest schedule in the NFL in 2015 and failed us when we needed him most. 

Ryan Fitzpatricks history is and was he's a failure and a choker I never lost sight of that. 

I was prepared for today how about you. 

If you'd like, I can go back to the Season Predictions thread where you had Ryan Fitzpatrick and the Jets at 12-4 or my It's A 4 Day Season thread where you said I was being pessimistic, needed a little faith, and had us as the Sleeper Team Of The AFC this year.

I don't mind your shilling for Geno Smith, but I do mind hypocrisy.  You felt good about Ryan Fitzpatrick, you felt good about the Jets as a playoff team or division winner back in August, so cut the revisionist history crap here in October, friend.

Typhoon today in Hong Kong has given me an unexpected day off stuck in the hotel.  I can go searching through lots of old threads for your true thoughts on Ryan Fitzpatrick all Winter, Spring, and Summer if you'd like.  One of us was prepared for today and saw this coming; it wasn't you.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

If you'd like, I can go back to the Season Predictions thread where you had Ryan Fitzpatrick and the Jets at 12-4 or my It's A 4 Day Season thread where you said I was being pessimistic, needed a little faith, and had us as the Sleeper Team Of The AFC this year.

I don't mind your shilling for Geno Smith, but I do mind hypocrisy.  You felt good about Ryan Fitzpatrick, you felt good about the Jets as a playoff team or division winner back in August, so cut the revisionist history crap here in October, friend.

Typhoon today in Hong Kong has given me an unexpected day off stuck in the hotel.  I can go searching through lots of old threads for your true thoughts on Ryan Fitzpatrick all Winter, Spring, and Summer if you'd like.

SAR I

SAR I I gave the Jets the 12-4 success I NEVER LIKED RYAN FITZPATRICK 

I SUPPORTED RYAN FITZPATRICK AS THE JETS QB 

Stay safe my friend. 

7 minutes ago, slats said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't a starting QB. 

Well, he was last year. And chances are he will be again this year. That's why for a guy with his resume you don't give him a multi-year deal. When you have an offense that clicks like it did last season you don't start playing games for a million or two with the player the team wanted back as starting Qb. It can screw things up and it very well might have. btw if we have plenty of depth why terrible play esp in the secondary. And that's the area where Mac spent so much money.  And where's the depth on the O-line. 

4 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Well, he was last year. And chances are he will be again this year. That's why for a guy with his resume you don't give him a multi-year deal. When you have an offense that clicks like it did last season you don't start playing games for a million or two with the player the team wanted back as starting Qb. It can screw things up and it very well might have. btw if we have plenty of depth why terrible play esp in the secondary. And that's the area where Mac spent so much money.  And where's the depth on the O-line. 

Last year he faced the easiest schedule in the NFL he has never made the playoffs with any of his 6 teams. Chalk the jersey purchase up as a loss drop it off at clothing box in the Home Depot parking and just drive away or drop it off at a Salvation Army or GoodWill place time heals. 

38 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

still calling Fitz a starter, aren't ya.

49 minutes ago, Bugg said:

You've made this point before, because sadly the Jets seem to get in exactly this position every few years. And in this case, if you have a guy you want, perhaps someone who knows how a competent offense works, or a Big Fish (Les Miles?) fine. If not, Bowles gets until next year to figure it out. 

Again, Les Miles is a guy who has a point to make and is sharp as a tack. He is a lot like Jim Harbaugh. If that's the plan and he wants the job, do it. If you have a guy you think is all that, fine.

But if you're gonna do CoordinatorPalooza again, then hang on to Bowles for 1 more year. If you fire Bowles without a clear plan for the next guy it's a bad idea. 

Les Miles? Fire Mac Fire Bowles. And while you're at it, fire the moron who recommended them in the first place. Have Miles run the organization. Make him an offer he can't refuse. 

Come on 9, you are a much better poster than that.

15 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

? Unless geno gets hurt in 1 of the next 3 games Ryan Fitzpatrick is done in ny, probably in NFL.. They gave him a lot of leeway after playing so bad because this was the plan. Once he is benched they aren't going backwards. If geno doesn't do too well after 5 games petty will be in there. 

2 hours ago, drdetroit said:

He pulls the trigger and fires Bowles after this season?  

Na. Teams like the Browns do things like that at the first sign of adversity. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick was historically awful, im talking about the worst 6 game stretch of his career and his career was already suspect. At the end of the day I understand that the defense has not looked good, but you can really get an idea of how an opponent's offense will respond when you put pressure on them by your offense scoring points. Our offense has been the worst that I've ever seen adding to putting the defense in impossible positions with turnovers and zero help in general when it came to scoring points. 

Bowles gets atleast 3 years imo. That means that he gets an opportunity to get atleast 1 season with a QB that was drafted by his regime. For him to lose his job with the QB's being Fitz/Geno would be terrible, and thats assuming that Geno ends up being what many fans pretty much expect. 

Bowles should have an opportunity with Petty/Hack before that decision is made. 

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Well it's not Geno. Look I'm for benching Fitz he deserves it but I think he reappears and plays. 

Do you think he deserves to start another NFL game?

Do you not see that he is a physically inferior QB?  He has a weak arm, he throws sidearm, he winds up to throw a simple slant, he throws hail mary passes where other QBs use a flick of a wrist to throw the same pass, he telegraphs his passes, he is a career losing QB, he has sucked, and couldn't get our team to the playoffs with the easiest schedule in the league.  You want him to play.  You call him a starter.  Open your focking eyes.  Bowles finally did.

21 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

? Unless geno gets hurt in 1 of the next 3 games Ryan Fitzpatrick is done in ny, probably in NFL.. They gave him a lot of leeway after playing so bad because this was the plan. Once he is benched they aren't going backwards. If geno doesn't do too well after 5 games petty will be in there. 

So playing Geno isn't going backwards? It's more like going back in time. Mac should be fired for this mess. Fitz actually bailed him out last year. It's been Mac's fatal flaw to not find a competent QB as soon as he was signed on as GM. He should have first cut Geno immediately and found a competent QB who was younger and had promise like Glennon. 

Just now, Powpow said:

So playing Geno isn't going backwards? It's more like going back in time. Mac should be fired for this mess. Fitz actually bailed him out last year. It's been Mac's fatal flaw to not find a competent QB as soon as he was signed on as GM. He should have first cut Geno immediately and found a competent QB who was younger and had promise like Glennon. 

Going backwards was signing a 34 year old journeyman gypsy bum Fitz won easy games any QB could have done the same if not better. Fitz benefitted from Marshall and Decker and the easy schedule did I mention that. Moving forward is finding a young QB with a future not a has been that never was, 

Good to see lots of support for Coach Bowles, I agree he deserves another year if he makes a change at DC

I know Kacy is his buddy but Todd can't be HC and DC at the same time, it's killing the 2016 Jets, I think he knows when to go for two but he is so busy with the defense that decisions like that slip past him and that is not good (Rex?)

The solution is to make a switch with Pepper Johnson, guy has fire and deserves a chance at DC, Kacy did a nice job with the d-line at Miami, win-win, so make it happen, captain

8 minutes ago, Powpow said:

Lol.. He should have never signed fitzgarbage.. what a waste of $$.. Yes I know your a geno hater so it's not going to make much sense to you. They still want to win games, fitz can't win. They are going to try geno.. yes the geno haters will say that won't happens.. But they will verify that before they go to petty.. There is plenty of games left to play petty if geno falters.. petty isn't ready yet anyway.. They really don't think hack is close to being ready to take a NFL snap.. maybe next yr

32 minutes ago, YankeeJet22 said:

Do you think he deserves to start another NFL game?

Do you not see that he is a physically inferior QB?  He has a weak arm, he throws sidearm, he winds up to throw a simple slant, he throws hail mary passes where other QBs use a flick of a wrist to throw the same pass, he telegraphs his passes, he is a career losing QB, he has sucked, and couldn't get our team to the playoffs with the easiest schedule in the league.  You want him to play.  You call him a starter.  Open your focking eyes.  Bowles finally did.

So what do you want to do ban him from the league. His play Monday night was not so horrible. He just didn't effectively move the team. Geno Smith wasn't exactly lights out the other night either. Two turnovers in a few minutes. Look I'm rooting for him and for us to win. I'm not rooting for Fitz to win the job back But in all honesty I don't see Geno keeping this job. If he does then ok.. My question. If he stinks and Bowles takes Geno out will he be a gentleman and good teammate about it. Or act the way he did on Monday night and being a me first player.  

Just now, Rangers9 said:

So what do you want to do ban him from the league. His play Monday night was not so horrible. He just didn't effectively move the team. Geno Smith wasn't exactly lights out the other night either. Two turnovers in a few minutes. Look I'm rooting for him and for us to win. I'm not rooting for Fitz to win the job back But in all honesty I don't see Geno winning this job. If he does then ok.. My question. If he stinks and Bowles takes Geno out will he be a gentleman and good teammate about it. Or act the way he did on Monday night and being a me first player.  

The road to recovery shave the beard bag up the Fitzpatrick jersey drive to Home Depot drop it off in the clothing bin box time heals. 

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Going backwards was signing a 34 year old journeyman gypsy bum Fitz won easy games any QB could have done the same if not better. Fitz benefitted from Marshall and Decker and the easy schedule did I mention that. Moving forward is finding a young QB with a future not a has been that never was, 

Fitz was never meant to be the starter. He was signed to be the backup and mentor to Petty and whoever else (Hack) Mac drafted. Geno had never been a serious consideration by Mac. He was a leftover from Idziot's draft, a cheap lousy insurance policy that bought him some time until he could find his franchise QB. Regardless of what happened to Geno last year or Fitz this year, this team was doomed with the stupid moves Mac has made. Fitz's fine season last year just covered up the numerous flaws Mac failed to address. It was remarkable they won 10 games last year.  Unfortunately, he's not the type of QB that can carry a team alone. 

13 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol.. He should have never signed fitzgarbage.. what a waste of $$.. Yes I know your a geno hater so it's not going to make much sense to you. They still want to win games, fitz can't win. They are going to try geno.. yes the geno haters will say that won't happens.. But they will verify that before they go to petty.. There is plenty of games left to play petty if geno falters.. petty isn't ready yet anyway.. They really don't think hack is close to being ready to take a NFL snap.. maybe next yr

Like I said, and what so many of you don't get....Geno was nothing more than a cheap transition to Mac's choice. Fitz, in all reality, was just viewed as a mentor to Petty NOT Geno. Upon signing, Playing Geno was the plan by Mac for some stupid reason since he just couldn't find anything better. Fitz was never even supposed to play, except only if Geno sh*t the bed. Instead, Genope got knocked out in more ways than one and lost the job which he initially won by default. And now once again he starts, by default. 

Archived