Your 2016-2017 New York Knicks Thread!!!

SMC

4 hours ago, SMC said:

Since vines won't do last night justice, the full highlights of KP's career (thus far) night:

It's kind of awesome that he's been stealing the best moves from the best big men ever. From Hakeem's Dream Shake to that one legged mid-range jumper that Dirk mastered. Love that he's honing his game that way.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It's kind of awesome that he's been stealing the best moves from the best big men ever. From Hakeem's Dream Shake to that one legged mid-range jumper that Dirk mastered. Love that he's honing his game that way.

Porzingis is like a human Sentinel

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It's unreal. No more of those puff-piece articles where our big-men go train with Hakeem for $20k a day, then come game time still can't post up. The Unicorn simply says, yea, those moves look good, I'm just gonna f*ckin use them and murder the league. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

It's unreal. No more of those puff-piece articles where our big-men go train with Hakeem for $20k a day, then come game time still can't post up. The Unicorn simply says, yea, those moves look good, I'm just gonna f*ckin use them and murder the league. 

I loved when he did a bunch of Dirk moves against Dallas the other night and then stared down Dirk. Like holy ****, alright g, yeah you can play in New York most definitely. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Let's relax a bit. 

14 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I loved when he did a bunch of Dirk moves against Dallas the other night and then stared down Dirk. Like holy ****, alright g, yeah you can play in New York most definitely. 

Yeah, Dirk even joked that it was "cold blooded."

Just now, BroadwayJoe12 said:

lol oh f*ck off man, it won't kill ya to be excited about a player. Dissappintment can't actually physically hurt you, you know that right?   

I am excited about Porzingis. Knicks fans just have a way of going completely overboard. Its pretty interesting seeing the optimism here vs the pessimism on the Jets board- when both franchises are equally ****ed.

Just now, Matt39 said:

I am excited about Porzingis. Knicks fans just have a way of going completely overboard. Its pretty interesting seeing the optimism here vs the pessimism on the Jets board- when both franchises are equally ****ed.

First, I admit I do going completely overboard sometimes as a Knicks fan.

Second, so what?  I think KP has MVP/DPOY potential.  He's also shown true signs of superstardom in making the "leap" in his 2nd year like NBA superstars do.

The NBA and NFL are completely different.  In the NFL, unless you have a Porzingis-level QB as a prospect, you're screwed.  In the NBA, it can be any position that is Porzingis-level and the franchise is in good shape.

It doesn't matter what the 2016-17 Knicks are, so long as KP develops.  That means the Knicks future is inherently bright because of him.

1 minute ago, SMC said:

First, I admit I do going completely overboard sometimes as a Knicks fan.

Second, so what?  I think KP has MVP/DPOY potential.  He's also shown true signs of superstardom in making the "leap" in his 2nd year like NBA superstars do.

The NBA and NFL are completely different.  In the NFL, unless you have a Porzingis-level QB as a prospect, you're screwed.  In the NBA, it can be any position that is Porzingis-level and the franchise is in good shape.

It doesn't matter what the 2016-17 Knicks are, so long as KP develops.  That means the Knicks future is inherently bright because of him.

Agreed. However there's no doubt Dolan does something insanely stupid this year when the team is hovering around the 8-10 seed. The more they continue to placate towards Carmelo the further the can gets kicked down the road. They need to be torn down.

On 11/10/2016 at 8:44 PM, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I'm cautiously optimistic about Porzingis. Of course I realize by now that when you're optimistic about anything you throw caution out the window, drive over it, back up, and drive over it again, so I'm not gonna argue degrees of something we're all thumbs up for.

Caution?  For a response, I give you the Artist-Formerly-Known-as-Aten's spot on description of me:

I'm cautiously optimistic about Porzingis. Of course I realize by now that when you're optimistic about anything you throw caution out the window, drive over it, back up, and drive over it again, so I'm not gonna argue degrees of something we're all thumbs up for.

Just now, Matt39 said:

Agreed. However there's no doubt Dolan does something insanely stupid this year when the team is hovering around the 8-10 seed. The more they continue to placate towards Carmelo the further the can gets kicked down the road. They need to be torn down.

Yes, Dolan is insanely stupid BUT not about business.  It's already reported that MSG is making a lot of money off of the Porzingis hype.  He's going to protect that investment.

As to kicking the future down the road, remember, the Knicks can't trade their 2017 pic so the Knicks are guaranteed a 1st rounder.  Also, I think there is a greater chance of Melo finally giving up his no trade clause than the Knicks trading a future 1st rounder to help Melo.

• Upvote 1

Just now, SMC said:

Yes, Dolan is insanely stupid BUT not about business.  It's already reported that MSG is making a lot of money off of the Porzingis hype.  He's going to protect that investment.

As to kicking the future down the road, remember, the Knicks can't trade their 2017 pic so the Knicks are guaranteed a 1st rounder.  Also, I think there is a greater chance of Melo finally giving up his no trade clause than the Knicks trading a future 1st rounder to help Melo.

They cant trade it? Did not know that- that's good to hear. Melo's not leaving NY though.

32 minutes ago, SMC said:

Surprised they made a jersey that big.

That was the draft in which LeBron, Melo, Bosh and Wade went top 5.  Knicks picked 9th.  David West was still on the board.

Sweets was solid man. If he could have just laid off the donuts that guy would have been a stud. 

Saw him play a bunch of times too. Watching those titties flop around in that jersey will forever haunt me.

7 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

We're not there yet. As long as everybody is on the same page as far as Porzingis being the one and only thing we've got going for us there's no reason to make him the focal point of the ten millionth iteration of the stats vs. do u even watch the games bro sh*tshow.

BTW, Porzingis has the 15th best RPM in the NBA this season 

23 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Difference is Porzingis will be a top 5 player in the nba in 2-3 years

Jets don't have anyone like that.  They don't have a top 30 Qb onthe roster

• Upvote 1