Your 2016-2017 New York Knicks Thread!!!

SMC

Just now, SMC said:

KP is not a traditional big.  He's a stretch 5 perfectly made for the modern NBA.  He's a 7'3" small ball 5.

But besides that, KP is literally better than every player the Knicks could trade for in the top 4 picks.  Only an idiot would trade a 21 yr old star.  But hey, might as well wave the pompom for Phil.

There are players in this draft who are going to have better careers than Porzingis.  The same people acting like Porzingis is untradeable like Stephen A Smith bashed him two years ago when Phil drafted him.  My pom poms are right here baby I'm secure in my manhood

Just now, thadude said:

There are players in this draft who are going to have better careers than Porzingis.  The same people acting like Porzingis is untradeable like Stephen A Smith bashed him two years ago when Phil drafted him.  My pom poms are right here baby I'm secure in my manhood

Every player in this draft is a prospect.  KP is a productive 21 yr old.  Huge difference.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

I'm baffled that people refer to him as a star already. There's nothing he's done that even remotely signals a star yet. The health, efficiency, rebounding and fouls are all trending in the wrong direction.

SMC is right about KP having star potential. I agree on that. I just think in today's PG and Wing NBA a very good PG or Wing gets you more wins than a very good Center.  Throw in a couple good players or picks and getting a package like that is a no brainer

Just now, thadude said:

SMC is right about KP having star potential. I agree on that. I just think in today's PG and Wing NBA a very good PG or Wing gets you more wins than a very good Center.  Throw in a couple good players or picks and getting a package like that is a no brainer

He'll always have potential because of his height. 

Just now, Matt39 said:

He'll always have potential because of his height. 

No KP can absolutely play and I am a fan of his.  But If the Celts offered 3 first round picks or Phoenix offered the 4 pick plus other first round picks and Devin Booker I'm sorry it's not out of the realm of logic to at least have that conversation.  

6 minutes ago, thadude said:

No KP can absolutely play and I am a fan of his.  But If the Celts offered 3 first round picks or Phoenix offered the 4 pick plus other first round picks and Devin Booker I'm sorry it's not out of the realm of logic to at least have that conversation.  

Phoenix isn't offering multiple 1st rounders AND Booker.  Let's talk real trade scenarios.  There's no one worth trading for in a REALISTIC trade scenario.

The NBA thinks Phil is an idiot as an exec.  He's lost every trade he's made.  They'll try to fleece him.

1 minute ago, SMC said:

Phoenix isn't offering multiple 1st rounders AND Booker.  Let's talk real trade scenarios.  There's no one worth trading for in a REALISTIC trade scenario.

The NBA thinks Phil is an idiot as an exec.  He's lost every trade he's made.  They'll try to fleece him.

Yeah I know you're in the room an/or have the phones tapped.  Booker and the 4 pick would be a very solid trade btw if it makes you feel better he has that coveted 7'0 wingspan and averaged 22 ppg last season (more than KP) and is only 20.

1 minute ago, thadude said:

Yeah I know you're in the room an/or have the phones tapped.  Booker and the 4 pick would be a very solid trade btw if it makes you feel better he has that coveted 7'0 wingspan and averaged 22 ppg last season (more than KP) and is only 20.

It was already reported that Phil spoke to Suns and asked for Booker, but Suns said no.

Again, I'm saying realistic trade offers.  Suns aren't offering booker.

Just now, SMC said:

It was already reported that Phil spoke to Suns and asked for Booker, but Suns said no.

Again, I'm saying realistic trade offers.  Suns aren't offering booker.

If they don't then don't make the deal.  You're outraged that Phil is even asking the question to them

2 minutes ago, thadude said:

If they don't then don't make the deal.  You're outraged that Phil is even asking the question to them

No, I'm not outraged Phil is asking.  I'm outraged that the hypocritical old fool who is an utter failure as an executive is considering the only good move he's made.  BTW, Shaq skipped an exit interview with Phil.

1 minute ago, SMC said:

No, I'm not outraged Phil is asking.  I'm outraged that the hypocritical old fool who is an utter failure as an executive is considering the only good move he's made.  BTW, Shaq skipped an exit interview with Phil.

Yeah I know because Phil had assets up the ass when he took over as GM.  It's not like the Knicks didn't trade a decade's worth of first round picks for Anthony.  Phil is a good evaluator of young talent (KP, Hernangomez, Kuzminskas) give him all the first round picks he can get.

5 minutes ago, thadude said:

Yeah I know because Phil had assets up the ass when he took over as GM.  It's not like the Knicks didn't trade a decade's worth of first round picks for Anthony.  Phil is a good evaluator of young talent (KP, Hernangomez, Kuzminskas) give him all the first round picks he can get.

Well, he's had 2 1st round picks and he traded one and now is trying to trade the other.

My daughter is going to graduate from Kindergarten tomorrow, so nothing is going to ruin that. 

**** Phil. **** Dolan. **** the Knicks.  It's just a game.  Gives me more freedom in the fall anyway if I'm not interested in watching their games.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SMC said:

My daughter is going to graduate from Kindergarten tomorrow, so nothing is going to ruin that. 

**** Phil. **** Dolan. **** the Knicks.  It's just a game.  Gives me more freedom in the fall anyway if I'm not interested in watching their games.

I like Jackson a lot, but it's starting to sink in that the Knicks might move the one thing they have actually gotten right in like 20 years because of nothing more than the fact that he skipped an interview. That is just nuts.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I like Jackson a lot, but it's starting to sink in that the Knicks might move the one thing they have actually gotten right in like 20 years because of nothing more than the fact that he skipped an interview. That is just nuts.

If I understand the parameters of what Jackson wants via trade, we'd be giving up Porzingas and getting a top 4 pick, and a good player, plus keeping our 7th pick? Right? I mean, given the nature of this draft class, that's not really terrible. 

If you want a young nucleus to grow together, then something like Josh Jackson, Frank Ntilinka and an established player could really give us a jolt towards roster overhaul. How the eff do we get rid of Melo, though...?

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

If I understand the parameters of what Jackson wants via trade, we'd be giving up Porzingas and getting a top 4 pick, and a good player, plus keeping our 7th pick? Right? I mean, given the nature of this draft class, that's not really terrible. 

If you want a young nucleus to grow together, then something like Josh Jackson, Frank Ntilinka and an established player could really give us a jolt towards roster overhaul. How the eff do we get rid of Melo, though...?

And if we don't get a package like what you're talking about all we have to do is nothing and keep Porzingis

This is a great draft.  Poppovich is offering Aldridge to try to get a top 10 pick that speaks volumes

CBS is reporting that Boston is trying to swing a trade with Minny for the #7 overall, which would replace the request for next year's Brooklyn pick. Original demand from Phil was insane. #3 overall, next year's BK pick, Crowder, and Jaylen Brown. Basically the entire Nets trade AND Crowder. Woof.

this year’s No. 3 overall pick, next year’s Brooklyn pick (owned by Boston), Jaylen Brown and Jae Crowder in exchange for Porzingis.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2017/06/nba-rumors-heres-what-knicks-want-from-celtics-in-kristaps-porzingis-trade/
  • Upvote 1

This is encouraging.

But that teams are surprised that Phil's asking price for KP is ridiculous is telling.  It means that teams think that they can fleece Phil.

Ainge is crazy if he thinks he can get KP for only 1 draft pick.

That's is how you appropriately value such a player.