Your 2016-2017 New York Knicks Thread!!!

SMC

I know the Knicks are a disaster again but does Vegas get to rig every nba game?  Brandon Jennings gets pushed off on and then a moving pick pulled against him no call.  Rose gets murdered driving to the basket no call instead we see offensives called against him. Ron baker gets hit he himself gets a flagrant

Vince McMahon is jealous

16 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Come on man. I know Phil is the easy scapegoat here(and he deserves blame) but the owners fingerprints are still all over this team, between Melo's golden parachute and the Rose deal. 

Just what I thought, no proof. If you think Phil is a scapegoat you're being a willing fool. The biggest Dolan hater in Isola even says all the blame goes on Phil.

Dolan is freaking touring with his band for chrissake. He's not making decisions for Knicks while he's paying Phil $15 mil a year. Get a clue.

4 minutes ago, SMC said:

Just what I thought, no proof. If you think Phil is a scapegoat you're being a willing fool. The biggest Dolan hater in Isola even says all the blame goes on Phil.

Dolan is freaking touring with his band for chrissake. He's not making decisions for Knicks while he's paying Phil $15 mil a year. Get a clue.

You'll never get it. Everything is great. Carry on.

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

You'll never get it. Everything is great. Carry on.

Never get it?  Everything is great? WTF are you talking about?  Your Dolan Boogie Man routine is tired and completely belied by the facts.  

Phil Jackson is getting paid $15 mil per year to make decisions for the team.  He's making them.  The crappy decisions?  Phil made them.  The good decisions? He made them.

Saying that Dolan is the one responsible for Phil's bad decisions is stupid.  The fact that you still cling to that ridiculous notion despite all the evidence to the contrary demonstrates that you'll never get it.

7 minutes ago, SMC said:

Never get it?  Everything is great? WTF are you talking about?  Your Dolan Boogie Man routine is tired and completely belied by the facts.  

Phil Jackson is getting paid $15 mil per year to make decisions for the team.  He's making them.  The crappy decisions?  Phil made them.  The good decisions? He made them.

Saying that Dolan is the one responsible for Phil's bad decisions is stupid.  The fact that you still cling to that ridiculous notion despite all the evidence to the contrary demonstrates that you'll never get it.

You realize Melo's management team still has its hands all over MSG right? You realize Isiah Thomas still works for the company right?

whats going to be the best is when Phil leaves and Melo opts out and gets another max deal from Dolan. 

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

You realize Melo's management team still has its hands all over MSG right? You realize Isiah Thomas still works for the company right?

whats going to be the best is when Phil leaves and Melo opts out and gets another max deal from Dolan. 

Keep looking for the Boogie Man and giving Phil a free pass.

Melo getting a max deal at 34 with a bad knee and shoulder would be funny.

Next 8 or so game are essentially the season. Schedule gets brutal in Feb, if they can't string together something here Phil has to sell off what he can. Picks, younger guys, whatever. I'll actually tip my camp to Melo despite how awful he's been this year for wanting to stay committed to the organization, but come on man, sooner or later you've got to be reasonable. The Knicks gave it a shot this year and it's looking like it's going to fail, and that's fine, but at least get something in return for it. Guys like Jennings and Lee have value on the market for teams that want to make a run.

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Next 8 or so game are essentially the season. Schedule gets brutal in Feb, if they can't string together something here Phil has to sell off what he can. Picks, younger guys, whatever. I'll actually tip my camp to Melo despite how awful he's been this year for wanting to stay committed to the organization, but come on man, sooner or later you've got to be reasonable. The Knicks gave it a shot this year and it's looking like it's going to fail, and that's fine, but at least get something in return for it. Guys like Jennings and Lee have value on the market for teams that want to make a run.

Agreed.  Slots 5-8 are going to be around .500 all season so Knicks are still in striking distance and they can set themselves straight over the next 8 games.  The one thing they can't do is make a trade to bring in someone in order to chase that slotting.  

2 hours ago, Larz said:

so on the post game hahn and wally said it was obvious that Hornaceck was being allowed to play the guys he wants to finally.

any other sources on this ?  has phil been meddling?

Maybe Phil told a couple of those guys to stop acting like cvnts if they don't like that Hornacek isn't cowtowing to them?

DO IT DOUG

Carmelo Anthony’s stance hasn’t changed. He wants to remain a Knick. But in an exclusive interview with Newsday the Knicks star said he would consider leaving if that’s what the front office wanted. Anthony has a no-trade clause in his contract, but he said he would be willing to listen to management if they told him they wanted to make a change.

“I think it will be more on the front office,” Anthony told Newsday this week. “I have the power, but still I would talk to them. We would be in communication if they feel like they want to go in a different direction, they want to start rebuilding for the future. If they tell me they want to scrap this whole thing, yeah, I have to consider it.” The Knicks declined to comment.

• Upvote 1

On January 20, 2017 at 9:16 AM, RutgersJetFan said:

I get that Wall made a cool play, but are they just never calling double dribble in the NBA ever now? That's not a whistle anymore? 

The officiating in these games has been hideous.  This makes a dozen games lost by 3 points or less this season with refs blowing the other team

At least we get a top 4 pick in the draft and it's loaded at pg.  maybe the boys in Vegas in a couple years will be impressed by our young talent in a couple years to give us some point spreads 

No point in trading Anthony unless we get an expiring contract and or picks.  He only has two years left on his deal we have what's shaping up to be a top 4 pick in the draft

Worst thing Knicks can do is trade Anthony for an even worse contract just to get rid of him

They need to blow this up.  They have their 2017 1st which is great.

Trading Melo only makes sense if they get a 1st rounder and don't take back long term deals.  Melo only has 1 yr left because of an opt out next year

3 hours ago, SMC said:

They need to blow this up.  They have their 2017 1st which is great.

Trading Melo only makes sense if they get a 1st rounder and don't take back long term deals.  Melo only has 1 yr left because of an opt out next year

Well it blows itself up soon because Rose is FA after this year and Melo is gone soon after

We're not getting a 1st for Melo from a place he would waive his no trade clause for.  Please no Kevin Love if you people think Melo is a loser who collects stats wait until you see K-Love without Lebron doing everything

18 hours ago, thadude said:

Well it blows itself up soon because Rose is FA after this year and Melo is gone soon after

We're not getting a 1st for Melo from a place he would waive his no trade clause for.  Please no Kevin Love if you people think Melo is a loser who collects stats wait until you see K-Love without Lebron doing everything

I think the only way Melo garners a 1st is if it's a 3 way deal, like Melo to LAC, Griffen to Boston and Knicks get a 1st plus fillers

23 hours ago, thadude said:

I don't think Cleveland is an option unless it's a 3-way trade. Think they've already traded first rounders in two other years.