I'm Sorry Ryan ...

KRL

1 minute ago, whodeawhodat said:

c'mon man.  Fitz made a couple passes to not lose the game. Flacco and the Ravens lost the game, we didnt win in my opinion.  the teams we played earlier in the year, dont lose games for the most part, they go out and win games while we went out and took the beating.  I remember seeing individual plays yesterday from Flacco where in weeks past, opponents were capitalizing on.  yesterday we capitalized on their mistakes, sometimes...

i'm kidding.  he had a few nice passes, yes.  but the d won it yesterday.  they pressured flacco, were directly responsible for 10 2nd half points and held them to 6 yards rushing.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

i'm kidding.  he had a few nice passes, yes.  but the d won it yesterday.  they pressured flacco, were directly responsible for 10 2nd half points and held them to 6 yards rushing.

Honestly, I look at it as the Ravens losing more than the Jets winning. I wouldnt have been one bit surprised if the warlock himself Charlie Sheen popped up on my TV for a close up of his meth teeth and said "winning, duh!!!" as the clock went to zero on the game....

Just now, whodeawhodat said:

Honestly, I look at it as the Ravens losing more than the Jets winning. I wouldnt have been one bit surprised if the warlock himself Charlie Sheen popped up on my TV for a close up of his meth teeth and said "winning, duh!!!" as the clock went to zero on the game....

the jets d stuck it to them.  they completely shut down the run, forced the ravens to throw, then put pressure on flacco.  and they actually covered in the 2nd half.  the d and the o-line were great in the 2nd half yesterday.

Just now, jack48 said:

Ha ha.  NO, I said Geno being hurt makes it impossible.  But if he wasn;t I pass this guy out into the general population

okay, i thought you were inferring that fitz got cut when Geno was named starter last week.

54 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

the D did okay second half. Second INT was a gift. Flacco threw at least 4 passes yesterday that were begging interception.  Maybe the shoulder was hamperingh him.  The O line wore the Ravens out.

5 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

okay, i thought you were inferring that fitz got cut when Geno was named starter last week.

No. I was talking about the post game stuff.  Can't do that.  Cannot sh*t on everybody above you in the food chain.  Now they all look like men without balls.  And their hands are kind of tied.  It is almost like Ryan has drawn a line in the sand between players and management.  The guys like him, and he has kind of told management to piss off.  Kind of brazen for a QB with his credentials and record of performance this year.

Does anyone truthfully expect Ryan to win games when the defense blows and there is no running game, against top defenses with consistently horrible field position?? Not a good Fitzformula. Even Gruden said it doesn't matter who is back there. This team is outclassed top to bottom by good football teams. 

5 hours ago, KRL said:

You're right, I do believe in you:

- I do believe you lead the league in INT's

- I do believe that before yesterday's relief appearance you were 1-6 in
your last seven games

- I do believe you pre-determine who you're going to throw to before the snap
is in your hands

- I do believe you consistently miss open receivers because you refuse to 
scan the field

- I do believe you must be the most delusional QB in the entire league.  First
you held out all off-season thinking you were going to be in high demand.  Then
you have the nerve to call out the front office because they FINALLY held you
accountable for your bad/reckless play

Grow up take responsiblity for your crappy play and shut your mouth.  You should
be embarrassed by that display yesterday

It's amazing.. how did this guy grad from Harvard and be so dam stupid ? 

1 hour ago, UpstateJetsGuru said:

Does anyone truthfully expect Ryan to win games when the defense blows and there is no running game, against top defenses with consistently horrible field position?? Not a good Fitzformula. Even Gruden said it doesn't matter who is back there. This team is outclassed top to bottom by good football teams. 

At the time I think Gruden meant it didn't matter who was back there between Fitzpatrick and Geno. Now under the narrow guideline of all that stacked against a QB? Yeah there aren't many who would still consistently lead us to victory. I do think we'd have more wins with a better QB out there, though. Our ceiling was not the # of wins we had over the first 6.

You'll get no argument from me that there's plenty wrong with this team, but consistently poor play from any team's QB is going to lead to a worse running game, worse field position, and a tired defense. People have seen plenty of teams turn things around with a change that would seem to be unrelated. It's why - even if it was with only Geno - people understood Bowles benching Fitzpatrick to try to spark the team. Trying to spark the whole team - including the defense - by changing the QB should make no logical sense on paper, yet we've all seen it happen plenty. Doesn't mean it's going to happen; just means that a coach can't keep doing the same thing even longer or he's endangering his own job, and understandably so. 

45 minutes ago, jack48 said:

No. I was talking about the post game stuff.  Can't do that.  Cannot sh*t on everybody above you in the food chain.  Now they all look like men without balls.  And their hands are kind of tied.  It is almost like Ryan has drawn a line in the sand between players and management.  The guys like him, and he has kind of told management to piss off.  Kind of brazen for a QB with his credentials and record of performance this year.

well now he should feel like an idiot for publicly lobbying for a job that is now clearly his.  and i'm sure he'll say some nice things about geno just to sound sincere.

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

At the time I think Gruden meant it didn't matter who was back there between Fitzpatrick and Geno. Now under the narrow guideline of all that stacked against a QB? Yeah there aren't many who would still consistently lead us to victory. I do think we'd have more wins with a better QB out there, though. Our ceiling was not the # of wins we had over the first 6.

You'll get no argument from me that there's plenty wrong with this team, but consistently poor play from any team's QB is going to lead to a worse running game, worse field position, and a tired defense. People have seen plenty of teams turn things around with a change that would seem to be unrelated. It's why - even if it was with only Geno - people understood Bowles benching Fitzpatrick to try to spark the team. Trying to spark the whole team - including the defense - by changing the QB should make no logical sense on paper, yet we've all seen it happen plenty. Doesn't mean it's going to happen; just means that a coach can't keep doing the same thing even longer or he's endangering his own job, and understandably so. 

I understand your points, which you outline very impressively, but how on earth is it that Seattle, who I think had only a handful of first downs the entire game were able to hold Arizona to only three points.I believe Seattle punted some 15 times. In fact, both esteemed quarterbacks did little to nothing against the defenses that Fitz struggled against. Also, this team had the one GREAT offensive performance against the Bills this year and BARELY won the game. The Jets dominated in time of possession, yet the defense still got gashed by huge plays. As for the defense being tired in other instances, they have given up a number of huge plays even at the beginning of games - often the team finds themselves down a couple scores after the first few possessions. What was the excuse in the first half yesterday? Flacco had 200 yards by the intermission. Yet they were able to run moderately well in the second half against a pretty stout run d simply by sticking with it. That turned out to be a sound strategy. Note that the Ravens, despite a record setting INT free streak by their QB, who has a big arm, could not run the ball, essentially pressuring Flacco to force balls which created turnovers and turned the game. Another perplexing thing worth noting is Gailey's stubbornness to throw on 3rd and very short with Fitz (usually ends up unsuccessfully), yet when they run they more often than not convert. 

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

As soon as Bryce Petty is healthy suspend Ryan Fitzpatrick give this clown what he deserves. 

I dislike him more today than I did yesterday for that presser. 

Weird, I would have thought the whining would have endeared him to you. For obvious reasons.

3 hours ago, UpstateJetsGuru said:

I understand your points, which you outline very impressively, but how on earth is it that Seattle, who I think had only a handful of first downs the entire game were able to hold Arizona to only three points.I believe Seattle punted some 15 times. In fact, both esteemed quarterbacks did little to nothing against the defenses that Fitz struggled against. Also, this team had the one GREAT offensive performance against the Bills this year and BARELY won the game. The Jets dominated in time of possession, yet the defense still got gashed by huge plays. As for the defense being tired in other instances, they have given up a number of huge plays even at the beginning of games - often the team finds themselves down a couple scores after the first few possessions. What was the excuse in the first half yesterday? Flacco had 200 yards by the intermission. Yet they were able to run moderately well in the second half against a pretty stout run d simply by sticking with it. That turned out to be a sound strategy. Note that the Ravens, despite a record setting INT free streak by their QB, who has a big arm, could not run the ball, essentially pressuring Flacco to force balls which created turnovers and turned the game. Another perplexing thing worth noting is Gailey's stubbornness to throw on 3rd and very short with Fitz (usually ends up unsuccessfully), yet when they run they more often than not convert. 

Because their defense is not only really good, but also because anyone - even a bad player - has good days and bad days. Even in the absence of their own offense moving the ball and scoring points, a defense can still put forth a good performance. Not everything has to match up and follow a rule, even if things typically do trend in the expected way. It doesn't have to make sense on paper. Just like: Team A beats Team B. Team B beats Team C. So Team C won't beat team A, right? Meanwhile it happens regularly.

I don't think they ran well because they stuck with it. They ran well because they ran well. Doing something poorly for long enough doesn't mean it will eventually work, like feeding Ivory the ball 23 times vs Jax and still only finishing with 26 yds.

Gailey's stubbornness isn't that simple. Fitz has 3-5 places to throw it. Gailey doesn't tell him to throw to the covered, underneath player no matter what.

To be fair to Gailey, or even OCs far worse, any play looks stupid when it doesn't work and smart when it does. That doesn't mean the idea was necessarily smart or stupid from the get go.

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Because their defense is not only really good, but also because anyone - even a bad player - has good days and bad days. Even in the absence of their own offense moving the ball and scoring points, a defense can still put forth a good performance. Not everything has to match up and follow a rule, even if things typically do trend in the expected way. It doesn't have to make sense on paper. Just like: Team A beats Team B. Team B beats Team C. So Team C won't beat team A, right? Meanwhile it happens regularly.

I don't think they ran well because they stuck with it. They ran well because they ran well. Doing something poorly for long enough doesn't mean it will eventually work. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. A real bruiser of a back like Ivory could really wear down a defense. Meanwhile he was also capable of being given the rock a couple dozen times in a game and still finish with under 30 yards. He didn't suddenly get better, and running it didn't suddenly work, by virtue of feeding him the ball more.

Gailey's stubbornness with regards to Fitz isn't on just one of them. Fitz has 3-5 places to throw it. Gailey doesn't tell him to throw to the underneath player no matter what. I agree Gailey is stubborn, but last year what used to get to me was throwing too deep on 3rd & 1-3 (almost always incomplete).

To be fair to Gailey, or even OCs far worse, any play looks stupid when it doesn't work and smart when it does. That doesn't mean the idea was necessarily smart or stupid from the get go.

You make some very good points, but you saw exactly what happened to the Jets against Arizona when they didn't move the ball. Furthermore, I believe that EVERY quarterback against the Jets had a 300 yard passing day. Russell Wilson has been ineffective in half of the Seahawks games but not against the Jets. That is too many trends to label it anything but a decisive pattern. As for 3rd and short, throwing once in a while is good, but virtually every time they throw, often with an empty backfield. How did you like the third and a foot throw followed by the punt yesterday, particularly after they had picked up 9+ yards on the ground the first two downs?

Just now, UpstateJetsGuru said:

You make some very good points, but you saw exactly what happened to the Jets against Arizona when they didn't move the ball. Furthermore, I believe that EVERY quarterback against the Jets had a 300 yard passing day. Russell Wilson has been ineffective in half of the Seahawks games but not against the Jets. That is too many trends to label it anything but a decisive pattern. As for 3rd and short, throwing once in a while is good, but virtually every time they throw, often with an empty backfield. How did you like the third and a foot throw followed by the punt yesterday, particularly after they had picked up 9+ yards on the ground the first two downs?

Like I said, that is the typical result. Everything doesn't proceed as typical.

Wilson has had difficulty in half his games but not all of them. Our secondary sucks but it's not like everyone else shut him down. Our crap pass D is also somewhat putting players where they aren't likely to succeed. Just like you allude to with the play calling and Fitzpatrick.

Throwing on 3rd & short is fine. Forcing it in to a low percentage attempt, either due to coverage being tight, the pass being just that far downfield in the absence of being wide open, or both.

I didn't like a lot of Gailey's play calling. What bothered me the most was starting every series with Forte up the gut. Over and over and over. It was infuriating.

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Like I said, that is the typical result. Everything doesn't proceed as typical.

Wilson has had difficulty in half his games but not all of them. Our secondary sucks but it's not like everyone else shut him down. Our crap pass D is also somewhat putting players where they aren't likely to succeed. Just like you allude to with the play calling and Fitzpatrick.

Throwing on 3rd & short is fine. Forcing it in to a low percentage attempt, either due to coverage being tight, the pass being just that far downfield in the absence of being wide open, or both.

I didn't like a lot of Gailey's play calling. What bothered me the most was starting every series with Forte up the gut. Over and over and over. It was infuriating.

Yes...it has been an infuriating pattern of late. Even when our d makes a stop it is almost never a 3 and out, so they wind up pinning us deep - doesn't it seem like every opponent has a punter who an boom the ball and pin us inside the ten. We then invariably start with an off tackle run or two and the token 3rd and nine, which if we don't convert gives the opponent great field position where they either score quickly or pin us deep again. And then, pinned back again, you can expect an offensive hold and a long yardage situation. And punt returns? Do we EVER get a good one?

10 minutes ago, UpstateJetsGuru said:

Yes...it has been an infuriating pattern of late. Even when our d makes a stop it is almost never a 3 and out, so they wind up pinning us deep - doesn't it seem like every opponent has a punter who an boom the ball and pin us inside the ten. We then invariably start with an off tackle run or two and the token 3rd and nine, which if we don't convert gives the opponent great field position where they either score quickly or pin us deep again. And then, pinned back again, you can expect an offensive hold and a long yardage situation. And punt returns? Do we EVER get a good one?

Well we're not a very good team. Not to be outdone by the players themselves, we're also not a very well coached team.

Don't go badmouthing the run-run-pass-punt scheme while calling yourself a Jets fan. 

9 hours ago, Jetdawgg said:

Talk like this can cause a team to divide. Particularly when it comes from the QB position. Tact and integrity are important qualities

Will assume you messed up who/what you were trying to quote

22 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Fitz sounded like a moron. He lost the trust of everyone due to his awful play. He's a smart guy and he's getting paid 12 mil to ride the bench the rest of the year. 

He should shut up just as much as Geno should.

#Ready4Petty

Ironically, I thought the Geno presser was the best he has ever done.  Go figure.

22 hours ago, KRL said:

You're right, I do believe in you:

- I do believe you lead the league in INT's

- I do believe that before yesterday's relief appearance you were 1-6 in
your last seven games

- I do believe you pre-determine who you're going to throw to before the snap
is in your hands

- I do believe you consistently miss open receivers because you refuse to 
scan the field

- I do believe you must be the most delusional QB in the entire league.  First
you held out all off-season thinking you were going to be in high demand.  Then
you have the nerve to call out the front office because they FINALLY held you
accountable for your bad/reckless play

Grow up take responsiblity for your crappy play and shut your mouth.  You should
be embarrassed by that display yesterday

I do believe they believed in him since they paid him 12 million. That's a lot of belief.  I should be so delusional. Maybe I could get a date with Jessica Alba.

12 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Well we're not a very good team. Not to be outdone by the players themselves, we're also not a very well coached team.

Don't go badmouthing the run-run-pass-punt scheme while calling yourself a Jets fan. 

Oh cmon what do you mean we're not a good team? Don't you know this is ALL Fitz's fault! It's his fault the play calling sucks.   It's his fault the OL can't get a yard on 3rd and 1.  It's his fault we drop passes left and right.  It's his fault Decker got hurt and no one else can be relied on in the red zone. It's his fault Mac paid him all that money.  It's his fault he won 10 games last year. and set high expectations this year.  It's his fault we are always playing from behind and Gailey tries and forces him to turn into Dan Fouts. It's his fault the defense can't hold a lead. It's his fault we are always getting terrible field position, it's his fault the defense can't play defense, get a sack, make a play or get a turnover. It's his fault the ST unit STILL sucks and is still costing us games. It's his fault this team has a mediocre running game with no back that can run faster than Sheldon. It's his fault we have the worst, most torched secondary in the NFL.  It's his fault we are one of the highest penalized teams in the NFL.  It's his fault Bowles has no clue how  to make in game adjustments or that Gailey implements a game plan way over his skill set. It's his fault Mac has done squat to improve an overaged, lousy OL. It's his fault he can't kick, punt, run, cover, coach, trade, game plan, block, tackle.  It's his fault he's asked to do more than he's capable of. He is who he is. A back up QB who could win under the right situation. He's a game manager ala Trent Dilfer not Johnny Unitas. It's his fault Geno was denied any playing time for over a year.  And ultimately it's all his fault we're 2-5 and he's being made out to be the scapegoat by the idiots who run and assembled this crappy team. And Its his fault he took exception to it. SOJ. Good for Fitz to make OTHERS accountable....and they know who they are. 

21 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

I COULD CARE LESS

I could care more but what's the point. This team is run by a coffee addicted GM on the forge of a nervous breakdown, a clueless, passionless coach who should be coaching college Divison II and an owner who knows nothing about football and payed off millions to have someone hire these bozos. Now that's a recepie for success!

21 hours ago, Klecko73isGod said:

OK.... I have to interject here. First you make a comment suggesting that people who post on here who didn't play organized sports have an opinion that is less valid than the opinions of those who have. Then, someone points out that an ex-NFL player  (and a damned good one at that) agrees with their assessment regardless of their sporting experience and now just because a guy played in the NFL his opinion is not more valid than yours?

Can ya... can ya hear yourself?

In all fairness it depends on who it is. It's like saying just because Geno Smith is a QB, he can actually 'play' QB. 

Archived