#### New York Jets vs Baltimore Ravens --- The Official Game Thread ####

Maxman

Fitz's play in one game when the team trailed by 14 points was horrific. His play in one game was great and the other games fair to mediocre. The team played bad, had to play from behind and Fitz didn't do the job or stop the bleeding. Geno's job is to effectively move the offense not to be less mediocre than Fitz. And to win games. 

Will " the team play bad" if we lose today?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

Two years lost thanks to the the beard ripper. #Genotime

The Jets had their best year in 5 years last year. I don't consider that a year lost. And if Geno doesn't suck terribly as a player and human, then there is no need for Fitz to play at all. Geno's made this mess from the beginning. This isn't a redemption story. 

29 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

It will be very interesting to see reactions today.

We know the Jets are bad and we know they are banged up. I dont know what the fans goal is today.

They cant be surprised by bad play.

The fans' goal, as ever, remains the same. To anesthesize themselves to their own personal failings by rooting for a similarly failed enterprise.

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The Jets had their best year in 5 years last year. I don't consider that a year lost. And if Geno doesn't suck terribly as a player and human, then there is no need for Fitz to play at all. Geno's made this mess from the beginning. This isn't a redemption story. 

It's a year lost because it led to this inevitable place, where we've gained nothing. 

What a return by Landon Collins. And before people go there, he was drafted at the top of the second round last year, so we couldn't have picked him

We should've traded Pryor for that draft pick Thank Mac for not predicting the future...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

Poor Geno has to play in 30 MPH winds in his first start back.  Could be worse thou if we had to watc Fitz try to throw a pass through those winds.

Of course, Fitz could throw it downfield, run 3 yards and catch his own pass blown back to him and then run. We could pull the WRs, play 9 OL and a RB. Let's see Geno be able to do that :-)

51 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Will " the team play bad" if we lose today?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I don't know the game hasn't been played yet. The previous six we can talk about. Are you saying we played well as a team. On offense or on defense. In any case a loss isn't all on the Qb. If the defense is bad it just makes his job harder. Of course you want the Qb to move the offense and not keep the D on the field. Each part interacts with the other. It's more that Fitz was ineffective than he was terrible. If he had done his job better the team overall would have played better. So they made a change and the idea is that Geno does a better job. 

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Considering Geno has thrown an interception in 75% of his games, it's likely there will be one or more today. 

1 is ok 6 is unacceptable for an NFL QB 

We should all be hoping he throws 0 INTs those of us that want the Jets to win anyway. 

12 hours ago, Maxman said:

Guess what? The Jets are playing the Ravens on Sunday and they need to turn this season around. Geno Smith is the starting QB and the Jets are going to win. It is a new day for the Jets, so much so that we can't wait for game day to start the game thread. That is right, here is the game thread 1 hour and 9 minutes early.

Let's go Jets.

Last year when I was on a roll with an amazing record as the game thread starter we relied on No Easy Way Out. And we are going back to that again. Because there is no easy way out when you are associated with the Jets.

But Guess What? We are going to make game threads great again. The people that came up with the old game thread rules @BP & @T0mShane are message board hacks. I got the brightest minds together in the forum universe and negotiated a better deal. So I will bring you the game thread when it is most needed and the Jets will win.

On Sunday, Geno Smith will make the Jets great again.

Here is our NY Jets game preview in case you missed it.

Show a pic of the rv in action

Personally I think once Petty is 100percent healthy he will get the nod. Probably after the bye. I think the FO has already started planning for next year. They need to see what Petty is about. The team has too many holes right now to compete with Play off quality teams. 

I did take the Jets to win this one but that was when the rumors were Flacco wouldn't be playing. Might need to change 

13 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

All I know is this: Having Sunday Ticket come to appletv this year is amazing, because having to do the walk of shame out of a bar in Jets gear after what I am likely about to see always sucks to the umpteenth degree.

being a jets fan since 1981, all my family gets me is summer gear for my birthday in June and winter gear for xmas.  all my hats are jets hats. jets key ring.  90% of my hoodies and sweat shirts are jets.  75% of my shorts are jets. 50% of my dad sweat pants. 

it would actually be hard for me to go a week without wearing something jets outside of work

the sad thing is I know because I tried this week

Archived