Your 2016-2017 New York Knicks Thread!!!

SMC

25 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

I agree.  Noah is still a productive player with his rebounding but O'Quinn should start with Hernangomes being primary backup.

This is manifestly insane. The only thing wrong with Noah is that he can't stay on the court and you guys want to voluntarily cut his minutes. 4/72 would otherwise have landed us Evan Turner or some sh*t this past offseason, but yeah, **** Noah.

I will say, though, that if we were to wise up and start Jennings, there could be some merit to having Noah come in with Rose for balance.

15 hours ago, SMC said:

I've always liked Rose.  He's a tragic figure now.  If he's still a good player and can stay healthy (even if not MVPesque) I hope they re-sign him

I wouldn't mind keeping him on as a bench player. Wonder if he'd take that though, and how he'd function in that capacity. Long-term goal has to be building a starting lineup that can revolve around Latvian Fabio for 82 and Rose isn't a great fit in that regard.

5 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Rose is terrible and we're already past the point of having any hope that anybody figures it out. Fourteen goddamn games in and already we need something to save the Knicks from themselves. Most likely another injury, maybe he's fake-good enough to fool somebody else into pricing us out. This season is going pretty much as badly as it possibly could in terms of the long-term impact.

Now this is a fountain of optimism

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Game blacked out. The NBA sucks sometimes. 

I hate this sh*t. Like I actually wanna stream games illegally. Just give me what I want god dammit. I'll happily pay for the ******* sh*t. 

Blacked out on NBATV?  That's surprising

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

Now that was a fun game. That was one of Melo's best performances as a Knick and watching Porzingis block dunks like that gives me a boner. 

Nice to see the Garden rocking like that again. 

KP doesn't shoot well, but then becomes a wall in crunchtime.  He had Kaminsky spooked inside.

12 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

What an absolute sh*t play at the end there. These guys are fun to watch on offense with all the playmakers but so long as they play D like this they're gonna be a .500 team. They are just so lost in transition and when they have to run switches. Hoping that's a product of them all just learning to play together.

I'm far from a Melo hater as everyone here knows, but it all starts with him, especially last night.  Batum is out and Melo still plays matador D AND misses 18 shots.  If Melo wasn't godawful and just sucky, then win.

On November 25, 2016 at 10:38 AM, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

This is manifestly insane. The only thing wrong with Noah is that he can't stay on the court and you guys want to voluntarily cut his minutes. 4/72 would otherwise have landed us Evan Turner or some sh*t this past offseason, but yeah, **** Noah.

I will say, though, that if we were to wise up and start Jennings, there could be some merit to having Noah come in with Rose for balance.

Who cares what Noah is being paid if the Knicks play better without him?  His contract is nothing compared to the hundreds of millions Dolan wasted on even worse players

15 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

What an absolute sh*t play at the end there. These guys are fun to watch on offense with all the playmakers but so long as they play D like this they're gonna be a .500 team. They are just so lost in transition and when they have to run switches. Hoping that's a product of them all just learning to play together.

Overall the Knicks played well in this back to back.  The hornets are a good team so to split with them and have a shot at sweeping is fine

there was miscommunication on offense in the last minute of them game

4 hours ago, SMC said:

I'm far from a Melo hater as everyone here knows, but it all starts with him, especially last night.  Batum is out and Melo still plays matador D AND misses 18 shots.  If Melo wasn't godawful and just sucky, then win.

Melo was not good last night but that was a winnable game even despite that. Hornacek had one point where he was running a three-guard set with Jennings, Holiday, and Vujacic. I get that Kemba was in the zone but come on.

6 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Melo was not good last night but that was a winnable game even despite that. Hornacek had one point where he was running a three-guard set with Jennings, Holiday, and Vujacic. I get that Kemba was in the zone but come on.

Yeah, and Sasha is shooting 20%.  The issue is that Lee has been bad for a while, despite having a decent shooting night last night.  They were tired down the stretch on D and kept switching, but Melo's 18 missed shots were the No.1 killer in a 5 point game.

Man Russell Westbrook is some kinda competitor and athlete. Easily my favorite basketball player right now.

Hope he gets that championship ring some day. And hope Durant never gets one.

He's already a champion tho, and was let down last year. Hope things work in his favor in the future.

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Westbrook: 27 pts 18 rbs and 14 ast......Lol

Over the last year and a half he has reached another level. He's a great player now. Man

He just toyed with the Knicks tonight.  

Knicks showed intensity in the 4th quarter but nothing in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.  Players looked tired and disinterested.  Is Hornacek serving Herm's bbq on the off days?