Fitz Playing the Teammates Like Me Card Again

JohnnyLV

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

9 /14 for 120 yards and a TD.

Did he make bad passes? Yes. Did he manage the Jets to a victory. Yes. Why cant people just say that he played okay and just get on with the buisness of being happy for a victory?

Because he didn't, anyone in the building could have dumped it off to Forte for the screen passes that netted 50 yards of his 120.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

LOL. You know how bad the Jets were at screens until last year. Stop going with the agenda and give the man his due this week.

He did nothing NOTHING.  The Jets D gave him the ball inside the 10 twice, you could have gotten the 10 points.

42 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

God he is an annoying douche. Laughed about getting back in the game (fake qualifier that it is not because Geno was hurt) and going on and on about how his teammates like him. Just cut this loser now and move forward.

He didn't sh*t the bed so I'm not gonna sh*t on him...yet. 

9 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

9 /14 for 120 yards and a TD.

Did he make bad passes? Yes. Did he manage the Jets to a victory. Yes. Why cant people just say that he played okay and just get on with the buisness of being happy for a victory?

If it makes you happy he was somewhere in between just ok and pretty bad. He made 1 good throw to Anderson and wasn't put in position to turn the ball over so I guess that's a start. FYI I am happy about the win but still don't expect much from this team.

Just now, RevisIsland610 said:

If it makes you happy he was somewhere in between just ok and pretty bad. He made 1 good throw to Anderson and wasn't put in position to turn the ball over so I guess that's a start. FYI I am happy about the win but still don't expect much from this team.

Neither do I. Which is why taking this a game at a time and celebrating victories are neccessary. Otherwise, why watch these games if you are never going to be happy at either outcome

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

What is your problem with him? What is ANYONE's problem with him? He's an average/mediocre QB.

He is not average, not mediocre, he is terrible, and I lived with it reluctantly while he made 3 mill, but after holding the Jets hostage for 7 months and the dumb organization giving him 12 million the mere sight of him taking the field makes me ill.  Also how about his 0-28 record on the road vs teams .500, or better, and other head turning horrendous stats he has.

Just now, Lupz27 said:

He is not average, not mediocre, he is terrible, and I lived with it reluctantly while he made 3 mill, but after holding the Jets hostage for 7 months and the dumb organization giving him 12 million the mere sight of him taking the field makes me ill.  Also how about his 0-28 record on the road vs teams .500, or better, and other head turning horrendous stats he has.

If he has thrown more TDs than INTs in his career, than he is not terrible. YOu can't convince me otherwise. 

And basically, you are showing an agenda. So you are putting Fitzpatrick over the success of the team. Shameful

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

If he has thrown more TDs than INTs in his career, than he is not terrible. YOu can't convince me otherwise. 

And basically, you are showing an agenda. So you are putting Fitzpatrick over the success of the team. Shameful

You actually thinking Fitz isn't terribleis shameful.  Good day sir.

Not sure if anyone caught this, but after Marshall recovered the fumble on the goal-line, there was a pile-on and Fitz jumped into the fracas pretty late, fighting to get to the bottom of the pile and to the ball. It was pretty clear that the Jets were already in possession of the ball and that the scrum was coming to end, but Fitzy dove right in to help his teammates.

I can't help but think many fans and many of Fitz's teammates appreciated the effort and "fight" that their quarterback showed in that situation. But me being skeptical of just about everything, I can't help but think that Fitz only jumped into the fray because he knew it would help him win over some of his teammates and fans, with the hopes that his "moxy" and "fight" would help him regain the starting job.

Just my two cents.

Just now, Jack Straw said:

Not sure if anyone caught this, but after Marshall recovered the fumble on the goal-line, there was a pile-on and Fitz jumped into the fracas pretty late, fighting to get to the bottom of the pile and to the ball. It was pretty clear that the Jets were already in possession of the ball and that the scrum was coming to end, but Fitzy dove right in to help his teammates.

I can't help but think many fans and many of Fitz's teammates appreciated the effort and "fight" that their quarterback showed in that situation. But me being skeptical of just about everything, I can't help but think that Fitz only jumped into the fray because he knew it would help him win over some of his teammates and fans, with the hopes that his "moxy" and "fight" would help him regain the starting job.

Just my two cents.

I just think he plays better when he is disrespected and an underdog. Like Brady does. (Not saying Fitz is Brady)

After his "organization and coaches lost faith in me" sob story in the post game conference I never want to see this guy play for the Jets again. They gave him 12 million when no one wanted him and continued to play him until the season was virtually lost despite his poor play. If Geno is good to go next week I want to see him play. Next year I'd be fine with Petty and Hack competing with a veteran/rookie that isn't currently on the team.

Just now, Jet in PA said:

After his "organization and coaches lost faith in me" sob story in the post game conference I never want to see this guy play for the Jets again. They gave him 12 million when no one wanted him and continued to play him until the season was virtually lost despite his poor play. If Geno is good to go next week I want to see him play. Next year I'd be fine with Petty and Hack competing with a veteran/rookie that isn't currently on the team.

I think he blamed himself for it

54 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Fitz wasn't awful today.......

But he shouldn't kid himself, Gailey called a game so as to not let Fitz embarrass himself out there....

Based on play Geno should play again IMO.....

Geno's QB rating was 134...... Just saying

smith's rating was 134 because Q ran the ball 60 yards, on a 68 yard TD.  smith was 4-8, took two sacks.  They didn't let smith throw the ball much the first half either.

In all honesty it looked like the game plan was to tank the game.  Flacco wouldn't let them

Just now, Jet in PA said:

I didn't get that from his comments but the same words can mean different things depending on your overall opinion of the person that's speaking. I'm not a huge fan of his as of late.

I just think a lot of people hate him for being an average mediocre QB. He is not horrible, He has stretches of good play and stretches of crap

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I just think he plays better when he is disrespected and an underdog. Like Brady does. (Not saying Fitz is Brady)

I think Fitz needs just about everything around him to be perfect, and that's when he appears to be a competent NFL quarterback. If things aren't perfect, he becomes streaky and is more likely to be bad than good.

Last year, Fitz faced an incredibly easy schedule, was playing behind a good offensive line, got a very good season out of Decker, and got career years out of Brandon Marshall and Chris Ivory. He was also backed up by a top 10 defense. And even with all of that, when it mattered most, he showed us who he really was in the Buffalo game: a fringe NFL starter / very good backup that isn't able to lead a team to the playoffs, even under the best of circumstances.

God he is an annoying douche. Laughed about getting back in the game (fake qualifier that it is not because Geno was hurt) and going on and on about how his teammates like him. Just cut this loser now and move forward.

Aren't u a Geno fan boy? I don't have a problem with Fitz the person, seems like a good guy and teammate.

Geno is just one of those jerks no one cam stand or wants to be around.

They both suck at qb though

Sent from mTalk

I just think a lot of people hate him for being an average mediocre QB. He is not horrible, He has stretches of good play and stretches of crap

It's been a decent stretch of crap. Buffalo he was incredible. It even when he doesn't turn it over he doesn't really make a ton of plays to win the game for multiple reasons. He's not the only thing wrong with the team at the moment but 12M for average/mediocre QB when you have Geno and two young guys on the roster basically free it makes it hard to take it easy on him or the organization.

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The locker room thinks Geno is a stooge. 

Word on the street is that Aaron Rodgers isn't exactly loved in the Packers locker room, so I'm not sure that that's a debilitating trait from a QB. Geno is an aloof guy, but he's not Jeff George.

5 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

I think Fitz needs just about everything around him to be perfect, and that's when he appears to be a competent NFL quarterback. If things aren't perfect, he becomes streaky and is more likely to be bad than good.

Last year, Fitz faced an incredibly easy schedule, was playing behind a good offensive line, got a very good season out of Decker, and got career years out of Brandon Marshall and Chris Ivory. He was also backed up by a top 10 defense. And even with all of that, when it mattered most, he showed us who he really was in the Buffalo game: a fringe NFL starter / very good backup that isn't able to lead a team to the playoffs, even under the best of circumstances.

Ok. But I dont expect FItz to take us there.

People who hate on Fitz for being what and who he is, but support Geno make me laugh. If Geno Smith is worth a lick as an NFL QB, the Jets never have a Fitzpatrick problem. It's Geno's fault that they ever had to trade for Fitz or bring him in to play at all. If Geno is even an average NFL QB, Fitz never sees the field. 

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

People who hate on Fitz for being what and who he is, but support Geno make me laugh. If Geno Smith is worth a lick as an NFL QB, the Jets never have a Fitzpatrick problem. It's Geno's fault that they ever had to trade for Fitz or bring him in to play at all. If Geno is even an average NFL QB, Fitz never sees the field. 

That's it, post of the year.  Can't find enough stupid things to blame on Geno.  Fitz never sees the field if Geno was a better player?  As silly as that is on its own, Fitz getting on the field had nothing to do with play, had nothing to do with him outplaying Geno, had to do with IK.

Archived