Your 2016-2017 New York Knicks Thread!!!

SMC

1 minute ago, SMC said:

Melo's gone, though.  THJR now spaces the floor better and gives KP space to operate.  Plus, while I agree on the passing issue, KP rebounds.

And 30 wins isn't bad since the NYK have all their 1st rounders.

Where's he going?

1 hour ago, SMC said:

facepalm.gif

Have the Knicks broken you?  On what planet is KCP better than THJ?  

THJ is better in the Per36 and advanced stats that KCP

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/tiny.fcgi?id=RlxL8#stats-per_minute::none

Is watching players play even a thing anymore? Or do people just default to imright.com and vomit out whatever number is hot in the streets. Per36. Who gives a ****.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Is watching players play even a thing anymore? Or do people just default to imright.com and vomit out whatever number is hot in the streets. Per36. Who gives a ****.

KCP is not a hill you would want to die on. He's a SG who can't shoot and is known as a defender but the metrics show he's no better than an average defender. Detroit spent a lottery pick on him and just gave him away because he wants Porter money (4/106).

1 hour ago, SMC said:

KCP is not a hill you would want to die on. He's a SG who can't shoot and is known as a defender but the metrics show he's no better than an average defender. Detroit spent a lottery pick on him and just gave him away because he wants Porter money (4/106).

I'll bet you one billion dollars he makes at least second team all-defense within two years.

20 hours ago, Matt39 said:

The Knicks do so many stupid things it's hard to fathom that the goal is to actually win. A trade kicker for friggin Tim Hardaway just seems like an under the table favor for something else. There is literally no explanation for them to do that.  This smells like the Bargnani trade.

This is classic Steve Mills which is why I wanted to either keep Phil for this offseason or replace him immediately with Dumars or Griffin

Mills is crazy.  He is the same guy who gave Allan Houston a $100 million deal and I guarantee you Isiah is behind the scenes telling him what to do

22 hours ago, SMC said:

Also, in order to sign Timmy, the Knicks have to renounce Rose AND Sasha.  How is that not a win?

I would have brought back Rose on a 1 year deal.  As horrible as he was last year I think no triangle plus a one year prove it deal would have motivated him

Glad to finally see Sasha go.  He was a cancer on and off court.

I get what you are saying about even mediocre players getting mega contracts in today's NBA but Mills had no reason to make this move unless he knows absolutely for sure Melo or Lee are getting traded

1 hour ago, thadude said:

Mills is crazy.  He is the same guy who gave Allan Houston a $100 million deal and I guarantee you Isiah is behind the scenes telling him what to do

That is categorically false.  Scott Layden gave Houston the $100 million deal in 2001.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/762760-new-york-knicks-6-most-regrettable-contracts-in-franchise-history

Mills wasn't even with the Knicks then.  He joined the Knicks as COO in 2003.  Criticize Mills all you want, but don't make sh*t up.

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 3:00 PM, Matt39 said:

Where's he going?

According to Woj, Melo is likely going to Houston.  The teams are currently working on the parameters of the trade.

10 hours ago, SMC said:

According to Woj, Melo is likely going to Houston.  The teams are currently working on the parameters of the trade.

The Hardaway signing takes away any leverage we had.  I at least want an asset like Capela back but that's not happening 

26 minutes ago, thadude said:

The Hardaway signing takes away any leverage we had.  I at least want an asset like Capela back but that's not happening 

why does anyone think Melo's waiving the clause? He's not going to play for Dantoni lol

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Looks like they're in contract negotiations with Griffin. I guess Mills will stay on as president or something?

We need a GM.  I'll take Griffin over Mills I got a bad feeling Mills is taking orders from Isiah hence the stupid THJ contract

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

So David Griffin wanted control over basketball decisions and Dolan said no lol.

It looks like he wanted mills out of the way and his own staff as well

this never had a chance.

they just want a lackey, a GM in title only

they won't get anyone

6 minutes ago, Larz said:

It looks like he wanted mills out of the way and his own staff as well

this never had a chance.

they just want a lackey, a GM in title only

they won't get anyone

So the Knicks are back to the Mills/Isiah clown show. Awesome. 

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

or a sacrificial lamb, some young 35 year old guy who doesn't know any better

sweet

Its unreal. NBA General Manager wants to hire his own people to help him make decisions he's going to be held accountable for. Not the Knicks though. I'll never forget Dolan forcing Donnie Walsh to publicly thank Isiah for helping with the Camrleo trade lol. He soon got the hell out of dodge.

Something is just totally off with this franchise...the goal clearly isnt winning.

30 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Its unreal. NBA General Manager wants to hire his own people to help him make decisions he's going to be held accountable for. Not the Knicks though. I'll never forget Dolan forcing Donnie Walsh to publicly thank Isiah for helping with the Camrleo trade lol. He soon got the hell out of dodge.

Something is just totally off with this franchise...the goal clearly isnt winning.

Yeah. Ownership matters. Isaiah just has a spell on Dolan.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SMC said:

Woj reported that Melo is willing to waive for Rockets and Cavs.  You either believe Woj or you don't.

A lot has to happen on both ends there. Who knows if either team wants him and who knows if a proposal is brought to him if he'll say yes.

21 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

A lot has to happen on both ends there. Who knows if either team wants him and who knows if a proposal is brought to him if he'll say yes.

Dude, I'm just a fan relaying what Woj reported.  I have no idea whether he's willing to waive or not.  I can only go off of what Woj (as well as Ramona Shelbourne who corroborated) says and they say he's willing to waive for Rockets and Cavs.