I Hope I'm Wrong ...

KRL

But it's going to be pathetic tomorrow when "fans" boo Smith before he does anything
negative to hurt the team.  Fitzpatrick is the biggest culprit in this team being
1-6 in it's last seven games and missing the playoffs.  What has he done to generate
such "love" from the fanbase and media?  He was here for one year, came up small in 
the BUF game, held out all off-season (hurting chemistry with the WR's) and played
horribly this year.  Booing Smith before any negative performance will just allow the
media to mock the fanbase as being morons 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, KRL said:

But it's going to be pathetic tomorrow when "fans" boo Smith before he does anything
negative to hurt the team.  Fitzpatrick is the biggest culprit in this team being
1-6 in it's last seven games and missing the playoffs.  What has he done to generate
such "love" from the fanbase and media?  He was here for one year, came up small in 
the BUF game, held out all off-season (hurting chemistry with the WR's) and played
horribly this year.  Booing Smith before any negative performance will just allow the

It's very possible, but you have to remember we're used to watching Fitzpatrick play.  It won't take much for Geno to impress the masses.

25 minutes ago, KRL said:

To be fair,  the crowd is ready to boo anyone not named petty or hackenburg. If fitz started and went 3 and out, he'd be booed. Same with geno. Is it fair to Geno? Not really,  but Geno will have all game to prove the critics wrong.  

20 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

If Geno and the gang can pull it together for a win this week, pretty decent chance we're 5-5 heading into first matchup vs NE.

Fans will be cheering by then.

I'd be f*cking stunned.  Delightfully, don't get me wrong.  However, I'd be stunned.

What nonsense. I would completely understand if Geno Smith is booed. Not because of loyalty to Fitz, but because we already know how worthless Smith is. Until Petty is playing, there is absolutely no reason to be interested in these games. Let's find out what he is now, while we're essentially playing an extended 2017 preseason.

Just now, JetPotato said:

What nonsense. I would completely understand if Geno Smith is booed. Not because of loyalty to Fitz, but because we already know how worthless Smith is. Until Petty is playing, there is absolutely no reason to be interested in these games.

Loyalty to Fitzpatrick?  Please explain to me what loyalty, he'e been here 2 years last year he played the easiest schedule in the NFL this season he's the worst QB in the NFL. 

He hasnt been loyal to any of the 6 teams he's played for including the NY Jets his off season holdout proved that. 

Why would fans be loyal to Ryan Fitzpatrick? 

Loyalty my ass. 

36 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

If Geno and the gang can pull it together for a win this week, pretty decent chance we're 5-5 heading into first matchup vs NE.

Fans will be cheering by then.

Sady, I've seen that episode over and over and over again. Get everyone's hopes up that the team doesn't suck as bad as we think they do, only to confirm it when they play the Patriots.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Loyalty to Fitzpatrick?  Please explain to me what loyalty, he'e been here 2 years last year he played the easiest schedule in the NFL this season he's the worst QB in the NFL. 

He hasnt been loyal to any of the 6 teams he's played for including the NY Jets his off season holdout proved that. 

Loyalty my ass. 

You're not very bright, are you?

1 minute ago, FloridaJetsFan said:

Sady, I've seen that episode over and over and over again. Get everyone's hopes up that the team doesn't suck as bad as we think they do, only to confirm it when they play the Patriots.

Yeah, but this year is gonna be different.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Loyalty my ass. 

I really don't think anyone outside of Marshall, Decker and Mangold are "loyal" to Fitzpatrick.

What if people are booing the fact that the team is 1-5, up against the cap, their billion dollar defense sucks, their $100 million dollar defensive end has checked out, their 212 lb first round pick ILB is already hurt, and Geno Smith, after 29 mostly miserable starts, is starting football games for them in 2016.

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

Geno is starting until they have 8 losses..  deal with it. 

We may see Petty galloping in on his white horse in a few weeks but for now it's time to get behind Eugene.  The season is not over quite yet.. 

I don't know if they wait until 8. If Geno sh*ts the bed in his first two starts, I think they bring Petty in in week 9. I think it's more of "when" and "how" Geno F's up moreso than tied to 8 losses.

32 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I'd be f*cking stunned.  Delightfully, don't get me wrong.  However, I'd be stunned.

All we can do is hope.  I mean if we can beat the Ravens, the next 3: @Cleveland, @Miami and vs LA, are easier than Baltimore.

Just what Geno and the guys need to prepare for playing a top team.

3 minutes ago, FloridaJetsFan said:

I don't know if they wait until 8. If Geno sh*ts the bed in his first two starts, I think they bring Petty in in week 9. I think it's more of "when" and "how" Geno F's up moreso than tied to 8 losses.

I'll concede that if he plays horribly than we can see a switch sooner.  I just don't think there's any way he plays nearly as bad as Fitz.  Petty is still weeks away from even being considered and to go back to Fitz after 2 weeks would be a complete joke.

1 minute ago, Pac said:

I'll concede that if he plays horribly than we can see a switch sooner.  I just don't think there's any way he plays nearly as bad as Fitz.  Petty is still weeks away from even being considered and to go back to Fitz after 2 weeks would be a complete joke.

Yeah, I agree.

1 hour ago, KRL said:

But it's going to be pathetic tomorrow when "fans" boo Smith before he does anything negative to hurt the team.

1 hour ago, KRL said:

Booing Smith before any negative performance will just allow the media to mock the fanbase as being morons 

thinking-face.png

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

Geno cursing at jet fans is a mistake that only wins can make him recover from. We will see

I don't really knock Geno for cursing at fans.  Sure it'd be great if a 23 year old kid can always be the bigger man, but let's be real, not always gonna happen.  And fans can be some serious pricks at times.  Can only imagine what was said to him.

Just now, Mike135 said:

I don't really knock Geno for cursing at fans.  Sure it'd be great if a 23 year old kid can always be the bigger man, but let's be real, not always gonna happen.  And fans can be some serious pricks at times.  Can only imagine what was said to him.

Mark of a pro is to not to respond to fans. No excuse 

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

Mark of a pro is to not to respond to fans. No excuse 

I'd agree if you said "mature pro".  Geno was not mature as the majority of college football stars are not.  Making them face us (NY/NJ fans) and the insane media here will result is bad things at times.  

No excuses.  But it is what it is.

Archived