SMC

Your 2016-2017 New York Knicks Thread!!!

1,739 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

or a sacrificial lamb, some young 35 year old guy who doesn't know any better

sweet

Its unreal. NBA General Manager wants to hire his own people to help him make decisions he's going to be held accountable for. Not the Knicks though. I'll never forget Dolan forcing Donnie Walsh to publicly thank Isiah for helping with the Camrleo trade lol. He soon got the hell out of dodge.

Something is just totally off with this franchise...the goal clearly isnt winning.

30 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Its unreal. NBA General Manager wants to hire his own people to help him make decisions he's going to be held accountable for. Not the Knicks though. I'll never forget Dolan forcing Donnie Walsh to publicly thank Isiah for helping with the Camrleo trade lol. He soon got the hell out of dodge.

Something is just totally off with this franchise...the goal clearly isnt winning.

Yeah. Ownership matters. Isaiah just has a spell on Dolan.

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

So the Knicks are back to the Mills/Isiah clown show. Awesome. 

With Barnum & Bailey shutting down, they needed a clown show to continue at the Garden

4 hours ago, Matt39 said:

He hasn't said anything 

Woj reported that Melo is willing to waive for Rockets and Cavs.  You either believe Woj or you don't.

1 minute ago, SMC said:

Woj reported that Melo is willing to waive for Rockets and Cavs.  You either believe Woj or you don't.

A lot has to happen on both ends there. Who knows if either team wants him and who knows if a proposal is brought to him if he'll say yes.

In other awesome news, Dennis Smith looks incredible.

21 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

A lot has to happen on both ends there. Who knows if either team wants him and who knows if a proposal is brought to him if he'll say yes.

Dude, I'm just a fan relaying what Woj reported.  I have no idea whether he's willing to waive or not.  I can only go off of what Woj (as well as Ramona Shelbourne who corroborated) says and they say he's willing to waive for Rockets and Cavs.

1 hour ago, Larz said:

or a sacrificial lamb, some young 35 year old guy who doesn't know any better

sweet

Who's the John Idzik of the NBA? 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Hinkie 

36 minutes ago, SMC said:

Dude, I'm just a fan relaying what Woj reported.  I have no idea whether he's willing to waive or not.  I can only go off of what Woj (as well as Ramona Shelbourne who corroborated) says and they say he's willing to waive for Rockets and Cavs.

Fair enough. With all the stuff that's gone on it just seems unlikely he's getting moved. Doubtful Lebron's in much rush to shake up his roster with how weak the east already is. He's not going to give up Love....

48 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Fair enough. With all the stuff that's gone on it just seems unlikely he's getting moved. Doubtful Lebron's in much rush to shake up his roster with how weak the east already is. He's not going to give up Love....

I have no idea what will happen with Melo.

Putting aside the Melo factor, as to LeBron, I don't think he's content staying as-is given how the Warriors manhandled the Cavs in the Finals.  Because they're hard capped there isn't much they can do.

4 hours ago, Larz said:

It looks like he wanted mills out of the way and his own staff as well

this never had a chance.

they just want a lackey, a GM in title only

they won't get anyone

Isiah is calling the shots again while pretending to manage the girls team

6 hours ago, SenorGato said:

RJF might be pleased to hear that I am hopping on the Knicks wagon. I like the G they drafted. 

I'm actually excited to see this young core play together next season with or without Melo

I just pray Millsiah doesn't do something really stupid like trade for Love

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Dunno

I'm packing a bag for the amusement park tomorrow with my son and his buddies. I literally only have 2 types of hats in the house, Jets and Knicks.  Just take the sunburn like a man?

NYP reporting that Mills is making a serious power play to be in charge of literally everything. Was cool with Griffin being in charge of personnel but that's it. Griffen was adamant about Houston being out so he could bring in his own guy, but Mills has final say on everything and Houston is Dolan's boy.

The good news is that they're also saying Mills' relationship with Isiah has gone to sh*t. So I guess that's something to not groan about.

9 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

NYP reporting that Mills is making a serious power play to be in charge of literally everything. Was cool with Griffin being in charge of personnel but that's it. Griffen was adamant about Houston being out so he could bring in his own guy, but Mills has final say on everything and Houston is Dolan's boy.

The good news is that they're also saying Mills' relationship with Isiah has gone to sh*t. So I guess that's something to not groan about.

Good God what a dumpster fire of a mess the Knicks have become. Oh to long for the days of Dave Checketts and Ernie Grunfeld. . . . . 

16 hours ago, SMC said:

Begley also reported yesterday that Melo is confident he's going to Houston. Third team will definitely have to be involved as Houston will have to move Anderson and Mills is refusing a 1-for-1. I don't know who the hell is going to take on Anderson's deal because that is one of the worst contracts in the league, but stranger things have happened.

Morey loves Melo. Always has. They put that big poster up of him in a Rockets jersey (the one where they gave him Lin's number and then Lin got all pissed) when Morey was pitching him as a FA and Morey never made any secret of any of this. The fact that Paul is there now and the Rockets are trying to load up to challenge GS makes Houston the most logical partner, even more than Cleveland.

None of this is cryptic. It's been all out in the open. Just a matter of if they can find a third team at this point.

To be fair tho it wasn't like Griffin was this big prize.  All he ever did was sign Lebron and then take orders from him-- most of which were bad moves

17 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Are you kidding?  Lebron has been trying to get rid of Love the last 2 years

2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Begley also reported yesterday that Melo is confident he's going to Houston. Third team will definitely have to be involved as Houston will have to move Anderson and Mills is refusing a 1-for-1. I don't know who the hell is going to take on Anderson's deal because that is one of the worst contracts in the league, but stranger things have happened.

Morey loves Melo. Always has. They put that big poster up of him in a Rockets jersey (the one where they gave him Lin's number and then Lin got all pissed) when Morey was pitching him as a FA and Morey never made any secret of any of this. The fact that Paul is there now and the Rockets are trying to load up to challenge GS makes Houston the most logical partner, even more than Cleveland.

None of this is cryptic. It's been all out in the open. Just a matter of if they can find a third team at this point.

I'm hearing a three way trade with the Bulls.  Rockets get Melo, we get Rondo and bulls get Ariza and another player

I'll take that deal.  Just pls no more trading draft picks

1 minute ago, thadude said:

I'm hearing a three way trade with the Bulls.  Rockets get Melo, we get Rondo and bulls get Ariza and another player

I'll take that deal.  Just pls no more trading draft picks

Rondo is a free agent. Bulls waived him 2 weeks ago.

16 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Rondo is a free agent. Bulls waived him 2 weeks ago.

It would be a sign and trade the Knicks can only offer Rondo $4.3 mil as a free agent

1 hour ago, thadude said:

It would be a sign and trade the Knicks can only offer Rondo $4.3 mil as a free agent

The only way that works is if the Bulls agree to take on Ryan Anderson's crazy contract which has 3/60 left on it.  Rockets can't do a deal for Melo without getting rid of Anderson because they're up against the cap.

In any deal between Rockets and Knicks, a third team has to be involved.  Bulls work because they are so far under the cap and have a $15M trade exception for Butler.

nick-young-classic-meme.jpg