Your 2016-2017 New York Knicks Thread!!!

SMC

1 hour ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

kristaps took a step back this year......I you could parlay him into Fox, Monk (with our pick), and a future first rounder you would have to consider it

No he didn't. 

Trading KP for 2 guys who couldn't even get Kentucky into the NCAA final?  Monk is a midget for his position and Fox can't shoot.  They're projects as much as anyone.  You don't trade KP for prospects who are only 1 or 2 yrs younger than him.

Why is everyone so outraged?  Phil should be exploring what he could get for KP there are teams out there with a lot of assets.  If we can get a treasure trove go for it

If the Celtics give us the #3 pick overall plus the Nets first round pick next year and the Lakers first round pick next year that's a great trade for the knicks

1 hour ago, SMC said:

No he didn't. 

Trading KP for 2 guys who couldn't even get Kentucky into the NCAA final?  Monk is a midget for his position and Fox can't shoot.  They're projects as much as anyone.  You don't trade KP for prospects who are only 1 or 2 yrs younger than him.

If we get the 3 pick Phil is drafting Josh Jackson.  Jackson has the potential to be a great wing player in the NBA like a Kawhi Leonard

3 hours ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

kristaps took a step back this year......I you could parlay him into Fox, Monk (with our pick), and a future first rounder you would have to consider it

If we get a combination of Josh Jackson, Ntikilina or Monk or Smith, plus the Net and Laker first round picks next year sign me the f up

Tweets saying Knicks are asking an insanely high price which includes taking on Noah's deal. I'm starting to get the feeling this was just Phil ******* with people to see if they'd take some bait; which would be kind of ****ed up considering how strained the relationship with KP was starting to get.

29 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Tweets saying Knicks are asking an insanely high price which includes taking on Noah's deal. I'm starting to get the feeling this was just Phil ******* with people to see if they'd take some bait; which would be kind of ****ed up considering how strained the relationship with KP was starting to get.

KP needs to know his place though. Skipping team meetings and tweeting out Clippers.  He's not above getting traded especially if the Celts offer us their treasure trove

31 minutes ago, thadude said:

KP needs to know his place though. Skipping team meetings and tweeting out Clippers.  He's not above getting traded especially if the Celts offer us their treasure trove

All of this sh*t is getting leaked by Melo and Porzingis' agents. They both want Phil fired. Phil isnt leaking this. Meeting with Markannen is just due diligence anyways- he's a good prospect.

1 hour ago, thadude said:

Also, how pumped are you for the E60 from Latvia this Sunday? Hopefully get some sweet boxing promo's from Mr. Unicorn too.

1 hour ago, thadude said:

Place? KP got what he wanted and brought harsh light on Phil's clueless ass.

This doesn't hurt KP one bit. Janis already said KP is testing the market in 2 yrs. He'll get a mega deal from someone.

2 hours ago, thadude said:

If we get the 3 pick Phil is drafting Josh Jackson.  Jackson has the potential to be a great wing player in the NBA like a Kawhi Leonard

Jackson is a 6'8" prospect who disappeared in the NCAA tournament. He couldn't even do what Winslow did.

You'd have to have your head examined if you'd give up KP for any pick in this draft.

15 minutes ago, SMC said:

This doesn't hurt KP one bit. Janis already said KP is testing the market in 2 yrs. He'll get a mega deal from someone.

KP needs to worry about playing better. All of this other noise is irrelevant to his game. His perception of himself vs reality is all out of whack. Play a full season first at least.

1 hour ago, SMC said:

Knicks will be able to pay him $30 million more than any other team.  The megadeal you refer to is us getting a bunch of picks and that's if he becomes a great player

1 hour ago, SMC said:

Jackson is a 6'8" prospect who disappeared in the NCAA tournament. He couldn't even do what Winslow did.

You'd have to have your head examined if you'd give up KP for any pick in this draft.

It's not 1995 anymore traditional big men are irrelevant.  It's a PG and Wing league.

49 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Well slice me up with some shallots and call me Ray Liotta in Hannibal, because I'd trade him for Fultz or Jackson most def.

Quick who's more valuable in today's nba a guard like Curry or Harden or a 25 and 10 Center like Cousins?

3 minutes ago, thadude said:

Quick who's more valuable in today's nba a guard like Curry or Harden or a 25 and 10 Center like Cousins?

Curry and Harden are because they're superstars and Cousins is no where near one. If Shaq or Duncan were 25 right now they'd be just as valuable.

Towns, AD and Gobert are all highly valuable players.

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Curry and Harden are because they're superstars and Cousins is no where near one. If Shaq or Duncan were 25 right now they'd be just as valuable.

Towns, AD and Gobert are all highly valuable players.

Cousins would be a top 5 player in the 90's.  Today's rules favor Point Guards and perimeter players which is why ok players like Kyle Lowry and Derozen in Tornontto can win almost 60 games but Cousins and Anthony Davis can't make the 8th seed

Just now, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Is this a serious question?

No it's rhetorical because the rule changes have made it a PG and Wing league

I want KP on my team and I would only trade him for a monster offer but this is not the 90's there are 3-4 players in this draft who are better and more valuable going forward

Cousins would be a top 5 player in the 90's.  Today's rules favor Point Guards and perimeter players which is why ok players like Kyle Lowry and Derozen in Tornontto can win almost 60 games but Cousins and Anthony Davis can't make the 8th seed

Cousins, besides being a total headcase, is an inefficient chucker plus turnover machine. He gets hyped because he puts up a high PPG and his moves look good. 

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Cousins, besides being a total headcase, is an inefficient chucker plus turnover machine. He gets hyped because he puts up a high PPG and his moves look good. 

How many times has Anthony Davis made the playoffs? He's the best Center in the NBA

Andre Drummond in Detroit is a wonderful Center yet the Pistons don't even have a shot in the weak East

How many times has Anthony Davis made the playoffs? He's the best Center in the NBA

Andre Drummond in Detroit is a wonderful Center yet the Pistons don't even have a shot in the weak East

Davis has had issues staying healthy and his supporting cast is awful. Him and Towns are both on brutal rosters. Look at Utah as a team though, Gobert has made a massive impact there. Jokic in Denver too if you want to consider him a C. Marc Gasol too. sh*t, a prime Pau would still be awesome now.

43 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Davis has had issues staying healthy and his supporting cast is awful. Him and Towns are both on brutal rosters. Look at Utah as a team though, Gobert has made a massive impact there. Jokic in Denver too if you want to consider him a C. Marc Gasol too. sh*t, a prime Pau would still be awesome now.

And in addition to all those already listed DeAndre Jordan has been in the top two in the league in wins produced for four straight years which is literally unheard of.

40 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Not only does Towns have Wiggins he has the best head coach in the NBA.  Andre Drummond would have the Pistons in the eastern conference finals every in the 90's with an identical supporting cast he can't even win a playoff series now.  Your next point is dreaming up hypotheticals

I'm going to get pegged as a KP hater but I'm not I like him a lot.  But Phil can't be blamed for chasing a treasure trove in draft picks from Boston especially when the 3 pick in this year's draft could easily be a more valuable player by himself

2 minutes ago, thadude said:

Not only does Towns have Wiggins he has the best head coach in the NBA.  Andre Drummond would have the Pistons in the eastern conference finals every in the 90's with an identical supporting cast he can't even win a playoff series now.  Your next point is dreaming up hypotheticals

I'm going to get pegged as a KP hater but I'm not I like him a lot.  But Phil can't be blamed for chasing a treasure trove in draft picks from Boston especially when the 3 pick in this year's draft could easily be a more valuable player by himself

I dont dislike Porzingis, it's just the hype that's gotten insane. People in meltdown mode over potentially moving a guy who cant stay healthy or rebound for his size. His shooting numbers have been average. His potential is based off of his size, which is risky anyways. Not to mention his brother is his agent, ran off to Europe when the team told him not to etc. It's just been trending in a weird direction.

Wiggins isnt good man. He takes a lot of shots and really cant shoot. Not to mention he doesnt give you much else. He fits into that big name, little value tier. sh*t look what Deangelo Russell was just moved for- nothing.