Someting is bugging me

ASH1962

I have played competitive sports (Ice Hockey) and have had sprained ankles, twisted knees, banged up feet, basically any kind of leg injury imaginable not requiring surgery. From experience, when one gets this type of injury, one usually cannot stand on or put any pressure on that injured leg / foot / ankle for more than a second without writhing in pain. Geno Smith twisted his knee or ankle yesterday, got up under his own power, walked to the locker room under his own power without a noticeable limp, stood on the sidelines for the entire rest of the game, even begged to go back into the game from what I understand listening to the postgame, yet for some ungodly reason, the CS would not let him back into the game - even Joe Namath commented to this effect wondering why Geno never came back into the game. This is my main problem with this coaching staff. They are a bunch of chicken $hits.

Was this a pre determined path this CS took to get their guy back into the game(s)? I am sorry, but Geno Smith looked fine to return to the game yesterday and should have been allowed to, this was not a head injury. Is this the opportunity this organization is giving Geno Smith to see what he has as a starting NFL QB? Are we to believe this CS is that enamored with Ryan Fitzpatrick that they would bench him, then chicken out the second the backup QB gets a scratch on him? That whole thing stunk to me.

I have never believed much in, or been a huge fan of Geno Smith as a starting NFL QB, but IMO, this CS embarrassed him yesterday. Today, I actually feel bad for Geno, I really do, because it looks like he is getting screwed over. He did not light up the sky yesterday nor did he play terribly either, but nobody in the league would be able to gleam anything from the short time he was allowed to play before being pulled because this CS got scared and wanted to go back to their guy. No wonder we have 4 QB's yet teams that had none did not want any part of any of our 4 QB's when they were desperate.

Just one man's opinion ...

1 minute ago, ASH1962 said:

I have played competitive sports (Ice Hockey) and have had sprained ankles, twisted knees, banged up feet, basically any kind of leg injury imaginable not requiring surgery. From experience, when one gets this type of injury, one usually cannot stand on or put any pressure on that injured leg / foot / ankle for more than a second without writhing in pain. Geno Smith twisted his knee or ankle yesterday, got up under his own power, walked to the locker room under his own power without a noticeable limp, stood on the sidelines for the entire rest of the game, even begged to go back into the game from what I understand listening to the postgame, yet for some ungodly reason, the CS would not let him back into the game - even Joe Namath commented to this effect wondering why Geno never came back into the game. This is my main problem with this coaching staff. They are a bunch of chicken $hits.

Was this a pre determined path this CS took to get their guy back into the game(s)? I am sorry, but Geno Smith looked fine to return to the game yesterday and should have been allowed to, this was not a head injury. Is this the opportunity this organization is giving Geno Smith to see what he has as a starting NFL QB? Are we to believe this CS is that enamored with Ryan Fitzpatrick that they would bench him, then chicken out the second the backup QB gets a scratch on him? That whole thing stunk to me.

I have never believed much in, or been a huge fan of Geno Smith as a starting NFL QB, but IMO, this CS embarrassed him yesterday. Today, I actually feel bad for Geno, I really do, because it looks like he is getting screwed over. He did not light up the sky yesterday nor did he play terribly either, but nobody in the league would be able to gleam anything from the short time he was allowed to play before being pulled because this CS got scared and wanted to go back to their guy. No wonder we have 4 QB's yet teams that had none did not want any part of any of our 4 QB's when they were desperate.

nameth feels the same way.

Just now, ASH1962 said:

From experience, when one gets this type of injury, one usually cannot stand on or put any pressure on that injured leg / foot / ankle for more than a second without writhing in pain.

Factually inaccurate.  Sorry.  It all depends on the specific injury and it's severity.

Here's my uninformed opinion of what is going on based only on observation.

Immediately after the Cards game Bowels made it very clear Fitz would be the starter against the Ravens.  Overnight without having reviewed film, or speaking to his coaching staff, he had a revelation, and named smith starter.

Very out of character, Fitz yesterday mentions the owner as having lost faith in him.  Hmmmm

I just have a feeling Bowles really doesn't like smith personally.  After his "I don't care what smith say's he's a back up for a reason" speech, then naming him starer,  This was really an odd moment.  Even for the Jets.

I really have a feeling that Bowles was told by Woody, for some odd reason, to start smith.

I hope this isn't correct.  One thing the Jets don't need is a meddling Woody involved in this weird QB situation.  

33 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

I have had 6 knee surgeries that were basketball related.  In the first one it felt like I pulled a muscle and kept playing.  The next day the knee was huge.  Another couple of times I had to be helped to the locker room because I couldn't make it on my own.  The doctors must have been concerned when they did their testing in the locker room and they made the decision to not let him play.  The MRI today will shed light on what kind of damage if any there is.

3 minutes ago, Joejet said:

I have had 6 knee surgeries that were basketball related.  In the first one it felt like I pulled a muscle and kept playing.  The next day the knee was huge.  Another couple of times I had to be helped to the locker room because I couldn't make it on my own.  The doctors must have been concerned when they did their testing in the locker room and they made the decision to not let him play.  The MRI today will shed light on what kind of damage if any there is.

The MRI and and any bruising or swelling.  We really don't know what is happening here.

But how does Fitz start 23 games behind this offensive line and generally be ok (he hurt his thumb scrambling), and Geno can't make it through the half?

Geno throws a much better ball, which opens up the offense, but he just sits in the pocket.

13 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Here's my uninformed opinion of what is going on based only on observation.

Immediately after the Cards game Bowels made it very clear Fitz would be the starter against the Ravens.  Overnight without having reviewed film, or speaking to his coaching staff, he had a revelation, and named smith starter.

Very out of character, Fitz yesterday mentions the owner as having lost faith in him.  Hmmmm

I just have a feeling Bowles really doesn't like smith personally.  After his "I don't care what smith say's he's a back up for a reason" speech, then naming him starer,  This was really an odd moment.  Even for the Jets.

I really have a feeling that Bowles was told by Woody, for some odd reason, to start smith.

I hope this isn't correct.  One thing the Jets don't need is a meddling Woody involved in this weird QB situation.  

If that's how it happened, I love it from Bowles. Sticking to your guns. And it shows up Woody and maybe slows him down

Geno has a tendency to hold the ball way too long and take unnecessary sacks.  I think that he's trying to extend the play to make something happen but he has to learn to throw it away when there is nothing there.  That comes with experience.

7 minutes ago, Joejet said:

I agree with you the way that different knee injuries react.   

Very curious that he wasn't equipped with any kind of stabilizing device if the doctors were concerned about serious injury.  Always seen to  immobilize a suspected knee injury.

Hard pressed to see any kind of major conspiracy here, but this QB situation has been handled soooooooooooo weird.

Well, this is the Jets  

Every injury is case by case.  

I was surprised Geno was pulled.  I was on the Jets side of the field yesterday, just a few rows back.  Once Geno came off the field I watched him the whole time (although my view was blocked a couple of times from a bunch of Yahoo's jumping out of their seats to beg a teenager to fire a $4 dollar t-shirt in their general direction, but I digress)

Docs were manipulating the knee and Geno didn't appear to be in any visible discomfort.  Once I saw him stand up and do some in-place high knees with no no problem, I figured he was good to go and would be coming back in to the game.

After the high knees, a trainer came over and was being spoken to by another trainer while Geno waited.  After a second or two, the trainer motioned to pull Geno and bring him back to the LR.  Geno didn't look pleased and there was no noticeable limp as he walked from the bench to the locker room.

All of that being said, it's entirely possible the Jets were playing it safe and it was a no win situation.

If Geno goes back in and further injures the knee, causing him to miss the remainder of the season, the tin foil hat crowd accused the FO of forcing him back in to the game injured just to make their point and may have cost Geno his career.

They don't pull him, and that same crowd says it's a conspiracy to get their guy back on the field so they kept a healthy Geno out of the game.

They did what they thought was best.  

4 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Every injury is case by case.  

I was surprised Geno was pulled.  I was on the Jets side of the field yesterday, just a few rows back.  Once Geno came off the field I watched him the whole time (although my view was blocked a couple of times from a bunch of Yahoo's jumping out of their seats to beg a teenager to fire a $4 dollar t-shirt in their general direction, but I digress)

Docs were manipulating the knee and Geno didn't appear to be in any visible discomfort.  Once I saw him stand up and do some in-place high knees with no no problem, I figured he was good to go and would be coming back in to the game.

After the high knees, a trainer came over and was being spoken to by another trainer while Geno waited.  After a second or two, the trainer motioned to pull Geno and bring him back to the LR.  Geno didn't look pleased and there was no noticeable limp as he walked from the bench to the locker room.

All of that being said, it's entirely possible the Jets were playing it safe and it was a no win situation.

If Geno goes back in and further injures the knee, causing him to miss the remainder of the season, the tin foil hat crowd accused the FO of forcing him back in to the game injured just to make their point and may have cost Geno his career.

They don't pull him, and that same crowd says it's a conspiracy to get their guy back on the field so they kept a healthy Geno out of the game.

They did what they thought was best.  

if a guy like rivers or big ben is hurt, comes off the field and can hop around they go back in the game.  it will be telling if they say geno can practice this week and if so, who starts. what a mess.

I agree with all of you, nobody is trying to diagnose anything off of TV or what not. If you re-read my post, I was not saying Smith is not injured, we all saw clearly that he twisted his knee or sprained an ankle. My point was if the guy has an injured knee foot or leg, how the hell and why the hell is that "doctor" and CS who are so concerned for his well being, allowing him to walk on it, and stand on it for hours on end, and not ordering him to stay the hell off of it? Do you know of any Orthopedist or other Doctor who would not order a patient with a sprained ankle or worse to stay off of it for a minimum of 2 weeks? There is no miracle cure for a sprain etc, the only cure is staying the hell off of it, yet our starting QB yesterday was pulled out of a game, yet was allowed to walk around and stand on this injured leg for hours.

Sorry fellas, something is not right here...Again, I am not questioning his injury, I am however, questioning our CS and what their true intentions are/were.

2 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

I agree with all of you, nobody is trying to diagnose anything off of TV or what not. If you re-read my post, I was not saying Smith is not injured, we all saw clearly that he twisted his knee or sprained an ankle. My point was if the guy has an injured knee foot or leg, how the hell and why the hell is that "doctor" and CS who are so concerned for his well being, allowing him to walk on it, and stand on it for hours on end, and not ordering him to stay the hell off of it? Do you know of any Orthopedist or other Doctor who would not order a patient with a sprained ankle or worse to stay off of it for a minimum of 2 weeks? There is no miracle cure for a sprain etc, the only cure is staying the hell off of it, yet our starting QB yesterday was pulled out of a game, yet was allowed to walk around and stand on this injured leg for hours.

Sorry fellas, something is not right here...Again, I am not questioning his injury, I am however, questioning our CS and what their true intentions are/were.

It happens...Roethlisberger tore his meniscus and came back in to the game, now he's out for 2-6 weeks.

3 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

I totally get what u are saying.. but it's my understanding geno wanted to go back and coach and/med staff said no.. if that is the case, nothing geno could do.. in fact I bet if same thing happened to fitz he wouldn't go back on the sidelines to support geno and the team.. since it's all about him..

WTF is going on here? Something clearly is not right. First a report comes out that Geno is fine, now the hull smash of a torn ACL and end of season? I feel so bad for Geno, but again WTF were they doing allowing him to stand on this torn ACL all day after coming out of the game?

4 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

WTF is going on here? Something clearly is not right. First a report comes out that Geno is fine, now the hull smash of a torn ACL and end of season? I feel so bad for Geno, but again WTF were they doing allowing him to stand on this torn ACL all day after coming out of the game?

Well Geno obviously didn't know that he had one, or he wouldnt be standing. Geno said he thought the knee was fine, so why wouldnt the Jets force him to sit

You can walk on torn ACL's. Teams and trainers know this, he was kept out because they knew enough to decide he needed an MRI before playing more.

Geno is a millenial puss-bag, but he's still a Jet who had his knee shredded trying to win for US. The Jet fans.

People have jumped the shark. Time for the machines to take over, which will inevitably lead to the Apes controlling the world.

6 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

The report was clearly speculation, which is why I'd said I was surprised it was being "reported" w/o an MRI result.

3 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

Good point. Its been reported that Geno is seeking another opinion on his knee. 

What's crazy is that during his press conference yesterday he even said that "It didnt seem so bad". I doubt you'd say that after just tearing your ACL. 

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You can walk on torn ACL's. Teams and trainers know this, he was kept out because they knew enough to decide he needed an MRI before playing more.

Geno is a millenial puss-bag, but he's still a Jet who had his knee shredded trying to win for US. The Jet fans.

People have jumped the shark. Time for the machines to take over, which will inevitably lead to the Apes controlling the world.

No, the Hipster Millennial is Fitz. 

Are you already trying to steal my material and use it inaccurately?  wow

3 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

My moles in Florham Park tell me the machine Geno was told was an MRI was instead a surgical laser device. 

SAR I

Just now, JiF said:

No, the Hipster Millennial is Fitz. 

Are you already trying to steal my material and use it inaccurately?  wow

Geno has the "world owes me soemthing" millennial personality. No question.

Fitz just has the millennial beard, but more of the hopeless romantic tendencies of a gen-Xer. Hence the way his soundbytes are anchored by sentiments of rebelling against the norm that says he sucks (he does) and relying on relationships to persevere. Those aren't millennial traits. Millennials are too self-important to think that the bond of brothers would ever help them. It's one of the many reasons that NFL play is getting worse with this generations minds playing it. They don't comprehend things in terms of "team" or "family". 

Archived