Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Game Thread

Gone

On 10/24/2016 at 10:23 AM, Integrity28 said:

Deadline crunch Tues/Thurs this week. I'll be spotty. Wasn't totally into idea of playing either, so expect me to lead in post count shortly.

Ape tells us for first time. Busy. Yadda. Yadda

On 10/25/2016 at 9:49 AM, Integrity28 said:

Checking in. I've got about 5 hours of meetings today. I won't be able to be the catalyst to get this going, so milk joke phase however you need to, and I'll start getting into it once my slate clears off a bit more. 

Telling us again. #smashlife

23 hours ago, Verbal said:

Not really.  No reads at this point, and I'm not in the mood to try and drive discussion and kick start the game - that's what I usually wait for you to do.

Speaking of which, why haven't you?  Are you waiting for somebody else to kick start?  Is it because you're scum?

Ok, now I've kick started.  FML.

Unvote

Vote: Ape

Verbal uses it to start some discussion

23 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I said why. My week is loaded with deadlines and meetings. My current work situation is tenuous, because of some organizational re-shuffling. I'm playing because Crusher asked me nicely. Next week things open up for me, then I can post more. Right now, I don't have time to read any of this. I've popped in out of courtesy to see what's up. I haven't read anything beyond the opening post and any direct responses to me. 

Perhaps when I take a poop tomorrow, I can get into it more. 

Ape just repeating what he said earlier.

22 hours ago, Verbal said:

I get all this, because that kind of stuff happens where I work as well.  BUT.....you've said this stuff before, and used the "not enough time" card as scum plenty of times to the point where I don't even count it for or against you.  instead, I'm only counting the little snippets of musings about whether we've started yet or if anything is happening, and I'm counting that against you.

I have no idea what you just said, heh.  Is this an official defense of Ape, or did you just want it to look that way?

Good explanation yet when he voted Ape he does not mention any musings for reason voting him. He says he is voting him because Ape usually starts the game. Funny because he says he was waiting for Ape then kicks starts it by voting Ape.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Ape was very clear he had pooping, meetings and pooping meetings to attend until thursday.  You look like scum trying to look like they are trying too look like they are not scum doing scummy things when in fact they are. unvote vote verbal

Defending Ape because he was very clear about his time restraint.

21 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Yes. Im officially defending the ape.  What of it?

Challenging Verbal to step. Responds by calling me town. More on this.

21 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I don't "use" being busy at work for anything, other than the courtesy of setting expectations. And I do it in every game. 

As for the so-called musings: snark. 

Now GFY.

This is true. yet its usually true and then he has 400 post first day.

21 hours ago, Verbal said:

Just curious for the record.  You're probably town.

Calls me town. The girls who play here form DM love to call me town when they are scum.

16 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You know, I thought Verbal's "case" on Ape was weak, since I could buy this initial explanation from the Ape:

But then he did all of this:

Seems like he was protesting a bit too much for a Day 1 vote.  He asked for someone else to drive the game, then goes after Verbal for attempting to do just that.

Good enough vote as any 6 pages in.  Unvote vote Ape

Protesting a bit much? Really? Little piling on. Either that or I find 80 and Verbal working together disgusting in principle.

15 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

Good work.  I would have voted you if you didn't make that case.

Applauds 80's vote on Ape. Need to see more from this one.

17 hours ago, deckerfan said:

vote Integrity

17 hours ago, deckerfan said:

unvote

vote integrity

16 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Eew. 80 pinging, over-selling a pile-on vote.

Verbal has been trolling me about using RL for a number of games now, going back before the long break. My response has nothing to do with the game. It's about my sportsmanship being insulted.

15 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

lol, 80 just said I 'went after' Verb, did a couple replies really strike you as what it looks like when I 'go after' someone?

forgot how dumb the play here has gotten... ffs 

Yelling at 80. 80 is making more out of it than it is so I agree.

15 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This is your go-to when you're scum.  One little push and vote and you talk about how dumb Mafia has gotten. 

Actually he usually accuses the person of being stupid and then reaches for his "changing my meta" excuse. but nice try.

14 hours ago, Pac said:

so whats a c9 game?  are all townies currently roleless?

Worthless player worthless post

3 hours ago, Pac said:

meh... c9 is for the birds..  too much thinking.  still don't get it after skimming it just now.

Unvote 

Vote Ape 

because why not.

Mindless Pac vote.

3 hours ago, Verbal said:

That was the best retort you had?  I thought CTM just made it look easy to beat you down....apparently it really is easy.

Funny that 80 mentions Ape going after Verbal because so far Verbal has been the aggressor. CTM is just hateful. Plus earlier comment about being mafia blah blah finisher. Clearly Verb is antagonizing the Ape. Does not speak much of Verbs alignment. Just tells me this little hockey player is trying to kickstart the game. 80's interpretation of this is concerning.

14 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

What are you talking about "giving up"? I apologized to Nyn for saying the game isn't interesting. Has nothing to do with giving up, just making sure she doesn't take offense at the criticism. It was meant for the players, you and 80 specifically. 

When was the last time I didn't accuse 80 of ruining mafia?

Nothing about that post is an exaggeration. It's exactly what happened, except I left out the part where you got more butt hurt than anyone Ive ever seen not named Brett, because I was being nice, and hoping that by not bringing up that part you'd maybe have an epiphany that your "tell" is about as reliable as guessing "heads" on every coin flip. 

You didn't get under my skin. I'm just speaking candidly. I think you may be projecting your own twatty personality into my words. Nothing about what I'm saying here comes from a a place of aggravation. It's more like befuddlement at the idea that your play has regressed this much.

Fair point on the bold, heh.

As for my play regressing, yeah - maybe.  But that's because I play to have fun now more than anything, whereas I used to play to win no matter what.  I like it better this way.  And I clearly have your number over the past couple of seasons with respect to ID'ing you as scum.  Does that bother you?  I bet it does.  I'm totally in your head right now.  Damn it's empty in here.......

12 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Verbal, is it not apparent to you that 80 is piggy-backing your assertiveness towards me? But everything he's adding to it is false-meta. 

Me saying the game isn't interesting isn't a scum tell. I say it all the time when I think the gameplay is dumb. So, once again, this is something 80 knows damn well, since he's the one I think makes the games the most dumb, the most often.

It is very apparent, yes.  I'm also highly amused by this whole situation, so I'm choosing to ignore it.  Also, because it is 80 that is teaming up with me, I'm even more amused than I normally would be seeing that he and I try to kill each other every chance we get in most games.

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Funny that 80 mentions Ape going after Verbal because so far Verbal has been the aggressor. CTM is just hateful. Plus earlier comment about being mafia blah blah finisher. Clearly Verb is antagonizing the Ape. Does not speak much of Verbs alignment. Just tells me this little hockey player is trying to kickstart the game. 80's interpretation of this is concerning.

Post of the game so far, not counting the one where I put Ape on his ass with the Champs comment. ;-)

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

lol, okay

This statement doesn't even make sense. 

I've always shared with you guys what I have going on in my life, and how I think it may effect both my availability to play and, at times, my temperament during the game. I do it out of respect for the game and the players. 

Here's what actually happened, to lead Verbal to his newest, favorite strawman. He made a very good gut read on me in a game a couple months before we took the big break. I was scum. Nobody would listen to him. He built weak arguments for why I was scum, because it was just a gut read, and I just as quickly extinguished their validity. At some point, in the course of the game, I told people I had sh*t going on, like I always do. He chose to lay off me, which I specifically told him not to do. In doing so, I basically admitted to being scum, but the self-revealing statement was lost on everyone.

After the game, he saw that he was right about me, and decided that the only reason he couldn't get me lynched was because I posted something about RL. Ignoring the effort I'd put into ruining his case within my gameplay. Ever since then, he calls me scum in every game the minute I give an update about my schedule. Nevermind that I've always done so.

He's convinced himself that he's right about this "tell" in recent games simply because I rolled scum a lot. Not because it's valid, but because of chance. I'm going to mention RL in ever game, so that is a constant, so the reality is that if he guessed I'm scum every game, he's going to get it right occasionally. This all seems lost on him.

So yea, with that, I've got almost no interest in this game. Sorry @Nynaeve. I expect bullsh*tty rhetoric and bickering in mafia, but not to have to defend myself for something I've been doing for 5 or so years as a courtesy. This is plain stupid.

TL;DNR

Im sure its good though.

1 hour ago, Leelou said:

You can't read my schedule? I'm here now. You seem townie at this point, and I'm liking 80. Yay 3some? 

Ape, could actually vote here. He feels slightly over defensive. 

Crusher, defense of ape is null.

JC, eh feelings so far. 

I'm okay with Pac and Hess. 

Not much of a read on anyone else yet.

Liking 80?  Ape slightly overly defensive?  Seriously.  Now I did not read the long explanation of the derivation of Verbal's attention to him. I just see Verbal pounding on the Ape to get the game going. Quite Well actually.  Feel good about Verbal. Null about Ape. Terrible about 80. Worse about you.

unvote vote 80

Meh, Crusher, I may be tunneling and going after the case too hard like I usually do, but I think the case on Ape is pretty good 8 pages in.  Not sure why you think I'm scum based on that.  Working with Verbal disgusts me, but it's the right play in my mind until something else stands out.  

5 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Post of the game so far, not counting the one where I put Ape on his ass with the Champs comment. ;-)

The more you get him going the better I feel about you. Kinda obvious what you are doing. Honestly think you may have caught 80 or Leelou. Very obvious you are kicking the Ape. Im actually shocked at the "LACK" of response from him,  He is ramping up but to say his response is greater than normal. Pure dogshit.

10 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Crushlove, I don't understand the point of all that multiquoting - are you trying to tell a story with it, or just putting there for future reference?  Both?

Just putting it in one spot. Im basically narrating what Im getting from it. Hope you enjoy it.

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Meh, Crusher, I may be tunneling and going after the case too hard like I usually do, but I think the case on Ape is pretty good 8 pages in.  Not sure why you think I'm scum based on that.  Working with Verbal disgusts me, but it's the right play in my mind until something else stands out.  

Tunneling? Working with Verbal?  You are taking the response Verbal is getting from the Ape and turning into something I simply dont see it being. Different then your usually scum play of "follow me to victory".  I just see it disproportionate to what Ape is doing. Leelou too.

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Tunneling? Working with Verbal?  You are taking the response Verbal is getting from the Ape and turning into something I simply dont see it being. Different then your usually scum play of "follow me to victory".  I just see it disproportionate to what Ape is doing. Leelou too.

I could just as easily argue that you prefer to see Ape through a town lens, because you don't like him dying early in any game.  I get disagreeing with the case, but you're sort of calling several people who see Ape as scum based on his play as scum themselves. 

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I could just as easily argue that you prefer to see Ape through a town lens, because you don't like him dying early in any game.  I get disagreeing with the case, but you're sort of calling several people who see Ape as scum based on his play as scum themselves. 

No argue there. I certainly do. But its not a judgement of APES play Im commenting on. My read on him is null.  Just you and Leelou acting like he is acting overtly towards Verbal spanking and quite honestly I see practically the opposite. I have no idea of his alignment. Just dont like what Im seeing from you and Leelou.

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

80 (3): Ape, Ballin, Crusher

Ape (3): Gerbal, Dicker, 80

JiF (1): JiF

Dicker (1): Leelou

Lee (1): JC

Pac (1): Hess

Crusher (1): Pac

Not Voting (2): Smash, Spoot

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

תוצאת תמונה עבור ‪Oz - buffy the vampire slayer gif‬‏

oh and...

Deadline:

Your Countdown

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

Ape (4): Gerbal, Dicker, 80, Hess

80 (3): Ape, Ballin, Crusher

JiF (1): JiF

Dicker (1): Leelou

Lee (1): JC

Crusher (1): Pac

Not Voting (2): Smash, Spoot

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline:

Your Countdown

תוצאת תמונה עבור ‪Anya gif‬‏

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Since when do we demand that Hess explains himself?  Damn Mafia is different this season.

Mafia hasn't started this season.  I liken this to the first scrimmage a week into training camp.

Archived