Geno will never play for the Jets again

Joe Jets fan

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Apparently our Super Bowl MVP believes Geno is a pussy.

SAR I

From whats being said, the coaching staff kept him out, Geno requested to return to the game. 

I guess that could look like pussy from afar. 

CORRECTION: @Pac has informed me that it was indeed the doctors, not the coaching staff that kept him out of the game when Geno requested to return.

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

From whats being said, the coaching staff kept him out, Geno requested to return to the game. 

Actually the Drs are the ones that kept him out.  If you incorrectly say it was the coaches then the hate crew has fuel to come up with another asinine conspiracy theory.

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

For the record, I liked a lot of what Geno did today, if he starts against Cleveland I'm good with it.  I think any Jets fan can see that both Fitz and Geno are the same quarterback, whatever upside one has over the other its a wash as their downsides put them both in the same place.

We won today because Joe Flacco was awful.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

What did he say?

This is sooo juicy!!!

lol. Twitter's reporting that Fitz is speaking "Freely" at the podium. Hear that when he was asked about "Geno's injury" he replied: "He's not sure about the injury (guessing the severity) but he feels that he should be the starter every week". 

Also something about him losing the confidence of the GM/Coach/Owner and how he plays better when he's angry and as an underdog. Maybe he should have told us about the "underdog" part before going 1-5. We could have put in Geno to piss him off to start the season. 

People are going to be devastated if/when it turns out that Petty is terrible too 

Ya know, I'm a play Bryce ASAP guy...and even I realize that he may in fact suck. I can accept that....just want to know if he does or not at this point because that needs to be the point of this awful season.

I already know Fitz and Geno suck.

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

What did he say?

This is sooo juicy!!!

Really outrageous stuff from fitzgarbage. Saying he feels coaches and owner have lost faith in him, but players still have faith in him. Feels he should start every week. I hate this douchebag, can't wait till he's gone!

2 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Ya know, I'm a play Bryce ASAP guy...and even I realize that he may in fact suck. I can accept that....just want to know if he does or not at this point because that needs to be the point of this awful season.

This 1000% - team needs to know what they have in Petty and if he can't handle the Browns, then we watch the Fitz and Geno show while scouting QB's in the draft

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

lol. Twitter's reporting that Fitz is speaking "Freely" at the podium. Hear that when he was asked about "Geno's injury" he replied: "He's not sure about the injury (guessing the severity) but he feels that he should be the starter every week". 

Also something about him losing the confidence of the GM/Coach/Owner and how he plays better when he's angry and as an underdog. Maybe he should have told us about the "underdog" part before going 1-5. We could have put in Geno to piss him off to start the season. 

Only the Jets could find themselves mired in a quarterback controversy with two players no one wants, each one posturing for next year's journeyman contract on next year's journeyman team.

Geno "I was really hurt, they took me out."
Fitz:  "I'm an angry underdog."
The NFL:  "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

Such a SOJ moment. 

SAR I

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

For the record, I liked a lot of what Geno did today, if he starts against Cleveland I'm good with it.  I think any Jets fan can see that both Fitz and Geno are the same quarterback, whatever upside one has over the other its a wash as their downsides put them both in the same place.

SAR I

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Only the Jets could find themselves mired in a quarterback controversy with two players no one wants, each one posturing for next year's journeyman contract on next year's journeyman team.

Such a SOJ moment. 

SAR I

At this point I have to agree with you. 

I was pulling for Geno but I had to keep it fair. You throw the football away and keep yourself on the field. He did neither. It's to the point where you cant continue to keep defending Geno but we cant continue putting Fitz on the field. Im not saying Geno is done and shouldnt start next week, however, this sh*t is really...REALLY wearing thin. 

It's like "pick your poison" at this point. Do you want a guy who has the physical tools but will make bad decisions or do you want a guy who's so limited that defenses basically sit on routes? 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

SAR I we won game over team effort. 

Not really.

Today was a repeat of the Seattle game or the Pittsburgh game except we played a cupcake.

Look, I'm happy with the win, we deserved it, and if you want to spin it as some bastion of "team effort" I'm not going to rain on your optimism.  But I believe Joe Flacco just had his worst day as a pro and I can't say its because our defense was so impressive, our special teams so dominant, and our quarterback play so sharp.  I think Ravens fans are probably ready to kill themselves and the other 30 NFL teams look at the film and think the Jets didn't do anything to get this win other than watch Joe Flacco sh*t the bed.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Not really.

Today was a repeat of the Seattle game or the Pittsburgh game except we played a cupcake.

Look, I'm happy with the win, we deserved it, and if you want to spin it as some bastion of "team effort" I'm not going to rain on your optimism.  But I believe Joe Flacco just had his worst day as a pro and I can't say its because our defense was so impressive, our special teams so dominant, and our quarterback play so sharp.  I think Ravens fans are probably ready to kill themselves and the other 30 NFL teams look at the film and think the Jets didn't do anything to get this win other than watch Joe Flacco sh*t the bed.

SAR I

The Jets won its a good day did you sell your tickets or eat them if you sold them you won too! 

I was pulling for Geno but I had to keep it fair. You throw the football away and keep yourself on the field. He did neither. It's to the point where you cant continue to keep defending Geno but we cant continue putting Fitz on the field. Im not saying Geno is done and should start next week, however, this sh*t is really...REALLY wearing thin. 

It's like "pick your poison" at this point. Do you want a guy who has the physical tools but will make bad decisions or do you want a guy who's so limited that defenses basically sit on routes? 

You want neither. We have two young guys to find out what they are.

Geno and Fitz both suck. Both have proven that.

So in a lost season. Let's find out if the next two suck

Sent from mTalk

12 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

So true. This season is over, stop pretending you can contend & find out who can play and who can't. That includes everybody besides the QB too. It may be Petty isn't ready because of his injury, but too many other young QBs have been thrown into the fire this year. Fitz & Geno are what they are. And yes, another play where Geno gets chased from the pocket, is in a position to just toss the ball out of bounds but holds it & takes a hit. Learn the f*cking rules dumbass.

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

I was pulling for Geno but I had to keep it fair. You throw the football away and keep yourself on the field. He did neither. It's to the point where you cant continue to keep defending Geno but we cant continue putting Fitz on the field. Im not saying Geno is done and should start next week, however, this sh*t is really...REALLY wearing thin.

It took us a couple of months but I think we're in the same place now.  And that's not a good thing, unfortunately.  I wish one of us was 100% right, would mean we have a bonafide NFL quarterback in Geno or Fitz and it's just not happening.

My opinion, if Joe Flacco has an average day we lose this game just as badly as the Seahawk or Steelers games.  We'd be bitching about the secondary giving up big plays, we'd be furious with special teams, we'd be killing Gailey over crap playcalling, we'd be busting on Bowles for the lack of discipline, etc.  We won because Flacco had his worst day as a pro.  I can't say the D made him play that way.  Sometimes quarterbacks get out of the wrong side of the bed.

SAR I

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It took us a couple of months but I think we're in the same place now.  And that's not a good thing, unfortunately.  I wish one of us was 100% right, would mean we have a bonafide NFL quarterback in Geno or Fitz and it's just not happening.

My opinion, if Joe Flacco has an average day we lose this game just as badly as the Seahawk or Steelers games.  We'd be bitching about the secondary giving up big plays, we'd be furious with special teams, we'd be killing Gailey over crap playcalling, we'd be busting on Bowles for the lack of discipline, etc.  We won because Flacco had his worst day as a pro.  I can't say the D made him play that way.  Sometimes quarterbacks get out of the wrong side of the bed.

SAR I

He also barely practiced this week because of some type of shoulder injury. Ravens fans are really hurting. Can you imagine losing to the Jets after watching our punter fumble & you score. Hand the ball off to Forte up the middle 30 times, Marshall dropping 3rd down catches, block a FG, and you were playing Geno Smith, then Ryan Fitzpatrick. They all want to kill themselves.

14 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Geno played better than Fitz, his QB rating was 134 and I didn't see anything from Fitz that would make him that the starter next week absent injury to Geno

Except that number is deceiving because of the Enunwa catch and run. It doesn't really matter. They have to turn the controls over to Petty at some point. Sooner the better. 

Only Fitz has himself to blame for this upcoming QB controversy.Agreed, he is what he is...there's no 2nd coming of Rich Gannon upcoming...sorry folks.In his defense,  he still is better than Geno for no way in 1000 years would Geno have won us 10 games last year. Geno is simply too inconsistent and unable to think fast enough on every play- which is what's needed. Case in point, the play in which he got injured. How can a QB which so many years of experience not know to throw it away? 

Front office needs to play the guy who gives  them the better chance to win next week . To me, it's Fitz. 

Take it 1 game at a time, and who knows, we could be 5-5 in a few weeks time.

51 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Actually the only Jets fan who could see that both are the same QB would be Stevie Wonder.

Geno was easily the much better QB today. 

21 minutes ago, NYPaperAirplanes said:

If Geno is healthy, start him next week. Give Petty time to heal and practice.

If Geno is healthy, then he doesn't get out of uniform and stand on the sideline the entire second half. There is either something wrong with his knee or there is something wrong with his drive. 

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Actually the only Jets fan who could see that both are the same QB would be Stevie Wonder.

Geno was easily the much better QB today. 

That's not true and you know it. He looked okay. He didn't look good or great. Both QBs looked average. Difference was Geno made another dumb play and got himself injured. 

48 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Such a SOJ moment. 

SAR I

Well said. It would be funny if it was some other team. I would love to sit here and speculate who will start next week. But the truth is, I don't actually care. They both suck.

9 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

That's not true and you know it. He looked okay. He didn't look good or great. Both QBs looked average. Difference was Geno made another dumb play and got himself injured. 

Oh, please.  Only the biggest twit who doesn't want to give it up to Geno would come here and disagree.  Every single announcer post game, Westhoff, Lucas, Cascadden, disagree with you.  

Your assclown QB in the red zone, inside the 5 lost yards.  Took a delay of game.  Smart?  On a key 3rd and 1 mid field, lost track of the clock, forced a quick bad pass to Marshall. 

Difference is you've stroked yourself into believing Fitz was better, don't stroke others. 

Archived