BILLAL POWELL is the backup QB with Geno down

Lizard King

Well most teams don't have 4 QB's on their roster. Petty should start the next game. Geno wasn't impressive, still holding on to the ball too long and doesn't know how to get rid of it....still. Fitz is Fitz is Fitz. It was a win today but it wasn't pretty.

2 hours ago, Lizard King said:

Yup, they just said it on tv. That's why he stopped getting touches and brought inPope. 

I don't even know what to say. 

The fact that Bowles didn't have Hack as the emergency QB means Bowles can now qualify for the dumbest HC of the league. 

7 minutes ago, j4jets said:

The fact that Bowles didn't have Hack as the emergency QB means Bowles can now qualify for the dumbest HC of the league. 

Given how many players went out today and how deep he had to go down the depth chart he probably qualifies as the smartest HC today. 

This was ridiculous, as the announcers said.  You are so careful to make sure that if Fitz is hurt that Powell is available??  Is he so much better than snapping the ball to Forte?  And besides, what are the chances that both Powell *AND* Fitz will get hurt??

In terms of today's game roster, BFD. I give Bowles a lot of **** here but this is a big fat nothing. 

No one can see into the future, and had we needed another player elsewhere due to someone different getting injured, and we didn't have a replacement because we dressed 3 QBs, then that would have instead been the complaint.

Bowles does so many things wrong there's no reason to find fault with something everyone does. There are plenty of teams every year that don't have 3 QBs on the entire roster, let alone dress 3 of them on game day. 

1 hour ago, j4jets said:

I personally love when people say wrong things with so much conviction that they don't realize how wrong they are.

16 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

I see we're still creating things to be pissed off about. 

I  understand where you are coming from. Even when things go good, we look for the bad. 

I guess years and years of disappointments have us always bracing for the worst. 

We really do want to enjoy it.

But, we always think something will come along and ruin it. 

Probably some kind of self defense mechanism. 

Not saying it's right. It just is.

3 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Name me a team with 3 QBs on the gameday roster

3 hours ago, Larz said:

Emergency QBs aren't actual QBs

Your post made my day, txs

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Given how many players went out today and how deep he had to go down the depth chart he probably qualifies as the smartest HC today. 

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

I personally love when people say wrong things with so much conviction that they don't realize how wrong they are.

I realized after I had posted the message that the "emergency QB" rule was abolished in 2011. I, apparently, wasn't aware of it. So I do, in fact, take my words back. 

Archived