Your 2016-2017 New York Knicks Thread!!!

SMC

On February 14, 2017 at 10:41 PM, Integrity28 said:

Love injury help odds of Melo to Cavs?

Again why on earth do you guys want Kevin Love?  Just to get rid of Melo? 

Draymond doesn't get that ridiculous suspension in the nba finals last year Lebron opts out of Cleveland again just because of Kevin Love

On February 14, 2017 at 3:20 PM, SMC said:

I'm doing my stretches to get ready to jump on the Frank Ntilikina bandwagon.  

So long as Knicks stay in the top 8 lottery seeding, they should be fine.

Give me some Lonzo Ball

C'mon Adam Silver, show us some love we're only your rigged league's most profitable franchise

45 minutes ago, thadude said:

Again why on earth do you guys want Kevin Love?  Just to get rid of Melo? 

Draymond doesn't get that ridiculous suspension in the nba finals last year Lebron opts out of Cleveland again just because of Kevin Love

Why would I suggest trading Melo for an injured Kevin Love. My hope was that the Cavs trade for Melo because of Love's injury - as obviously implied by the language in the post you're quoting. 

I'd like to see something more like send Love to Boston, Melo to Cavs, and the Nets 1st rounder to the Knicks.

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Why would I suggest trading Melo for an injured Kevin Love. My hope was that the Cavs trade for Melo because of Love's injury - as obviously implied by the language in the post you're quoting. 

I'd like to see something more like send Love to Boston, Melo to Cavs, and the Nets 1st rounder to the Knicks.

Yep.  Love is a trade chip for Knicks

3 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Great. Then trade him there. Who cares.

They've been trying to trade Melo to Boston since last year he has a no trade clause and doesn't want to go there 

Cleveland is desperate to move Love and try to get something for him.  That's why you keep hearing Lebron b-tch

Kings make the Knicks look functional.  How do the Kings give up Boogie for a 2017 1st, the 2016 1st round bust the Pels just drafted, and fillers.

Boogie doesn't become a FA until 2018, which means he has a full season and a half with Pels.  It's not like he's gone this July.  Makes no sense.

Also, the Lakers had a deal for Cousins but didn't want to give up Ingram.  Dumb decision.

17 minutes ago, SMC said:

Kings make the Knicks look functional.  How do the Kings give up Boogie for a 2017 1st, the 2016 1st round bust the Pels just drafted, and fillers.

Boogie doesn't become a FA until 2018, which means he has a full season and a half with Pels.  It's not like he's gone this July.  Makes no sense.

Also, the Lakers had a deal for Cousins but didn't want to give up Ingram.  Dumb decision.

Probably because Cousins isnt that good and is a gigantic pain in the ass?

19 minutes ago, SMC said:

Amazing, right?  I mean, wtf are Kings thinking?  The Pelicans basically just got Boogie for free.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

This is probably true but the guy averages 20 and 10.  Not too many guys around the league like that. 

Takes a ton of shots to get there. He's also not a great offensive rebounder for a guy who grabs that many boards. Add in the fact that he's crazy, it's not surprising what the Kings got...or the fact people seem to think they got fleeced.

Boogie is a headcase, no question, but Kings could've gotten more.

The best part for me is Ainge was supposedly hot for Boogie and wanted to call the Kings' bluff seeking the Nets' 2017 pick and then Boogie goes to Pels.

Ainge keeps waiting for Butler and George being available, but neither are getting traded.  

14 minutes ago, SMC said:

The best part for me is Ainge was supposedly hot for Boogie and wanted to call the Kings' bluff seeking the Nets' 2017 pick and then Boogie goes to Pels.

Ainge keeps waiting for Butler and George being available, but neither are getting traded.  

Personally I think the Celtics are just waiting for Lebron to get old.

54 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Personally I think the Celtics are just waiting for Lebron to get old.

Unfortunately, when that happens the rest of the Celtics' roster will be getting old as well.  With all their picks they still haven't drafted anyone better than IT and he's not getting any younger.

Latest reports are that the Knicks and TWolves are discussing Rose for Rubio swap and I say go for it.  Rubio makes $13m a year for next 2, which is less than Rose.  Although Rose is a FA, the Knicks are not signing a top PG FA anyway this summer, so they might as well get someone serviceable (even though Rubio can't shoot).

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, SMC said:

Latest reports are that the Knicks and TWolves are discussing Rose for Rubio swap and I say go for it.  Rubio makes $13m a year for next 2, which is less than Rose.  Although Rose is a FA, the Knicks are not signing a top PG FA anyway this summer, so they might as well get someone serviceable (even though Rubio can't shoot).

He's a pass first pg who plays defense

2 things Rose isnt

21 hours ago, SMC said:

I don't know who is more overrated Cousins or Love.  Both guys sh-t out double doubles and both guys lose

Don't know why the nba keeps hooking up New Orleans.  Tom Benson must have naked pics of Stern

22 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Probably because Cousins isnt that good and is a gigantic pain in the ass?

Kings could have gotten way more  for Cousins and I think he's totally overrated

Phil Jackson got killed for not getting multiple hall of famers for JR Smith who totally sucks.  Cousins is a 27 and 10 guy

Cousins is actually a pretty good passing big man who can also shoot from the outside.  His defense sucks but he's more efficient on the offensive end than you guys are crediting him for, especially when he had such a sh*tty team around him. 

He's a headcase and an a$$hole, that's undeniable. 

It'll very interesting seeing what New Orleans does pairing a dominant big man and a sometimes dominant big man together like that.  We're about to find out if the Twin Towers mentality can still work in the NBA. 

Dumbest part about that deal is that the 1st rounder is top-3 protected.  Kings are a terrible organization and Vlade Divac must be a drunk. 

19 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Really hoping that there's some truth to the Rubio/Rose stuff today. Most underwritten story of the past couple years is his progression. Guy's great.

If the Knicks can get Rubio and have a lottery pick this summer that would be awesome 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Cousins is actually a pretty good passing big man who can also shoot from the outside.  His defense sucks but he's more efficient on the offensive end than you guys are crediting him for, especially when he had such a sh*tty team around him. 

He's a headcase and an a$$hole, that's undeniable. 

It'll very interesting seeing what New Orleans does pairing a dominant big man and a sometimes dominant big man together like that.  We're about to find out if the Twin Towers mentality can still work in the NBA. 

Dumbest part about that deal is that the 1st rounder is top-3 protected.  Kings are a terrible organization and Vlade Divac must be a drunk. 

Divac didn't even tell Cousins he was traded a reporter broke the news to him