Fitz Playing the Teammates Like Me Card Again

JohnnyLV

Just now, Smashmouth said:

that stuff was said in fun to get a laugh. I don't think Geno is a very good QB and at this stage Fitz is stinking it up as well ..but obviously hamburger college was used to get a laugh as was the other crap you posted and most of it was probably in response to some nasty sh*t going in the other direction

Then why wasn't it funny?

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, jack48 said:

Yup.  Neither of them are in the plan. If these kids do not progress they will go out and find another tomato can to start next year.  I say throw caution to the wind, but that is easy for me to say. Pro coaches, especially ex athletes, do not like to  lose.

an easier schedule is ahead and bowles would prefer to start fitz and get back to respectability.  this is not when they're thinking about petty.  if they lose to cleveland they'll be thinking about petty.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

an easier schedule is ahead and bowles would prefer to start fitz and get back to respectability.  this is not when they're thinking about petty.  if they lose to cleveland they'll be thinking about petty.

I haven't seen Cleveland.  But I expect them to be terrible.  If it is close.......I fully expect us to blow one of the next three, whether Geno starts or Fitz.  Then I expect to see Petty after the bye.  i think it was the long range plan when they announced Geno last week

Just now, jack48 said:

I haven't seen Cleveland.  But I expect them to be terrible.  If it is close.......I fully expect us to blow one of the next three, whether Geno starts or Fitz.  Then I expect to see Petty after the bye.  i think it was the long range plan when they announced Geno last week

assuming they beat the browns, the dolphins game looms large.  they have a bye this week so they'll be fresh for the jets.  if the jets beat the browns and dolphins, they return home to face the rams to potentially go 5-5, so if this happens petty isn't getting in.  petty gets in sooner if they lose that phins game.

31 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Ok so I called you an asshat ..you that's in fun ...have you read some of the posts about Ryan Fitzpatrick ?

Yes I have. It's really nothing compared to what's been tossed about Smith, and you not only had no objection to it, but you actually contributed to it. Most things fans say about anyone associated with the team - Fitz, Smith, Sanchez, Rex, Bowles, Tannenbaum, Bradway, etc. - is totally fine. We're rooting for performance and when we don't get it many get upset while some stick up for those being criticized. It's nothing new. I've been on both sides of this many times. Big freaking deal. 

For example, Geno clearly isn't a good QB no matter what is said about him on this board. No matter what anyone thinks on either side of "I've seen enough" vs "He needs another chance" debates, and everything in between, there has been legitimate racist stuff said about Geno and - not that it's your job to police it but - you called out nobody. Even the things that weren't due to that, they were far, far worse than anything said about Fitzpatrick. Yet through it all, there wasn't this self-righteous crusade against Jets fans like you're doing now, like you're so much better than all who aren't you.

After your relative shoulder-shrugging of it with Smith, the comparatively weak-tea criticism of Ryan Fitzpatrick makes you see fiery red, though, and you bust out the word "cruel" to describe the fans that (gasp!) don't like what they see or hear. 

Even the most ardent Fitz-lover/Geno-hater couldn't possibly post something so silly as suggesting posts about Ryan Fitzpatrick are crueler than those about Geno Smith, and you are doing precisely this by only pointing out one but not the other (and in fact, contributing to the other). 

You have a narrow view of things. 

15 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

that stuff was said in fun to get a laugh. I don't think Geno is a very good QB and at this stage Fitz is stinking it up as well ..but obviously hamburger college was used to get a laugh as was the other crap you posted and most of it was probably in response to some nasty sh*t going in the other direction

No. It's that you live in glass house.

4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yes I have. It's really nothing compared to what's been tossed about Smith, and you not only had no objection to it, but you actually contributed to it. Most things fans say about anyone associated with the team - Fitz, Smith, Sanchez, Rex, Bowles, Tannenbaum, Bradway, etc. - is totally fine. We're rooting for performance and when we don't get it many get upset while some stick up for those being criticized. It's nothing new. I've been on both sides of this many times. Big freaking deal. 

For example, Geno clearly isn't a good QB no matter what is said about him on this board. No matter what anyone thinks on either side of the "I've seen enough" vs "He needs another chance" debate, and everything in between, there has been legitimate racist stuff said about Geno and - not that it's your job to police it but - you called out nobody. Even the things that weren't due to that, they were far, far worse than anything said about Fitzpatrick. Yet through it all, there wasn't this self-righteous crusade against Jets fans like you're doing now, like you're so much better than all who aren't you.

After your relative shoulder-shrugging of Smith, the comparatively weak-tea criticism of Ryan Fitzpatrick makes you see fiery red, though, and you bust out the word "cruel" to describe the fans that (gasp!) don't like what they see or hear. 

Even the most ardent Fitz-lover/Geno-hater couldn't possibly post something so silly as suggesting posts about Ryan Fitzpatrick are crueler than those about Geno Smith, and you are doing precisely this by only pointing out one but not the other (and in fact, contributing to the other). 

dhMeAzK.gif?noredirect

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

I think Petty will start the game after they get to 7, certainly to 8, losses.  8 losses means no playoffs for sure, and realistically 7 does, what with tie breakers already in place.  Maybe they start him after 7 losses.  But certainly by 8.

Does it make a difference?  I suppose so, but it's kind of hard for me to see the FO and CS going there until they think the playoffs are unreachable.  Yeah I know many here would say the playoffs are made unreachable if the Qb is Fitzpatrick, some will say if it's Smith, or both.  But I don't think they want to in effect go on record saying that by starting Petty.

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

For example, Geno clearly isn't a good QB no matter what is said about him on this board. No matter what anyone thinks on either side of "I've seen enough" vs "He needs another chance" debates, and everything in between, there has been legitimate racist stuff said about Geno and - not that it's your job to police it but - you called out nobody. Even the things that weren't due to that, they were far, far worse than anything said about Fitzpatrick. Yet through it all, there wasn't this self-righteous crusade against Jets fans like you're doing now, like you're so much better than all who aren't you.

After your relative shoulder-shrugging of it with Smith, the comparatively weak-tea criticism of Ryan Fitzpatrick makes you see fiery red, though, and you bust out the word "cruel" to describe the fans that (gasp!) don't like what they see or hear. 

Well, it's certainly true there's more than a little to the both sides do it assessment on the Fitzpatrick v. Smith thing, especially when you add in those who don't like either of those two.  And I did not post regularly again here until April, so I can't speak as you implicitly do to the period before then.  And in that connection I have not seen racist stuff said about Smith - perhaps the mods have been deleting that?  Yeah that is totally unacceptable, and why go there in the first place?  You can say plenty bad about him just focusing on his performance and personality.  Bad as being a racist is, it is made somewhat worse by serving no purpose, if I am making myself clear here. 

But on coming back here I was struck by what given is the evidence of other forums that there is a disproportionate percentage of pro-Smith fans here.  And they do seem to go beyond pro-Smith statements to personal attacks on Fitz who, after all, helped the Jets win yesterday.  I personally find their Smith bias distasteful and stupid, and watch the negative reps come in for my having merely stated this perception.

Having said that, I think "cruel" is not the best standard for assessing posts, so on that we agree.  But right now, the anti-Fitz legion seems to be disproportionate, in more ways than one.

....there has been legitimate racist stuff said about Geno and - not that it's your job to police it but - you called out nobody.

Wait, you're a Moderator.  And you're publicly calling out a poster for not calling out the stuff YOU and your fellow Mods should have insta-moderated?

You are, in effect, calling him a racist-by-passive-silence?

This may be the point where the Geno/Fitz debate jumps not just a shark, but jumped an entire school of Sharks with Frikin' Laser Beams in a Dune Buggy made of liquid metal Fail.

Holding your membership to account for "not calling out" perceived racism that is, in fact, your role to moderate is about a silly an argument as I've seen made here, and that says alot given how derptastic this place has become this year.

12 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

Well, it's certainly true there's more than a little to the both sides do it assessment on the Fitzpatrick v. Smith thing, especially when you add in those who don't like either of those two.  And I did not post regularly again here until April, so I can't speak as you implicitly do to the period before then.  And in that connection I have not seen racist stuff said about Smith - perhaps the mods have been deleting that?  Yeah that is totally unacceptable, and why go there in the first place?  You can say plenty bad about him just focusing on his performance and personality.  Bad as being a racist is, it is made somewhat worse by serving no purpose, if I am making myself clear here. 

But on coming back here I was struck by what given is the evidence of other forums that there is a disproportionate percentage of pro-Smith fans here.  And they do seem to go beyond pro-Smith statements to personal attacks on Fitz who, after all, helped the Jets win yesterday.  I personally find their Smith bias distasteful and stupid, and watch the negative reps come in for my having merely stated this perception.

Having said that, I think "cruel" is not the best standard for assessing posts, so on that we agree.  But right now, the anti-Fitz legion seems to be disproportionate, in more ways than one.

No doubt. And we really try not to read that stuff into it because it's a serious charge. The one who got banned yesterday, we let it go for some 5 months, but the only way to presume there was any other standard by which 2 (both bad) QBs were being judged was to willfully ignore it, and we need not wait for n-bombs to be lofted.

Smith has made the bed he's laying in, both on and off the field. Maybe not totally because I can't actually condone criminal behavior, but the likelihood that this was really just over a matter of $600 and nothing more I find hard to believe even with a neanderthal like IK.

It seems disproportionate because something unflattering with him is in the news now, and has been all year from the contract to his play. I don't read much into it other than a bunch of I-told-you-so stuff. People who were so against bringing him back in the first place feel vindicated on that front. It happens with lots of players, happens with coaches, GMs, and the owner so BFD. If you had been around here over the years you'd have heard far worse tossed towards Smith, Rex, Sanchez, Tannenbaum, Bradway, Herm, etc.

15 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Wait, you're a Moderator.  And you're publicly calling out a poster for not calling out the stuff YOU and your fellow Mods should have insta-moderated?

This may be the point where the Geno/Fitz debate jumps not just a shark, but jumped an entire school of Sharks with Frikin' Laser Beams in a Dune Buggy made of liquid metal Fail.

Holding your membership to account for "not calling out" perceived racism that is, in fact, your role to moderate is about a silly an argument as I've seen made here, and that says alot given how derptastic this place has become this year.

Way to twist things around into your own words. It's what you do, so I'm not surprised.

After giving someone enough of a leash, enough is shown that initial suspicions seem more confirmed. Until then it is just that: suspicion. Before painting anyone with that brush we let people hang themselves, in case it was merely a misunderstanding, and he did hang himself.

If someone is going to refer to discussion of one player "cruel" it loses its edge when such discussion is so meh compared to what was so visibly lofted against another. As a poster he's not under any obligation to call out and brand anyone. It's that he's calling out criticism of Fitzpatrick "cruel" while absolving the other with his silence. It's laughable.

But hey, you're still frustrated about being wrong, so you need someone else to be angry at to feel better about yourself.

I'm here for you in your time of need, because JetNation is the site that cares.

35 minutes ago, Warfish said:

=D>

20 hours ago, johnnysd said:

God he is an annoying douche. Laughed about getting back in the game (fake qualifier that it is not because Geno was hurt) and going on and on about how his teammates like him. Just cut this loser now and move forward.

Dude said this like those coaches, GM/Owner didnt have a valid reason. 

Atleast Marshall and Mangold is still his friend.

11 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Way to twist things around into your own words. It's what you do, so I'm not surprised.

:rolleyes:

It's laughable.

Sure, racists should be insta-gibbed and banned.  Forum Moderation 101.

De facto calling your OTHER posters racist for not "calling out" other posters racism enough after the fact?  

Seriously?

Look, it's pretty obvious which side of the Fitz/Geno divide JN's staff resides on and has resided on.  You guys were right, Fitz failed.  Geno.....who knows, he hasn't proven anything yet, so a little less smug might be in order.

But far too many "you're a racist" claims have been made against those critical of Geno for his ON-FIELD performance, and seeing you lecture and insult your membership for not doing more of that is pretty damn sad.  

No, Geno criticism doesn't make you a racist, and no, Geno did not get any more (or less) criticism than Fitz has in this era of fail.

But hey, you're still frustrated about being wrong, so you need someone else to be angry at to feel better about yourself.

Might want to actually read the forum you Moderate once in a while Sperm.  You might realize how off target you are with that.

Even so, unlike some, I don't measure my personal worth by how often I'm right on the Internet.  

And if I did, I'd still come out ahead of most of this lot here.

I'm here for you in your time of need, because JetNation is the site that cares.

JN is something, alright.

21 hours ago, johnnysd said:

God he is an annoying douche. Laughed about getting back in the game (fake qualifier that it is not because Geno was hurt) and going on and on about how his teammates like him. Just cut this loser now and move forward.

I know Bowles is a moron, but if you are the coach and you are hearing what this pos said your not going to bench him ? Thanks in largely to fitz worst qb play in the NFL, we realistically have no shot at making the playoffs halfway through the season.. to me, at least always being in the hunt ( like most teams are early ) is important.. So why reward this doosh after the"  wohh is me" card.. Bowles needs to find some balls..

18 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Dude said this like those coaches, GM/Owner didnt have a valid reason. 

Atleast Marshall and Mangold is still his friend.

He such a child.. the owner, gm, coaches did believe in this moron.. why they gave him 12 million.. They are the victims, not fitzgarbage.. the balls on this pos

No doubt. And we really try not to read that stuff into it because it's a serious charge. The one who got banned yesterday, we let it go for some 5 months, but the only way to presume there was any other standard by which 2 (both bad) QBs were being judged was to willfully ignore it, and we need not wait for n-bombs to be lofted.

Smith has made the bed he's laying in, both on and off the field. Maybe not totally because I can't actually condone criminal behavior, but the likelihood that this was really just over a matter of $600 and nothing more I find hard to believe even with a neanderthal like IK.

It seems disproportionate because something unflattering with him is in the news now, and has been all year from the contract to his play. I don't read much into it other than a bunch of I-told-you-so stuff. People who were so against bringing him back in the first place feel vindicated on that front. It happens with lots of players, happens with coaches, GMs, and the owner so BFD. If you had been around here over the years you'd have heard far worse tossed towards Smith, Rex, Sanchez, Tannenbaum, Bradway, Herm, etc.

I am not surprised, either, by the I told you so stuff, which doesn't mean crap to me.  I was referring to what seems to me to be a disproportionate percentage of Smith fans here.

But other than that clarification, we've covered this point enough.

I don't get all the hype about this. Clearly the owner, GM, and coach did loose faith in him, and it hurt. He said he wanted to be professional, but he is a person. Was it too much? Absolutely. Did he say that he didn't understand how they lost faith in him? not really. Should he have shut the f* up and just talked about football and the game? Yes. I don't really care about the rest of it.

It wasn't very professional, but it was sincere. I didn't care for it, but he didn't offend me or make me want him dumped. The way he was playing made me want to see him benched, but not dropped.

I still think they should start Petty as soon as possible. Cleveland looks like a good start. the FO probably wants a few more wins, but I think if Petty has anything in him that would let him start next year, he should be able to win a few games with our schedule. Especially if the defense will show up. Free Petty - and then this press conference will be old news...

11 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

I am not surprised, either, by the I told you so stuff, which doesn't mean crap to me.  I was referring to what seems to me to be a disproportionate percentage of Smith fans here.

But other than that clarification, we've covered this point enough.

Totally agree. I just think what you're seeing is someone else's "turn" or something. It'll fade. It always does.

You should have been around when "Geno Lover" or "Fitz Lover" separations were "Sanchez lovers", "Rex lovers", "Herm-aphrodites", and more. 

Again, it fades. The only thing that really makes division lines go away, for the most part, is a real winner. Even then there will be some of it, but just not as much.

48 minutes ago, Warfish said:

:rolleyes:

Sure, racists should be insta-gibbed and banned.  Forum Moderation 101.

De facto calling your OTHER posters racist for not "calling out" other posters racism enough after the fact?  

Seriously?

Look, it's pretty obvious which side of the Fitz/Geno divide JN's staff resides on and has resided on.  You guys were right, Fitz failed.  Geno.....who knows, he hasn't proven anything yet, so a little less smug might be in order.

But far too many "you're a racist" claims have been made against those critical of Geno for his ON-FIELD performance, and seeing you lecture and insult your membership for not doing more of that is pretty damn sad.  

No, Geno criticism doesn't make you a racist, and no, Geno did not get any more (or less) criticism than Fitz has in this era of fail.

Might want to actually read the forum you Moderate once in a while Sperm.  You might realize how off target you are with that.

Even so, unlike some, I don't measure my personal worth by how often I'm right on the Internet.  

And if I did, I'd still come out ahead of most of this lot here.

JN is something, alright.

Where did you get that I called poster a racist for not "calling out" other posters?

Oh, right. You're doing that thing again, on cue, where you make up things that people say, and then get on your soap box as you act above it all in your denouncements. 

I know this is a struggle, but again, we're here for you in your time of need. The cornerstone of this website is love.

Archived