Geno will never play for the Jets again

Joe Jets fan

Just now, jack48 said:

Geno may walk around on the sideline and say it feels all right. But that is not running around on it and making plays.  If I were a betting man, I would say cartilage.  You can walk around and feel fine with cartilage----until the knee buckles.  If it is even a slight sprain, he sits for a while.

I tore my ACL pretty badly......and could walk on it after the injury.

I simply had absolutely no side-to-side support, and any movement or twisting would lead to a buckled knee and serious problems.

His standing on the sidelines says he was being a team player (rooting on his team), but it says nothing whatsoever about the severity of his injury.

I wish him a speedy recovery.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, SAR I said:

Jets give up on Fitzpatrick. Jets give up on Geno Smith. Tony Romo returns in Dallas. Mark Sanchez, New York Jet. 

I'm thinking Week 11.

SAR I

LOL

Man wouldn't that be something.  Jets IR smith, cut Fitz and sign Sanchez tomorrow.   Board would explode

15 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Bizarre that a guy goes to street cloths when we have no other Qb.  If he is in street cloths there better be something really wrong with the guy,  Save the friggin mri unto after the game.

ehh...at 1-5 what do you expect from this team.

37 minutes ago, August said:

Ian Rapoport said Geno's knee is fine and the MRI and keeping him out of the game was for precautionary reasons. 

Ian Rapoport is not a doctor and even if he was he wouldn't know the damage until after the MRI is performed today.  I have had 6 knee surgeries and some them felt fine while moving around and some of them blew up like balloons.  I hope Geno is right and it isn't anything serious.

4 minutes ago, Joejet said:

Ian Rapoport is not a doctor and even if he was he wouldn't know the damage until after the MRI is performed today.  I have had 6 knee surgeries and some them felt fine while moving around and some of them blew up like balloons.  I hope Geno is right and it isn't anything serious.

You're right I guess we'll see 

Geno is being treated completely unfair. He wasn’t playing bad at all before he left the game due to an injury. Then the doctors wouldn’t clear him to play the second half and our HOF QB decides to take a shot at him on Twitter. Totally uncalled for and detrimental. Namath is entitled to his opinion but the doctors have the final say like Geno said. All Namath did was stir up more anti Geno garbage by saying that.

Fitz played decent when he came in. Not great, decent. And he decides to bash the Owner and GM after the game? Totally uncalled for.

Geno was 4 for 8 with 1 TD and Peake and Marshall both had drops. He should be the starter next week in Cleveland. And this is coming from someone who isn’t a Geno Smith fan. The guy deserves a shot. Fitz didn’t win his job back yesterday IMO.

The most uproariously funny part of all this Qb stuff was seeing some of the geno fans getting outrageously upset at SAr for hammering on Geno in every single thread and calling him a troll....this after doing the exact same thing with Fitzpatrick for the last year every single day, 20 threads a day,

49 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Geno is being treated completely unfair. He wasn’t playing bad at all before he left the game due to an injury. Then the doctors wouldn’t clear him to play the second half and our HOF QB decides to take a shot at him on Twitter. Totally uncalled for and detrimental. Namath is entitled to his opinion but the doctors have the final say like Geno said. All Namath did was stir up more anti Geno garbage by saying that.

Fitz played decent when he came in. Not great, decent. And he decides to bash the Owner and GM after the game? Totally uncalled for.

Geno was 4 for 8 with 1 TD and Peake and Marshall both had drops. He should be the starter next week in Cleveland. And this is coming from someone who isn’t a Geno Smith fan. The guy deserves a shot. Fitz didn’t win his job back yesterday IMO.

Someone better talk to the Doctors then because this was not a concussion here, he should have been in uniform with no intention of playing unless Fitz git hurt so bad he could not go.

One thing further on this topic, it is totally idiotic that the NFL does not have a roster exempt 3rd QB in uniform for all teams. 

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Bizarre that a guy goes to street cloths when we have no other Qb.  If he is in street cloths there better be something really wrong with the guy,  Save the friggin mri unto after the game.

There is nothing bizarre about a player who was held out of the game by doctors being in street clothes.  There are injured players and inactive players on the sideline every week in street clothes.  Petty was on the sideline in street clothes too.  Drs aren't letting him in the game why should he be i uniform?  So if Fitz is hurt then you really start asking why Geno wasnt putback  in?

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

There is nothing bizarre about a player who was held out of the game by doctors being in street clothes.  There are injured players and inactive players on the sideline every week in street clothes.  Petty was on the sideline in street clothes too.  Drs aren't letting him in the game why should he be i uniform?  So if Fitz is hurt then you really start asking why Geno wasnt putback  in?

If he plays this week and has an owi the doctors should be fired.  This was not a concussion.  This is more an idiotic NFL problem than a jets problem.  There is no excuse for not letting teams have a roster exempt spot for a 3rd QB.

20 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If he plays this week and has an owi the doctors should be fired.  This was not a concussion.  This is more an idiotic NFL problem than a jets problem.  There is no excuse for not letting teams have a roster exempt spot for a 3rd QB.

You have no idea why.  If his knee was unstable he absolutely should have been kept off of the field.  Because if he's put out and get hurt worse they'll be the same scrutiny Shannahan and Skins Drs faced with RGIII

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You have no idea why.  If his knee was unstable he absolutely should have been kept off of the field.  Because if he's put out and get hurt worse they'll be the same scrutiny Shannahan and Skins Drs faced with RGIII

Half of every  NFL team should be in street clothes ion a weekly basis.

41 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I'll go you one further.....there is no legitimate reason I can think of have any "inactive" players.  

The entire concept is stupid.

53 man roster, all dress.  I'd prefer a larger roster than 53 frankly, but starting with "all on roster dress and are eligible" would be a good start.

Archived