To the "Geno Guys" that were yapping all week.

Jet_Engine1

5 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

He doesn't always realize what he is. He's not good enough to take the gambles he takes. He needs to just worry about moving the ball down the field and cutting down his turnovers.

That will be what's carved on Ryan Fitzpatrick's tombstone

8 hours ago, win4ever said:

Lol, I'm not sure how you argue that Fitz played better.  Geno played better, albeit both QBs were helped out by the receiver on their TDs.  Now I haven't seen the coaches tapes, but it sure looked like Geno was leading the offense better. 

Stop making sense. You'll be crucified. 

3 hours ago, jamesr said:

Well, if Geno just scored a TD on that drive ... no need to punt. Simple! :-P 

Ah, thats it! And here I am, trying to get an answer how Geno allowed the Special Teams TD. Thanks for the help!

Update on the Geno Smith injury i wasn't going to start another Geno thread..............

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Jets believe Geno Smith's knee is "fine."

Smith will undergo an MRI Monday, but Rapoport reports it is precautionary. If Geno is fine, the Jets will be in a difficult position this week. Neither Smith nor Ryan Fitzpatrick played particularly well, but Fitzpatrick was efficient after replacing Smith and made noise after the game about wanting to start. With the Browns next up on the schedule, whoever starts will be worth a look for quarterback streamers.

10 hours ago, win4ever said:

Lol, I'm not sure how you argue that Fitz played better.  Geno played better, albeit both QBs were helped out by the receiver on their TDs.  Now I haven't seen the coaches tapes, but it sure looked like Geno was leading the offense better. 

Where did I say Fitz played better? Fitz was Fitz. Geno was....well, Geno. 

They both suck. But hapless Geno got hurt again after being his usual below average self. Neither is the answer, but there were plenty of people who apparently believed Geno would come out and somehow turn into Warren Moon. 

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

They both suck. But hapless Geno got hurt again after being his usual below average self. Neither is the answer, but there were plenty of people who apparently believed Geno would come out and somehow turn into Warren Moon. 

With all due respect......we all know what Fitzpatrick brings to the table and it isn't good so hoping Geno Smith would change whats been going on here at the QB position was something to believe in. 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

With all due respect......we all know what Fitzpatrick brings to the table and it isn't good so hoping Geno Smith would change whats been going on here at the QB position was something to believe in. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000726416/article/fitzpatrick-jets-owner-gm-coach-lost-faith-in-me%3fnetworkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url%3Dstory&zoneKeys=s1%3Dstory&env=&pageKeyValues=prtnr%3Daround-the-league%3Bteam%3Dnyj%3Bconf%3Dafc%3Bdvsn%3Dace%3Bplyr%3Dryan_fitzpatrick%3Bplyr%3Deugene_smith%3Bplyr%3Dbryce_petty&p.ct=Around+the+NFL&p.adsm=false&p.tcm=%23fff&p.bgc1m=%230964bf&p.bgc2m=%23053a74&sr=amp?client=safari

i hope jets put back on the bench just for being such a little girl what he said after game .. this guy is such a loser.. when you are the worst qb in the league in 2016, and you don't believe you earned a benching,,

15 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Geno looked OK throwing the ball, but since he still has zero field awareness and doesn't have the good sense to know when to climb the pocket, or break the pocket and throw the ball away, he managed to get sacked a couple of times, with the last one causing him injury and may have cost him a chance to put some tape up in a tryout for his next contract or team. Because he still runs around behind the LOS like a chicken with its head cut off making bad things happen.

That is who Geno is. He HAS no field awareness or the "athleticism" to avoid the rush, especially when it comes up the middle. He is supposed to be a terrific athlete but doesn't show it on game day. Game too fast for him.

8 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I don't know. The SNY guys said Fitz was running it better. 

I thought Geno played much better when looking at the TV tape, although I haven't looked at the game tape.  He got victimized (along with Fitz) on drops, especially the Marshall drop because that very well could have been a huge gain.  

I like to see what happened on the last play, because the Ravens bought a blitz but Geno still didn't find anyone open.  I would like to see how they formed that defense. 

6 hours ago, j4jets said:

Stop making sense. You'll be crucified. 

People love/hate Geno, people love/hate Fitz.  

I'm honestly just tired of seeing the same thing over and over again with Fitz.  

5 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Well I'm saying Geno played better, so this injury hurts the Jets overall because we lost a better player, so it's somber.  

13 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

This is like saying Adam Sandler was funnier than Robin Williams after he stopped doing drugs. 

17 hours ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Geno did fine it was his first game back. He threw the ball well, he is not without some flaws but has played better than Fitz did during his short time in. He still drops back too far but to be fair he did step up in the pocket and avoided pressure. I would like to see him play a few more games.

I don't want to see Petty until the CS feels he is 100% ready and recovered, however, if Geno sh*ts the bed that's a different story.

Book it now for 2017. Trips to Canada are cheap in the winter. 

While I am not a "geno guy" I do not hate him personally. That would be irrational. Yeah Yeah I know a rational Jet Fan who woulda thunk it? I hate his terrible decision making, his lack of football smarts, his immaturity, and most of all I hate his complete and utter inability to learn. Granted he probably should have been holding a clipboard in year 1 but I doubt it would have made a difference knowing what we know now. I have said it before and I will say it again. Geno Friggin Smith is not the answer, has never been the answer, and never will be the answer.

Archived