Your 2016-2017 New York Knicks Thread!!!

SMC

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

The chances of any team wanting Carmelo or him actually agreeing to a trade are basically zero. It's going to be an interesting offseason. Bringing him back would be absolutely insane. We're passing Arod territory here.

I agree.  But a team will trade for him at the right price.

Good to see Randle and the young guys play, but the win hurt the ping pongs.  They're now 9th in lottery seeding.  Fortunately, I see at least 8 losses on the horizon to end the month and potentially more.

20 hours ago, SMC said:

Great loss today.  Only 3 losses back of 3rd lottery seed.

The only issue with this tank is the owner had expectations for the team to be good. The chances of them making a stupid decision this offseason are heading towards 100%. Im talking trading for Cousins terrible. 

Phil and the triangle being the scapegoat for Carmelo and Rose being the new Marbury and Curry should make everyone nervous.

On 3/13/2017 at 7:23 PM, Matt39 said:

The only issue with this tank is the owner had expectations for the team to be good. The chances of them making a stupid decision this offseason are heading towards 100%. Im talking trading for Cousins terrible. 

Phil and the triangle being the scapegoat for Carmelo and Rose being the new Marbury and Curry should make everyone nervous.

Cousins only has 1 year left on his deal and there's already talk of him re-signing with Pelicans.

I do find it comical that you think anything that has to do with Phil is scapegoating.  These are all Phil's decisions.  Phil has said it and Satan has said it.  But live in the fantasy realm of Satan calling the shots while Phil makes one blunder after the other.  Phil has to be thankful for fans who give him a pass like you have.  Then again, Phil doesn't give a crap about anything but the triangle.

On 3/13/2017 at 7:54 PM, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Wow, had no idea how crazy Ball's pops is, good god. His sons should get a $1billion shoe deal. He would have "killed" MJ one-on-one in his heyday. Averaged 2.2 ppg in his one season of pro-ball. Sounds about right. Son is legit though, would love to have him.

Rob Perez likened Ball's pop's to the Kardashian mom and it makes 100% sense.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SMC said:

Rob Perez likened Ball's pop's to the Kardashian mom and it makes 100% sense.

It's a fitting comparison. And I was wrong, it was 2.2 ppg in college... I usually find Chuck intolerable, but I loved how he called out Ball. There's a strong argument for Ball being the best player in the draft, but I wonder at what point is his pops a liability. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SMC said:

Cousins only has 1 year left on his deal and there's already talk of him re-signing with Pelicans.

I do find it comical that you think anything that has to do with Phil is scapegoating.  These are all Phil's decisions.  Phil has said it and Satan has said it.  But live in the fantasy realm of Satan calling the shots while Phil makes one blunder after the other.  Phil has to be thankful for fans who give him a pass like you have.  Then again, Phil doesn't give a crap about anything but the triangle.

Phil has had one draft pick since he's been here. What have been Phil's decisions? Rose? He sucks but he's gone next year.  Who cares about the triangle. It's irrelevant to why the team sucks. They havent had any picks and they've been hamstrung by Carmelo. 

On 3/13/2017 at 6:54 PM, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Wow, had no idea how crazy Ball's pops is, good god. His sons should get a $1billion shoe deal. He would have "killed" MJ one-on-one in his heyday. Averaged 2.2 ppg in his one season of pro-ball. Sounds about right. Son is legit though, would love to have him.

The shoe deal figure honestly isn't as insane as the internet is making it out to be. Lebron's deal reaches that same figure, and while Curry's deal is for $200 million there have been estimates that he is worth something like $14 bill to UA. The sneaker industry is kind of preposterous right now and it doesn't look like that's changing any time soon. Absolutely zero chance he gets that kind of deal as a rookie, but I wouldn't be shocked at all if he signs a shorter deal so he can bank hard on a second contract and sets his demands that high.

17 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The shoe deal figure honestly isn't as insane as the internet is making it out to be. Lebron's deal reaches that same figure, and while Curry's deal is for $200 million there have been estimates that he is worth something like $14 bill to UA. The sneaker industry is kind of preposterous right now and it doesn't look like that's changing any time soon. Absolutely zero chance he gets that kind of deal as a rookie, but I wouldn't be shocked at all if he signs a shorter deal so he can bank hard on a second contract and sets his demands that high.

It's not as insane as it's made out to be, it was more a pile-on to his statement that he would have killed MJ in one-on-one. Part of me thinks he's just incredibly savy, as he can't actually believe that and he's just driving up his son's name recognition. Another part of me thinks he's actually bat-sh*t crazy.  The shoe-deal seems a bit odd, just because the middle sons isn't even enrolled in college yet and the third still has a couple years of high-school ball yet to play. If the other two are as good as Lonzo, then it could be a bargain for whatever company lands them.

21 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

It's not as insane as it's made out to be, it was more a pile-on to his statement that he would have killed MJ in one-on-one. Part of me thinks he's just incredibly savy, as he can't actually believe that and he's just driving up his son's name recognition. Another part of me thinks he's actually bat-sh*t crazy.  The shoe-deal seems a bit odd, just because the middle sons isn't even enrolled in college yet and the third still has a couple years of high-school ball yet to play. If the other two are as good as Lonzo, then it could be a bargain for whatever company lands them.

I don't know what to make of the guy. On the one hand he says crazy sh*t, on the other the only people who seem to care about this are bitchy white people on the internet and Charles Barkley. 

6 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I don't know what to make of the guy. On the one hand he says crazy sh*t, on the other the only people who seem to care about this are bitchy white people on the internet and Charles Barkley. 

Ehh, I've just never cared for parents dominating headlines over their children, could have been Lauri Markkanen's pops and I would have felt the same way. I dunno, I grew up with some insanely over-bearing dads while playing sports and it always drove me nuts. However, I think watching Chuck and Ball play one-on-one would be brilliant tv

4 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Ehh, I've just never cared for parents dominating headlines over their children, could have been Lauri Markkanen's pops and I would have felt the same way. I dunno, I grew up with some insanely over-bearing dads while playing sports and it always drove me nuts. However, I think watching Chuck and Ball play one-on-one would be brilliant tv

Watch Trophy Kids on Netflix. That sh*t will murder your soul. Some people just shouldn't be parents.

After the Knicks started 14-10, they've gone 13-32, which is incredible.

The Knicks, Suns, Magic and Sixers all have tough schedules down the stretch but are within 4 games in the loss column.  That's going to decide lottery seeds 3 through 6.

9 hours ago, SMC said:

The Knicks, Suns, Magic and Sixers all have tough schedules down the stretch but are within 4 games in the loss column.  That's going to decide lottery seeds 3 through 6.

As long as Carmelo plays we're looking at top 3. Might be the worst player in the NBA who's allowed to take shots.

13 hours ago, Matt39 said:

As long as Carmelo plays we're looking at top 3. Might be the worst player in the NBA who's allowed to take shots.

We can only hope, but it's going to be tough to catch Suns who have 5 more losses after Magic beat them last night.  I think Melo & Knicks are up to challenge.  Those 2 Nets loses were huge for Knicks future.

On March 15, 2017 at 8:07 PM, Matt39 said:

Phil has had one draft pick since he's been here. What have been Phil's decisions? Rose? He sucks but he's gone next year.  Who cares about the triangle. It's irrelevant to why the team sucks. They havent had any picks and they've been hamstrung by Carmelo. 

The only real mistake Phil made was resigning Carmelo

The Knicks were a dumpster fire falling apart when he got here.  It was a veteran team whose window closed and unless you get to sign Lebron James it takes 3-5 years minimum to rebuild in the nba

Of the 4 teams picking top 4 in 2015 all 4 are basically in the same or worse predicament this season

On March 17, 2017 at 11:47 AM, SMC said:

About half of those losses were by 5 points or less.  Incredibly frustrating season.  

At least we have a 1-15 Jets team to look forward to

Bostonets, Lakers and Suns have locked up the top 3 lottery seeds, but there is still a good battle for the 4th spot between the Knicks, Kings, Sixers and Magic, all separated by 2 games in the loss column.

Magic currently have the lead with 2 games up in the loss column over Knicks.  Magic have 26 wins and Knicks have 27.  If Magic can win 2 more and the Knicks none, the Knicks are in pretty good shape for 4th spot.

Problem is that they're all losing at same time so Knicks cant take full advantage of this soon to be 0-4 road trip

2 hours ago, SMC said:

Gobert's shot chart looks like a bullseye.

Another good loss last night.  I hope they don't win another game for the rest of the season.

Have they changed the lottery at all? Is it impossible for the KNicks to get one? Are the top 3 locked? Forget...

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Have they changed the lottery at all? Is it impossible for the KNicks to get one? Are the top 3 locked? Forget...

Still lottery for top 3

If Silver has any brains he will give us the 1 pick.  These small market teams like San Antonio and Cleveland who bench their star players in national games will catch up with the ratings and the networks are bitching 

C'mon Adam, we're only the league's biggest market with most dedicated fanbase and we don't bench our players every other game 

3 minutes ago, thadude said:

Still lottery for top 3

If Silver has any brains he will give us the 1 pick.  These small market teams like San Antonio and Cleveland who bench their star players in national games will catch up with the ratings and the networks are bitching 

C'mon Adam, we're only the league's biggest market with most dedicated fanbase and we don't bench our players every other game 

Ball would be a total game changer here man. Even with his old man and all being a pain. He's like a Kidd/Rondo with a jumper. He's as cant miss as Towns was.

On 3/15/2017 at 7:40 PM, BroadwayJoe12 said:

It's a fitting comparison. And I was wrong, it was 2.2 ppg in college... I usually find Chuck intolerable, but I loved how he called out Ball. There's a strong argument for Ball being the best player in the draft, but I wonder at what point is his pops a liability. 

My guess is the dad will continue as a distraction in the pros, he won't go away. Drafting Ball will create a team circus environment, he'll make whatever team much better but never good enough to win it all and the father will not only remain the anchor or noose around his son's neck but for whatever team he plays for. With great regret I would stay as far away from the kid as possible. 

13 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Ball would be a total game changer here man. Even with his old man and all being a pain. He's like a Kidd/Rondo with a jumper. He's as cant miss as Towns was.

I feel like, yeah, say this now but 4-5 years into his career, a couple missed shots in clutch spots and only 1 to none playoff series wins, and the dad still making crazy headlines every other week, you'd/we'd all be singing a different tune and fast.