SMC

Your 2016-2017 New York Knicks Thread!!!

1,739 posts in this topic

Here it is

Maybe Perry can renegotiate the Baker deal.

Nothing says we know what we're doing more than hiring an incompetent yes man from Sacramento.

On 7/8/2017 at 9:39 AM, SMC said:

So now we know who the John Idzik of the NBA is.

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Nothing says we know what we're doing more than hiring an incompetent yes man from Sacramento.

Putting aside whether he's a yes man or not, thinking that Scott Perry is incompetent is just plain stupid. You should educate yourself more about the Association.

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The guy who traded for crippled Drago and The Snitch?

32 minutes ago, SMC said:

Putting aside whether he's a yes man or not, thinking that Scott Perry is incompetent is just plain stupid. You should educate yourself more about the Association.

What makes him competent? Is he the guy that made all the good picks while the actual GM made the bad ones? 

51 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Maccagnan hand-picked JJ Watt.

54 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

What makes him competent? Is he the guy that made all the good picks while the actual GM made the bad ones? 

He has only been with Sacramento since April, you nitwit.  While there the team draft Fox and Josh Jackson and signed George Hill. Again, educate yourself about the NBA and you'd know who Perry is.

Melo trade off lol. 

So much for being at the 2 yard line

This franchise needs to be eliminated. They seriously make the Jets look like the Patriots. What a joke. 

49 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

This franchise needs to be eliminated. They seriously make the Jets look like the Patriots. What a joke. 

In a European Premier League, but in the NBA, the Knicks make the Association so much money it's ridiculous.  The Jets are a fraction, percentage wise, of what they make for the NFL what the Knicks make for the NBA.  That's part of the problem.  If it was any other team they'd fade to obscurity.

Look how much coverage the team gets and they've won 1 playoff series in 17 years.  Name another team in any other sport that garners that much attention. 

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

You just got the guy who signed George Hill, bro. 

On 7/12/2017 at 2:32 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

And keep in mind, if the Melo deal falls through, the cap flexibility that we had at the beginning of the summer is now gone for the next few years, and we used that on Tim Hardaway and Ron Baker. WHAT.

Aaaaand Yahtzee. 

4 hours ago, SMC said:

He has only been with Sacramento since April, you nitwit.  While there the team draft Fox and Josh Jackson and signed George Hill. Again, educate yourself about the NBA and you'd know who Perry is.

My extensive Wikipedia research also tells me that he was with the Pistons when they drafted Darko.

7 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Aaaaand Yahtzee. 

Melo's opting out after 2017/2018 season so they'll have the flexibility then,

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

You just got the guy who signed George Hill, bro. 

The Knicks were trying to get George Hill.

15 hours ago, SMC said:

Yes, I was talking about money being the market.  The option and trade kicker was likely for RFA purposes.

BTW, Ian Begley is reporting that the Knicks are negotiating with Scott Perry to be the new GM.  He's a long-time NBA executive who worked in Detroit under Dumars, OKC, Orlando and Sacramento.

I'm not going to pretend I follow NBA close enough to know who this is... I just like the fact that they've gone outside the "family" of Dolan-cronies. Boston radio has reported this as done, btw.

15 hours ago, SMC said:

Here it is

Maybe Perry can renegotiate the Baker deal.

Oh, there... yea, wasn't caught up in thread. LOL

11 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Melo trade off lol. 

Paused, at least. 

I can't fault them for hitting the brakes - you don't hire a GM, then undermine him by trading away Melo in parallel to his on-boarding. Give him the reigns.

Rushing only benefits the other teams at this point, really.

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Paused, at least. 

I can't fault them for hitting the brakes - you don't hire a GM, then undermine him by trading away Melo in parallel to his on-boarding. Give him the reigns.

Rushing only benefits the other teams at this point, really.

I'm not totally convinced they were actually gonna trade him( or he was even willing to waive the NTC) Everyone's first thoughts after the Phil firing was that Melo was staying. 

This joke of a franchise just blew their cap space on mediocre-at-best players and even then, the worst offseason move will be passing on Dennis Smith, Jr.

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I'm not totally convinced they were actually gonna trade him( or he was even willing to waive the NTC) Everyone's first thoughts after the Phil firing was that Melo was staying. 

Could be. I dunno.

I continually struggle to understand how they can have a roster with Melo, and now KP, and fail so hard to be competitive. I also think the new GM should be able to hire his own coach, and if that means that Hornacek is gone - so be it.