Does Wilkerson play better without Richardson and Richardson play better without Wilkerson

CobraVerde

You dont hear either of their names when they are both on the field yet when one of them is out the other has a monster performance. Is it the pressure of picking up the slack? Is it the increase in responsibility? Is it the decrease in responsibility when they are both on? Something to keep an eye on considering the way the dline has crapped on the season. Will one of them have to go? 

2 hours ago, Larz said:

The 3-4 front with actual pressure against a statue QB coming off an injury with no one throw to might have had more to do with it

Hate to pile on Henderson, but he was so bad his absence was a plus

That's an indictment on just how bad Davis was last year. Henderson is great in situational defense and specials. The Jets made him a starter. Same problem they're having with Marcus Williams, amongst others. 

5 minutes ago, Barkus said:

Yes, but Jets decided to sign mo because Sheldumb is one spliff away from a year long suspension.

No, the Jets decided to sign Mo because our GM refused to trade him when he could have. He simply demanded more than anyone was willing to offer. Ultimately, this means he was placing a higher value on Wilkerson than anybody else. And how many of those other teams already had a pair like Sheldon and Williams locked up for a minimum of the next 3 seasons for cheap? Answer = nobody.

Just now, JiF said:

Like, just straight up?  A player swap?  

giphy.gif

Nah use Mo as a piece of a deal let romo finish out the season with us and resign him. Cowboys are potentially a playoff team and if Dak keeps winning games they could use the upgrade on defense

34 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

No, the Jets decided to sign Mo because our GM refused to trade him when he could have. He simply demanded more than anyone was willing to offer. Ultimately, this means he was placing a higher value on Wilkerson than anybody else. And how many of those other teams already had a pair like Sheldon and Williams locked up for a minimum of the next 3 seasons for cheap? Answer = nobody.

SO you want to sell him for peanuts? Bad GMs dont give away players for nothing

6 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Nah use Mo as a piece of a deal let romo finish out the season with us and resign him. Cowboys are potentially a playoff team and if Dak keeps winning games they could use the upgrade on defense

Ok...I was a little confused.  haha

It would be cool just to see them use these guys properly first...but I feel ya.

This is a 3-4 team.  When either Mo or Richardson is out Bowles has them playing in a "regular" 3-4.  When all 3 including Williams are active, Bowles runs amok with his schemes, instead of just rotating these guys in and out to keep them all fresher.  This is not rocket science.  Bowles is just too cute by far when it comes to these three.     

12 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

So glad we kept both of them after drafting Williams.

Just a really, really well thought out plan. 

Never wanted to re sign Richardson.  Then he signed at less than his price.  But I still was queasy about it.  Because Sheldon is such a flake.  And because he has such a big mouth. He could get suspended for life easily. BUt I have said it before and will say it again. Put them in the same position and Sheldon is the more talented player. 

12 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

So glad we kept both of them after drafting Williams.

Just a really, really well thought out plan. 

Never wanted to re sign Richardson.  Then he signed at less than his price.  But I still was queasy about it.  Becuse Sheldon is such a flake.  He could get suspended for life easily. BUt I have said it before and will say it again. Put them in the same position and sheldon is the more talented player. 

They play better in a 3-4; they are also short in LBs so Bowles did what Rex did and tried to get all 3 on the field. Either way, it is a moot point. I can't see us keeping 3, you aren't going to trade Leonard, Mo likely isn't tradable as it would be a cap issue. So, it is Sheldon this is likely to go.

As far as Mo being invisible; maybe he isn't completely back from his injury - healed okay, but his strength and conditioning are likely not where it needs to be.

This game showed everyone what us Jets fans have been preaching, Sheldon out of position is bad two-fold. He's sucks cause he's out of position and his trade value goes down because the workd thinks he sucks. 

Play him at his natural position and trade him (since we unfortunately couldn't trade Wilk and already over paid him). We bite the bullet and settle for the lesser of players (Wilk) and get value for Sheldon now. 

Archived