Fitz Playing the Teammates Like Me Card Again

JohnnyLV

4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

People who hate on Fitz for being what and who he is, but support Geno make me laugh. If Geno Smith is worth a lick as an NFL QB, the Jets never have a Fitzpatrick problem. It's Geno's fault that they ever had to trade for Fitz or bring him in to play at all. If Geno is even an average NFL QB, Fitz never sees the field. 

Geno was the #1 quarterback going into training camp last year and was winning the QB "battle" against Fitz before he got punched in the face. After Fitz won a few games, Bowles' hands were tied - if he went back to Geno and the team started losing, Bowles would have been run out of town.

If Geno never gets punched, he would have been our starting QB last year.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

People who hate on Fitz for being what and who he is, but support Geno make me laugh. If Geno Smith is worth a lick as an NFL QB, the Jets never have a Fitzpatrick problem. It's Geno's fault that they ever had to trade for Fitz or bring him in to play at all. If Geno is even an average NFL QB, Fitz never sees the field. 

How is it Geno's fault that the Jets organization has no clue how to find a QB worth anything?  It's not Fitz fault for sucking, it's Geno's fault he sucks because Geno himself sucks, that's just the stupidest thing I ever read.

1 minute ago, Jack Straw said:

Geno was the #1 quarterback and was winning the QB "battle" in training camp against Fitz before he got punched in the face. After Fitz won a few games, Bowles' hands were tied - if he went back to Geno and the team started losing, Bowles would have been run out of town.

If Geno never gets punched, he would have been our starting QB last year.

If Geno is the better player in camp and is the starter, he gets his job back no matter what. The Jets were 3-3 going into the bye last season. Not really unreasonable to think that Fitz had done well enough but they were going back to Geno, who was healthy. They had opportunity and they had all the reasons you stated to go with Geno. The staff decided against it at that time. Guess that Geno wasn't the better QB in the coaching staffs eyes then, huh?

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

How is it Geno's fault that the Jets organization has no clue how to find a QB worth anything?  It's not Fitz fault for sucking, it's Geno's fault he sucks because Geno himself sucks, that's just the stupidest thing I ever read.

Fitz never sees the field if Geno is a better QB. I'm not sure that's earthshaking news to you or any of the other Geno supporters. It's basic logic. 

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Fitz never sees the field if Geno is a better QB. I'm not sure that's earthshaking news to you or any of the other Geno supporters. It's basic logic. 

Reread your original post, comprehend what it says, then get back at me.

Just now, Lupz27 said:

Reread your original post, comprehend what it says, then get back at me.

I understand fully what I said and it's logically correct. I'm sorry you can't grasp the concept because of your prejudices against the QB you hate. It's best not to move this conversation forward any further because you obviously don't understand how this works. 

6 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

If Geno is the better player in camp and is the starter, he gets his job back no matter what. The Jets were 3-3 going into the bye last season. Not really unreasonable to think that Fitz had done well enough but they were going back to Geno, who was healthy. They had opportunity and they had all the reasons you stated to go with Geno. The staff decided against it at that time. Guess that Geno wasn't the better QB in the coaching staffs eyes then, huh?

What are you talking about? The Jets had a bye in week 5 last year and were 3-1. Geno missed the first four weeks of the season - did you really expect Bowles to hand the keys to Geno after Fitz started 3-1?

17 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

Word on the street is that Aaron Rodgers isn't exactly loved in the Packers locker room, so I'm not sure that that's a debilitating trait from a QB. Geno is an aloof guy, but he's not Jeff George.

Rogers is a gigantic ahole but can get away with it because he's skating to Canton.

these threads are so sad

the jets don't have a legitimate starting QB, and some dudes are all fired up over which back up is better

I really can't work up any kind of feelings for this team anymore

as a jets fan I have had to endure Marino in Miami, Kelly in Buffalo and Bledsoe in New England

we fight back with total ******* garbage

none of what the jets do in a 32 team league will matter until they find a HOF QB

so keep arguing which back up QB makes the better starter, it totally matters

1 hour ago, fusionCA said:

when you have a QB that the coaches are too scared to let him pass the ball its a total failure of the coaches and the front office. all of them should be fired .

Look the entire game plan was to run the ball first before and with Fitz. Actually Forte like in a previous 100 yard game had about 30 carries so his yards per carry was not outstanding but he had some important carries. When Fitz came in we were trailing and we won the game and he didn't turn it over. And I'll emphasize again he didn't lose the game for the Jets we won the game. I'll take it. You don't have to have an awesome statistical game as a Qb to win a game. He played better than a 20 million a year franchise Qb who did lose the game for his team. That was not an easy team to beat and we licked them. But the Fitz haters show their true colors again. They're haters. We win and they still complain. 

Just now, Jack Straw said:

What are you talking about? The Jets had a bye in week 5 last year and were 3-1. Geno missed the first four weeks of the season - did you really expect Bowles to hand the keys to Geno after Fitz started 3-1?

I meant they were 3-3 when he got hurt against Oakland. Not the bye. Apologies. 

Tom Brady was out the first four weeks this season and Jimmy G had the Pats at 3-1. The Pats went to their #1 QB anyway. If Geno was the #1 QB last season based on camp and the preseason, then why wouldn't he get his job back? He's younger and allegedly better. 

53 minutes ago, flgreen said:

smith's rating was 134 because Q ran the ball 60 yards, on a 68 yard TD.  smith was 4-8, took two sacks.  They didn't let smith throw the ball much the first half either.

In all honesty it looked like the game plan was to tank the game.  Flacco wouldn't let them

Lol

Someone else gets the credit for a good play and Smith gets the blame for 2 dropped passes, without which he'd have a 75% completion rate and more yardage. 

Also it's subtle but if Smith throws to Enunwa's right shoulder, it's not a TD because the DB takes a different angle and would make a bee line for Enunwa's right side, and would clock him.

So absent that, here is no 60 YAC and no TD on that play. And if it went down that way, no one would be talking about the missed opportunity for a TD.

Between Sheldon and Fitz now, and Cro last year, you just kinda get the feeling that the job is a little too big for Todd Bowles and that he lacks the nerve to really be the leader of the team. This happens in the NBA all the time: the ex-player becomes the HC and can't figure out that they're now the adult in the room.

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Tom Brady was out the first four weeks this season and Jimmy G had the Pats at 3-1. The Pats went to their #1 QB anyway. If Geno was the #1 QB last season based on camp and the preseason, then why wouldn't he get his job back? He's younger and allegedly better. 

If you're going to seriously compare Geno Smith and Tom Brady as if they're the same, then I can't continue this conversion. I'm bowing out. 

If you're going to seriously compare Geno Smith and Tom Brady as if they're the same, then I can't continue this conversion. I'm bowing out. 

It's best you do so that you don't embarrass yourself any further. The Jets won. Take solace in that. It's a good day. 

5 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

This is still wrong. The Jets were 4-2 going into the Oakland game last year. It's no wonder that PatsFanTX has mopped the floor with you for the past 10 years.

2 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

They're just playing stupid right now. Geno is a bad QB that doesn't have nowhere near the same job security as Brady does in NE. So if another guy steps in and play well why on earth would Bowles go back to Geno? They swear they're making some profound point every time they say why Bowles didn't go back to Geno, or "this tells you everything you need to know about how they feel about him".

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

"My team likes me" is so terrible. Instead, he should be a sulky douche.

Sour grapes and hypocrisy are good bed fellows.

No crying Me, Me, Me at the podium after a win, and calling out his coaches, front office, and owner is dispicaple, and if Geno ever did this everyone would want him cut 5 minutes later.

12 minutes ago, Larz said:

these threads are so sad

the jets don't have a legitimate starting QB, and some dudes are all fired up over which back up is better

I really can't work up any kind of feelings for this team anymore

as a jets fan I have had to endure Marino in Miami, Kelly in Buffalo and Bledsoe in New England

we fight back with total ******* garbage

none of what the jets do in a 32 team league will matter until they find a HOF QB

so keep arguing which back up QB makes the better starter, it totally matters

Dumbest fanbase in the NFL strikes again.

The Jets actually win a game and the two hottest threads right now are one bashing Geno and one bashing Fitz.

Embarassing. :bag:

Just now, shawn306 said:

The Jets actually win a game and the two hottest threads right now are one bashing Geno and one bashing Fitz.

To be fair Fitz brought this to light with that shameful post game press conference. 

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

No crying Me, Me, Me at the podium after a win, and calling out his coaches, front office, and owner is dispicaple, and if Geno ever did this everyone would want him cut 5 minutes later.

There is always going to be butthurt on the internet taking exception to everything.

Its dumb.

Bryce will be the perfect QB for the Jets fans, because his name sums up their relationship with the team perfectly.

4 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

That's not how I heard or read that press conference at all. He didn't really call out anyone. He stated a truth. They had all lost confidence in him and he was benched. That couldn't have felt good. He was just being the same honest Fitz that he's always been. 

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

Who is PatFanTX? A friend of yours? I've never heard of her. 

We'll ignore that every one of your posts in this thread has contained blatantly false information that you've tried to pass off as facts to support an argument that has been thoroughly pwned.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

There is always going to be butthurt on the internet taking exception to everything.

Its dumb.

Bryce will be the perfect QB for the Jets fans, because his name sums up their relationship with the team perfectly.

Just looked it up. Bryce means 'swift' so ????

:) 

3 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

And we actually have a third quarterback that's embarrassing us today, Joe Namath who can't keep his mouth shut. 

It's like somebody asking you if you would rather die by electrocution or lethal injection; either way you end up in the same place.

SAR I

We'll ignore that every one of your posts in this thread has contained blatantly false information that you've tried to pass off as facts to support an argument that has been thoroughly pwned.

You said Geno was the #1 QB and better than Fitz. Why wouldn't he automatically get his job back after he was healthy? Or after Fitz got injured? You have yet to satisfactorily answer that. Record and schedule shouldn't matter. If Geno is the best QB he should have played. He didn't. 

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

You said Geno was the #1 QB and better than Fitz. Why wouldn't he automatically get his job back after he was healthy? Or after Fitz got injured? You have yet to satisfactorily answer that. Record and schedule shouldn't matter. If Geno is the best QB he should have played. He didn't. 

Where did I ever say Geno was better than Fitz? I said that going into training camp last year that Geno was the #1 QB. This is true. I also said that during training camp, Geno was beating Fitz out. This is true. 

What is inaccurate in my above statement?

6 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

That's not how I heard or read that press conference at all. He didn't really call out anyone. He stated a truth. They had all lost confidence in him and he was benched. That couldn't have felt good. He was just being the same honest Fitz that he's always been. 

http://m.newyorkjets.com/videos/videos/Ryan-Fitzpatrick-Postgame-Press-Conference-1023/4ec3244c-a956-476d-bac0-a5e1e4d1eca1

Agree completely, watch the first two minutes of the press conference and you will see he is being self-deprecating, he's talking about the life of a journeyman quarterback and the reason they get benched is because of a loss of confidence by the organization. 

He was not taking any backhanded stabs at anybody, if anything it was shockingly refreshing to hear a quarterback talk like this. 

SAR I

Archived