Your 2016-2017 New York Knicks Thread!!!

SMC

2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

CBS is reporting that Boston is trying to swing a trade with Minny for the #7 overall, which would replace the request for next year's Brooklyn pick. Original demand from Phil was insane. #3 overall, next year's BK pick, Crowder, and Jaylen Brown. Basically the entire Nets trade AND Crowder. Woof.

this year’s No. 3 overall pick, next year’s Brooklyn pick (owned by Boston), Jaylen Brown and Jae Crowder in exchange for Porzingis.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2017/06/nba-rumors-heres-what-knicks-want-from-celtics-in-kristaps-porzingis-trade/

B-but I-I tawt Phil was trading Porzingis for a carton a eggs

If we can get the 3 pick, the 7 pick plus Crowder - holy cow

Celtics should just cave and give Phil what he wants.  Next year's Net pick, even though it's going to be top 3, won't help them beat Lebron and if he stays in the East after next season they have 0 shot at ever beating him.  At least with KP the Celtics have some semblance of a shot 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Can I say something that appears racist and probably is but isn't meant to be so? NBA draftees are so much more articulate at a young age than NFL draftees. 

You should have let us answer the bold, Mr. President.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Can I say something that appears racist and probably is but isn't meant to be so? NBA draftees are so much more articulate at a young age than NFL draftees. 

These hoops studs don't go to public school anymore.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I give no sh*ts about their origin. Just whether they can play or not.

I don't have a real problem w it but it's slightly meh for me. It took me 6 months to pronounce Porzongis and now this? Winning will obv solve for anything.

two years from now if both players develop this team has potential to be "longest" in the NBA. 

4 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I don't have a real problem w it but it's slightly meh for me. It took me 6 months to pronounce Porzongis and now this? Winning will obv solve for anything.

two years from now if both players develop this team has potential to be "longest" in the NBA. 

Two years from now is kind of what you have to be building for too, because the power teams in the league right now are no joke.

I know he can disappear at times but I'd like to have seen Malik Monk over the this kid.  Probably because I've never seen the frenchman play but I know when Malik is on, he's damn near impossible to stop.  Seems like this was more based on finding a guard who can play the triangle than getting the best player.  I'd have been good with Zach Collins too...but whatevs.  Who cares. Phil sucks and so do the Knicks.  

36 minutes ago, JiF said:

I know he can disappear at times but I'd like to have seen Malik Monk over the this kid.  Probably because I've never seen the frenchman play but I know when Malik is on, he's damn near impossible to stop.  Seems like this was more based on finding a guard who can play the triangle than getting the best player.  I'd have been good with Zach Collins too...but whatevs.  Who cares. Phil sucks and so do the Knicks.  

Monk is the only other player i would have taken but I think Ntilikina's defense and upside are too much to pass on

• Upvote 1

Eh, there is literally one and only one area that the Knicks have done legitimately well in for the past few years and that's with foreign players. At this time last year we were told that the only reason we signed Kuz was because KP needed a companion goat. Turns out the kid can ball. If there is one ******* place the Phil-Knicks have earned some trust it's with their scouting of foreign players.

Also worth noting: France has had a nice little run of players produced the past 10-15 years. NC State? Not so much.

• Upvote 4