Rookie receivers

sirlancemehlot

It should be said:   When Geno was in there, his WR"s did everything possible to NOT play well.  Drop, after drop, after drop.

Same as with Fitz.  

Our WR Group this year, veterans right down to rookies, has been vastly to drop-drops this year, and it's a big part of why the O has had trouble.

Save the "throw was behind them/hard" complaints.  This is the NFL, if it hits BOTH your hands, you damn well better catch it.

Our opponents do, our guys have not.  Not consistently.

14 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Marshall

Peake

Anderson 

Which is the most valuable to this team right now.  Special teams count.

Just wondering because last year's second rounder could be in the mix soon. Who goes if anyone?

These rookies appear more polished than DS was last year. 

All are raw as hell but I like that they each bring something a little different to the table.

Peake plays like a tough possession guy who fights for extra yardage and has played well covering kickoffs on specials.

Anderson is a legitimate deep threat with great speed and made a great leaping catch over the middle on Sunday.

Marshall looks like a shifty slot guy who has been decent on kick and put returns, just needs to work on his ball security.

Lot of potential in all of them just got to do better at catching the ball.

10 hours ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Marshall

Peake

Anderson 

Just wondering because last year's second rounder could be in the mix soon. Who goes if anyone?

Anderson is a flat out baller and Marshall does more bad than good.

Not sure but they're the most exciting development on this team, by far.

Neither of them are going anywhere. 

28 minutes ago, TJ said:

I like Robbie Anderson,  but as Parcells once said he looks "wormy"   He's too skinny,  he needs to get in that weight room.   Needs ten lbs of bulk! 

24 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Yes and take away his speed advantage like with Mauldin

Doesn't always happen. Won't necessarily lose his speed. Many young players physically mature within a few years.

I also thought Mauldin was more involved yesterday than previous games. Maybe he's adjusting to his bigger size

1 hour ago, Happy Clouds said:

Doesn't always happen. Won't necessarily lose his speed. Many young players physically mature within a few years.

I also thought Mauldin was more involved yesterday than previous games. Maybe he's adjusting to his bigger size

Or Maybe playing a 34 defense with real outside Linebackers as the attack dogs and using the linemen to protect them helps  both the Linebackers and the linemen .

6 hours ago, Nick Blitz said:

All are raw as hell but I like that they each bring something a little different to the table.

Peake plays like a tough possession guy who fights for extra yardage and has played well covering kickoffs on specials.

Anderson is a legitimate deep threat with great speed and made a great leaping catch over the middle on Sunday.

Marshall looks like a shifty slot guy who has been decent on kick and put returns, just needs to work on his ball security.

Lot of potential in all of them just got to do better at catching the ball.

Peake can actually get down the field.  You just wouldn't know, since the QB can't get the ball there.

2 hours ago, Happy Clouds said:

He probably will lose speed with 10 more pounds.  

7 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

The WR group is pretty talented. But man do they drop a lot of passes.

Enunwa had a fair few drops last year ... he's doing much better this year.

Guys will hopefully develop, given playing time and further practice time / coaching.

15 hours ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Marshall

Peake

Anderson 

Marshall is barely 21 I think...he will have a long career

Peake getting better every game and so is Anderson

If it came down to Devon and 1 of these 3 I would just keep Devon on IR 

36 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

Marshall is barely 21 I think...he will have a long career

Peake getting better every game and so is Anderson

If it came down to Devon and 1 of these 3 I would just keep Devon on IR 

With Geno heading to IR and there being other positions that have easily cuttable players (e.g., TE), I don't think a return of Devin Smith needs to have any impact on those other 3.  Once he's healthy, let him come back and see if he can earn himself some playing time.  If he ends up stuck behind all of those other guys, then so be it.

23 hours ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Marshall

Peake

Anderson 

I'd have to go Robbie Anderson. Stats may not show it given the QB, but this guy has gotten wide-open numerous times this season and either the ball was underthrown, preventing a TD or even an uncontested catch or Fitz was concentrating on Marshall and didnt even throw the ball to him.

Anderson accounts for zero TD's this season, he should have had atleast 5. 

10 hours ago, NYJCAP2 said:

I like Anderson a lot, I think he has best ball skills which pairs well with his deep speed, just needs to get stronger to the ball.

Andersons physique & skill set reminds me of Fred Belitnikoff

Yea he's skinny but but he's got good hands, timing, and I think will be a great route runner. He's got a deceiving glide to him. Can he fight off man on man press coverage is what he probably has to work on. But with a real QB you better get your hands on him or he's behind you in the blink of an eye.

Jets should be set at WR when they finally find a REAL QB. 

On 10/23/2016 at 11:47 PM, sirlancemehlot said:

Marshall

Peake

Anderson 

Well, nobody will need to go b/c of Decker's injury. 

B. Marsh, Marshall, Peake, Anderson, Enunwa and Butler are the Jets receivers right now. That's 6 and Butler has yet to p[lay (I think). So you will probably see him go when Smith is ready to come back- to keep it at 6 WRs.  

8 hours ago, Jetster said:

Andersons physique & skill set reminds me of Fred Belitnikoff

Yea he's skinny but but he's got good hands, timing, and I think will be a great route runner. He's got a deceiving glide to him. Can he fight off man on man press coverage is what he probably has to work on. But with a real QB you better get your hands on him or he's behind you in the blink of an eye.

Jets should be set at WR when they finally find a REAL QB. 

All the receivers over the last 4 decades and you see Belitnikoff? Really?  Anderson is 6'3, rail thin, and blazing fast.  I don't think anyone would use speed and Belitnikoff in the same sentence.  FB was a great route runner, more quick than fast and had incredible hands.  Sorry but I don't see the comparison at all.  Anderson is more like an Alvin Harper type to me. 

Archived