Watching Fitz Lead the Jets to a win was Awesome

AFJF

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Larz said:

I read last year's crop sucked. Oops

Wentz and Prescott.

Wentz rose late and was overlooked because he played in a JV league. Prescott got himself a DUI right before the draft, but I liked him coming out. 

What's left? Hack? Goff? LOL. Maybe we'll find out someday. But the 2017 class has garbage written all over it. People are hyping Deshaun Kizer....just like they did Matt Barkely or Brady Quinn. I don't see it . 

There's some talent on the horizon, but it's more than a year out.

3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Wentz and Prescott.

Wentz rose late and was overlooked because he played in a JV league. Prescott got himself a DUI right before the draft, but I liked him coming out. 

What's left? Hack? Goff? LOL. Maybe we'll find out someday. But the 2017 class has garbage written all over it. People are hyping Deshaun Kizer....just like they did Matt Barkely or Brady Quinn. I don't see it . 

There's some talent on the horizon, but it's more than a year out.

They are both top 10 as rookies, nothing to lol at and nobody was predicting that October of last year

Just now, Larz said:

It's so sad we are arguing over which crap QB is better

Geno's wepinz crew?

It's sad because they're arguing a straw man. No Fitz supporter is even saying Fitz should be starting. Most are on the Petty bandwagon. This season cannot end quickly enough so that we can all move on as fans from both. 

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

It's sad because they're arguing a straw man. No Fitz supporter is even saying Fitz should be starting. Most are on the Petty bandwagon. This season cannot end quickly enough so that we can all move on as fans from both. 

Ugh

Who is the last smart QB we had, Pennington?

Who is the last smart QB with an arm?

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

Got back-up reps all week in practice, bad weather, came in cold, no Dekcer.

Started off 7 for 7 IIRC with the eventual TD pass to Forte.

Didn't turn the ball over and hit Robby Anderson on a big throw down the middle late in the game for 28 yards.  Fitz actually called a TO right before that play to go speak to Patullo so he was probably telling him he saw something that made him feel like they could get a big play down the middle.

I saw some of the O-linemen giving him a few "atta' boys" when he came in for Geno, clearly liked by his guys.

All that being said...thanks for a nice season last year Fitz.  I'm sure you're one of the better people in the NFL and I hope you hang around to help develop our young guys or find your way as a broadcaster.

Keep trotting Geno out there until that becomes a waste and just give the team to Petty for the remainder.

No more Geno please...the whole team looked ready for defeat while he was in there..play petty stop the excuses 

37 minutes ago, cant wait said:

That shovel pass fitz threw to the rushing DL from the 6 yard line might have been his worst throw of the year. But what else should you expect from the worst QB in the league

So Flacco was better than Fitz was. Is that what you're saying. 

2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The season was a wash the second we hit 1-5, and the season should have immediately turned to Petty and Hackenberg.

I understand why the run-of-mill chuckleheads don't get it, but you're RutgersJF......you're actually really bright and insightful.  One of JN's brightest IMO.

So what part of "Petty isn't ready yet" and "teams don't pack it in till math says out" is confusing you?   Honestly?

Petty will not see the field (outside an injury) until the Jets are out, formally out, mathematically out.   

And they're not going to throw games for some ill defined draft-based chance at "future long term opportunities".

I get your thinking from a cold-blooded logic perspective, but it's just not realistic.  You have to know that, right?

16 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I understand why the run-of-mill chuckleheads don't get it, but you're RutgersJF......you're actually really bright and insightful.  One of JN's brightest IMO.

So what part of "Petty isn't ready yet" and "teams don't pack it in till math says out" is confusing you?   Honestly?

Petty will not see the field (outside an injury) until the Jets are out, formally out, mathematically out.   

And they're not going to throw games for some ill defined draft-based chance at "future long term opportunities".

I get your thinking from a cold-blooded logic perspective, but it's just not realistic.  You have to know that, right?

It's not realistic because we have an owner that has no clue what he is doing. This is the exact same opportunity that the Jets had in 2007 and 2014 and they blew it both times. The Jets need to start looking at bad seasons as opportunities, not something they need to selvedge while in the midst of it. If Petty is ready, that's great. If he isn't ready, that's great too. There is no downside to playing him. 

3 hours ago, Cap'nObvious said:

Fitz has zero future here, but he cleaned up Geno's mess. The whole team outside of Enunwa looked uninspired while Geno was out there, they just don't like him. You could see as soon as Fitz got out there it all changed. Too bad Fitz does not have a real NFL arm

Genos' mess?

He was 4 for 8 for 95 yards and a TD. And that was with Peake dropping a ball and marshall dropping a big pass. He wasn't playing bad at all before the injury. I'm not a Geno fan but you have to be fair. He wasn't doing a bad job.

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

So Flacco was better than Fitz was. Is that what you're saying. 

Fitz definitely had the worst play of the game that's for sure. He's lucky the DL batted the ball down instead of catching it because that should have been a game ending pick 6 

16 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It's not realistic because we have an owner that has no clue what he is doing. This is the exact same opportunity that the Jets had in 2007 and 2014 and they blew it both times. The Jets need to start looking at bad seasons as opportunities, not something they need to selvedge while in the midst of it. If Petty is ready, that's great. If he isn't ready, that's great too. There is no downside to playing him. 

Put him onto the field after holding a clipboard for only a year & a half??? He'll get ruined. Lol. 

22 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It's not realistic because Petty was hurt, and isn't fully back/practiced/ready yet.  He's not ready.

It's not realistic because no matter how cold blooded a fan might be, the coaches, players and FO are simply not.  Not for us, not for anyone.

The downside in playing him is...he's not ready.  Season is already lost, we agree, so what harm is it sitting him till he's ready?  Petty getting 6 starts is materially no different than Petty getting 9 starts.  Both often plenty of time for evaluation.

And since Hack is miles and years away from playing, Petty is the only one that matters, no rush to Hack in any circumstance.

We'll see Petty, when the season is really finished.  Give it a few weeks.  Not happening sooner in the real world, and no, it's not because of the owner.  LOl, owner conspiracies too?

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

It's not realistic because Petty was hurt, and isn't fully back/practiced/ready yet.  He's not ready.

It's not realistic because no matter how cold blooded a fan might be, the coaches, players and FO are simply not.  Not for us, not for anyone.

The downside in playing him is...he's not ready.  Season is already lost, we agree, so what harm is it sitting him till he's ready?  Petty getting 6 starts is materially no different than Petty getting 9 starts.  Both often plenty of time for evaluation.

And since Hack is miles and years away from playing, Petty is the only one that matters, no rush to Hack in any circumstance.

We'll see Petty, when the season is really finished.  Give it a few weeks.  Not happening sooner in the real world, and no, it's not because of the owner.  LOl, owner conspiracies too?

I never thought the owner had anything to do with the QB change when it was made during the week. However, I did find it very odd that Fitz specifically mentioned the owner today as losing faith in him

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Fitzgerald is and has been a fine back up. He excelled in that roll today.  Limited practice reps and played good enough to win. Still leaves us no starter and never mind a franchise....pfft.  Can't even saying it without hating myself.  Play Geno till Bruce remembers to dress on gameday.  Some point be nice to see Hack get some real NFL action. Today was fun. 

Fitzgerald? Bruce? A Jets' win? I'm in Bizzarro Jets World.

4 hours ago, Cap'nObvious said:

Fitz has zero future here, but he cleaned up Geno's mess. The whole team outside of Enunwa looked uninspired while Geno was out there, they just don't like him. You could see as soon as Fitz got out there it all changed. Too bad Fitz does not have a real NFL arm

So dumb, it infuriates me. Did you just started watching football? Where were you the first 6 wks? Was Fitz 'inspiring' anything positive outside of the Bills game? Geno was still better than Fitz today. Fitz is one of the luckiest QB to ever play the game, just not lucky enough to win more than 6, save for last season. D played out if it's mind in the second half. No credit to Fitz there. He still managed to keep the Ravens in the game with his shaky play in the 4th quarter when completed 2 out of his last 7 passes. The D gave him the ball at the 3. He managed to go backwards and get the free 3 points. Then the next possession, the D hands the ball to him at the 24. Thanks to some excellent hand off skills, Forte picked up the 3rd Jets TD. Besides an incomplete pass, Fitz added nothing. 

Yet, here we are praising Fitz as if he actually put up those 10 gifted points. He had that one decent drive in the 2nd quarter. That's it. Really, that's it. Bunch of 3 and outs and a drive with Forte picking up 11 on the first play and roughing the passer giving us the 2nd FD. Fitz did nothing, but yeah, he's well liked and inspiring. Our record proves it. 

4 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The W was nice, but once again we are sacrificing long term opportunities for short term gratification. The season was a wash the second we hit 1-5, and the season should have immediately turned to Petty and Hackenberg. At best, we surprisingly find out we have a guy. At worst, we land a top 2 pick. Unfortunately we are now on our way to a 6-10 season with no chance of drafting high enough for a top QB prospect.

Mariota looking great is only making this worse. We had that guy dead to rights and instead traded two meaningless December wins for him. This team is never going to learn from its mistakes, ever ever ever. And it's going to be just great when this dumpster fire of a season lands us another cornerback or something. 

There is no QB worth a tank this year. This year started off looking like it could be a Bortles-Bridgewater-Carr type of class and unfortunately tapered off into a poor man's Ponder-Locker-Gabbert with no Cam type of class.  Next year when Josh Rosen is eligible and Kizer likely coming out with a little more seasoning (I doubt he declares this year)?  Sign me up for a nuke of the team.  

For now, get used to the idea of Petty and Hack competing with a Vet like Cutler, Glennon (most believable IMO), Romo (doubt it), etc.  It's likely what's gonna happen.  Hell, even if we bomb this year and have a chance at one of the QB's I'd rather take a guy like Myles Garrett, Top CB/FS, or a blue chip O-Lineman (C or T only) instead. 

4 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

None of Geno's throws were more than 15 yards down the field. He didn't try a deep ball once. His completion percentage was all on short and intermediate routes. 

Yeah, you don't know what you're talking about. 

5 hours ago, elgoman said:

Fitz was terrible today as per usual. Geno was more accurate and was responsible for a TD himself. The defense and Flacco are responsible for the win.

Gen was playing well. I know he was 4 for 8, but there were 2 bad drops in there

If he didn't have those 2 drops he would of been way more productive that Fitz overall ., I think they both suck but Fitz did nothing but prove he really is a backup QB at best today.

bowles did a good job using the run and defense to hide them today . With Geno mental issues are still a concerned with Fitz limitation are very real  

8 hours ago, AFJF said:

Didn't turn the ball over and hit Robby Anderson on a big throw down the middle late in the game for 28 yards.  Fitz actually called a TO right before that play to go speak to Patullo so he was probably telling him he saw something that made him feel like they could get a big play down the middle.

I saw some of the O-linemen giving him a few "atta' boys" when he came in for Geno, clearly liked by his guys.

All that being said...thanks for a nice season last year Fitz.  I'm sure you're one of the better people in the NFL and I hope you hang around to help develop our young guys or find your way as a broadcaster.

Keep trotting Geno out there until that becomes a waste and just give the team to Petty for the remainder.

Fitz succeeded today because he came in a little tentative and was not slinging the ball all over the field trying to put this team on his back. Just like the Defense excelled because they simplified things so did the offense and the QB. As I stated in another thread this should have been done much earlier in the season on both sides of the ball and maybe we would be looking at a 4-3 record rather than 2-5.

3 hours ago, j4jets said:

Yeah, you don't know what you're talking about. 

Just because you say so or do you have something to actually validate your claim? Just watch the game. For a guy who was supposed to be able to throw down field, the coaching staff never called a play for him to do it. Probably because they don't trust him. 

10 hours ago, AFJF said:

I saw Fitz complete two good passes yesterday.  The rest were dumpoffs.  I saw some pretty inaccurate throws too.  What I did see was our D giving him ridiculous field position.  I also saw an OC who did not trust him to throw it in the red zone and ran it 6 times (thanks to a penalty) inside the 5.  I saw him throw sidearm from his own end zone and haas it swatted down, and I saw him miss a wide open receiver in their end zone.  I don't know what you see, but I still see our QB problem.  And for him to say the team stopped believing in him is ridiculous.  This guy held out all pre season when he knew that no one on God's green earth wanted him.  He was sitting home hoping that one of his fellow QBs broke their legs.  Then he shows up right before TC and shows that he is totally ill prepared to play a season.  Proceeds to be perfectly terirble over j6 games, and then whines when he is sat down. He acts like he won the game yesterday.  Clue for Fit:  the D won it.  If it were up to me I would have cut him right after the statement.  But since Geno is hurting that is unlikely.

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

Fitz still missed some throws. Easy 3rd and short with cb playing 3 yars cushion, simple game of catch and Fitz throws it waaay behind Brandon Marshall. It was a big drive late that could have put the game out of reach.

He's just terrible. 

he cant even throw a five yard spiral on a short slant like that.  It was a wobbler and it was way late. Super dangerous

9 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Geno completed 50% of his passes. Fitz completed 64% of his. Enunwa was largely responsible for the Geno score. 

Fitz perceived success was based on the fact that he went up against a poor 3-4 football team. And as usual some fans are falling for it. 

Atleast Geno can say that wr's dropped a couple of his passes yet still finished with 1 TD, no turnovers and a 133 rating while averaging over 11 yards per pass. 

Archived