Your 2016-2017 New York Knicks Thread!!!

SMC

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Right. It takes multiple good players to win 50+ games every year. Pair Paul with a healthy Davis or Towns you're going to win.

Deandre Jordan with a mediocre PG is winning 30 games per season.  He has no shot, can't even shoot free throws.  He's a great defender and rebounder but has no offense other than what Paul gives him in layups or put backs

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

I dont dislike Porzingis, it's just the hype that's gotten insane.

And that's why it's actually smart to shop Porzingis now and see if we can actually get the mother offer load for him now. I love KP but he's simply a good asset at this point

6 hours ago, thadude said:

Deandre Jordan with a mediocre PG is winning 30 games per season.  He has no shot, can't even shoot free throws.  He's a great defender and rebounder but has no offense other than what Paul gives him in layups or put backs

That doesn't make him not a great player though either. It takes multiple good players to win. The Clippers have 3 guys and a bunch of nothing else and manage to win 50 games. The Knicks have been winning 30 every year for the last 17.

Nicely done Phil

But that’s changed. And this week’s news that Kristaps Porzingis could be on the trading block only made things worse. “I was talking to one of our players the other day, a free agent, and we were looking at our options,” one agent said. “And

it used to be, ‘Yeah, get me to New York.’ Even when they were struggling, there are guys who want to be in the city. But he was saying, ‘no, no, not that environment, not now.’ They’re not just alienating their own players, they’re alienating all players. They’re making things hard on themselves there.”

There are 30 teams, and you don’t want to write off anybody, because there’s only so many rotation spots around the league,” another agent said. “But of course you’d have to be worried about sending a guy to New York with this front office, especially an upper-level guy. Because he might be doing what he can to help and you might have the team president there ripping him in the media like it’s his fault or putting him in trade rumors.

“No one wants that. You have to be concerned about that.”

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/nba-trade-rumors-knicks-news-kristaps-porzingis-carmelo-anthony-contract-phil-jackson/nufpy2n7ssxw1jsj260rvtyy1?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

11 hours ago, thadude said:

This is a serious post. I don't even get it. Like, he's great at creating possessions and using possessions efficiently, but he's bad at taking shots you don't want your team taking anyway, so **** that guy. Maybe Jordan should do the thing where he eats up the shot clock doing ball fakes, jab steps three times, then throws up a contested deep 2. Because, you knows, that's what real stars do.

5 hours ago, Matt39 said:

That doesn't make him not a great player though either. It takes multiple good players to win. 

Defensive 3 second rule also takes value away from Deandre Jordan because he can't stay in the paint he has to go out to the perimeter most of the time

Flabbergasted that people would consider trading KP for Jackson, who's only 6'7 without shoes and only a 6'10 wingspan, shot 56 % FT and 37% from the college 3 and only averaged 16 ppg.

Jackson isn't even the same class of measurables as Leonard.  Stop with the insanity

2 hours ago, SMC said:

Flabbergasted that people would consider trading KP for Jackson, who's only 6'7 without shoes and only a 6'10 wingspan, shot 56 % FT and 37% from the college 3 and only averaged 16 ppg.

Jackson isn't even the same class of measurables as Leonard.  Stop with the insanity

I mean the chances of anyone in this class being good as Kawhi who's at worst a top 5 player...is minimal.

4 hours ago, SMC said:

Yeah cuz a 6'10 wingspan is sooooo short and basketball iq and athleticism don't factor into it.  Not to mention Jackson has excellent handles and is a much better shooter than you make him out to be

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I dont think you're getting more than one (good) pick for him. 

Ok then don't make the trade.  I just love the outrage over trying to bait the Celtics into making a package offer to us

SMC is running around saying Phil is trading KP straight up for 1 draft pick.  I dont tthink that's happening but whatevs

Phil just said on MSG that he's willing to trade KP for ONE draft pick and 2 starters.  So I have no clue, thadude, where you think the Celtics are giving up multiple picks for him.

Phil is an absolute jackass.

And read up on Jackson,  A 6'10 wingspan for a wing is AVERAGE.  Leonard has a 7'3" wingspan.  Durant has a 7'5" wingspan.  Jackson is a nice prospect.  Not a star.  And he'll get crushed by the NY media if he traded for KP.

15 minutes ago, SMC said:

Phil just said on MSG that he's willing to trade KP for ONE draft pick and 2 starters. 

Ok and what is wrong with that?  I'm a KP fan but you make him out to be he is Hakeem Olajuwon and this is early 90's NBA defense rules

And btw nobody knows who Phil wants at 3.  I don't.  Neither do you.  It could be Jackson, who could be really good in spite of your hatred for him, or it could be Fox or Tatum or some other excellent prospect

15 minutes ago, SMC said:

Phil just said on MSG that he's willing to trade KP for ONE draft pick and 2 starters.  So I have no clue, thadude, where you think the Celtics are giving up multiple picks for him.

Phil is an absolute jackass.

And read up on Jackson,  A 6'10 wingspan for a wing is AVERAGE.  Leonard has a 7'3" wingspan.  Durant has a 7'5" wingspan.  Jackson is a nice prospect.  Not a star.  And he'll get crushed by the NY media if he traded for KP.

What's Isaac's wingspan?

1 minute ago, thadude said:

Ok and what is wrong with that?  I'm a KP fan but you make him out to be he is Hakeem Olajuwon and this is early 90's NBA defense rules

KP is not a traditional big.  He's a stretch 5 perfectly made for the modern NBA.  He's a 7'3" small ball 5.

But besides that, KP is literally better than every player the Knicks could trade for in the top 4 picks.  Only an idiot would trade a 21 yr old star.  But hey, might as well wave the pompom for Phil.

1 minute ago, SMC said:

KP is not a traditional big.  He's a stretch 5 perfectly made for the modern NBA.  He's a 7'3" small ball 5.

But besides that, KP is literally better than every player the Knicks could trade for in the top 4 picks.  Only an idiot would trade a 21 yr old star.  But hey, might as well wave the pompom for Phil.

I'm baffled that people refer to him as a star already. There's nothing he's done that even remotely signals a star yet. The health, efficiency, rebounding and fouls are all trending in the wrong direction.